**Season 10 Spoiler Lab - Bienvenido a Miami!**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I like the Marisol storyline, and I also think people overreact a bit when they hear her name like she's going to be the focus of the entire episode. :shifty:

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    People know(at least this person knows) Marisol won't be the focus of the entire episode.It's just a storyline some don't care for and wish it would end.

3. CSI_Miamilover

CSI_Miamilover Witness

I completely agree! I like mentions of marisol...atleast we will get a peak of horatios mind. And I dnt think She'l be the focus of the episode..like it says marisol is only 'mentioned'

One of csimiami fans @mayracansigno got in the alma awards today and she saw Adam. Eva also posted her pic on twitter so they're both attending the awards. This is exciting XD x

4. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I don't like Marisol's storyline and wish Horatio would find the closure finally, however I do agree that it's no point to panic as she will be barely mentioned.
    Well done Mayra, I will be waiting for the pics from the ceremony.
    Thank you Shane for the spoilers, thank God we can count on you as there is little of everything else(pictures, interviews) comparing to other 2 shows and we would stay with nothing. :)
    Edit: There are pictures on Alma awards on Mayra's website! Eva looks gorgeus and Adam too. He also wins the award. Congrats!
    http://www.latestfromcsimiami.com/

5. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I liked the storyline to begin with, but then They overused it, just like Raskell on "CSI", and the other main problem I have with it is that they didn't use Alana de la Garza to her full potential, she's a fantastic actress but CSI Miami made it look like she'd never been on TV before. She was crap, to put it nicely, and she's one of my favorite actors.

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I don't see anyone "panicking" ....just stating what they do or don't like, which is why we're here.

My problem with this last spoiler is that it suggests Horatio still hasn't gotten over Marisol. It's not her. Or how many times she's mentioned. It's the fact that this "can't find closure" storyline has been dragging on for some 5 years now -- it's become boring to me, I want to see something new & different with/for Horatio. It's just getting very, very old.
    Show us some progress with these characters - more importantly at the moment, Horatio - instead of constantly running in circles.

Despite these buggers, I'm looking forward to the season, & some of the episodes really do sound great ...but I'd like to see that all these 'events' the characters go through are actually leading them somewhere.

7. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I just wish the Marisol thing had been going on for a season or two instead of just throwing them together, getting married after one date, and then she dies. I think it may have helped if she was a little bit older (or LOOKED older, because I think her character was 30 something, but Alana looks about 22).

I can't really say that I hate it or love it, but I do think closure should have been given to Horatio quite a while ago. He should have gotten married to someone and then that relationship kept off camera? But like it's been said, no one on this show is allowed to have a successful relationship lol. Last I checked, police officers have lives too...

8. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

Of course CSI's have lives too, but if all the characters met someone, got married, and had a drama-free family life, what would be the fun in that? Most lead characters on crime drama shows have a troubled background or personal life (Gibbs from NCIS, Mac from CSI NY, pretty much the whole cast of Criminal Minds) and that's part of the reason that we watch them: to see them go through not only hardships as a team, but also their own personal struggles. Often, revenge for the loss of a loved one, or a desire to honor a fallen loved one, is what drives them. It makes great and compelling TV.

I'll admit that I wasn't the biggest fan of Marisol, but her storyline and then her death added depth to Horatio that the character needed, IMO. It showed us that he can be vulnerable and let someone share his life, and that he does still feel pain.

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    As I said before,since Horatio can't be given closure,there is no need for Renee.
    Yes, it shows Horatio feels pain,etc. but people are able to find closure after some time.I've known real people that have lost a loved one, been able to find closure, and let someone else into their lives faster than Horatio has. It has dragged on way too long,maybe the writers should have Horatio seek counseling.
    While Horatio's life doesn't need to be drama free,it's time to close the chapter on the "closure " aspect of Marisol and move on to something else. Adding closure can also had depth,growth and another chapter to Horatio's life.Hopefully we will see that this season,though I thought we were going to get closure in season 9.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  10. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

IMHO, I think what is going on may have less to do with DC and more to do with the fact that Renee was going to be very hard to work in (with the actress filming in Canada) and Marisol was much easier (with her actress just being released from Law & Order whatever as well as I don't think they had really wanted to kill her that quick, but she got the full time job on L&O so she had to go).

I also think that last year, when they were talking about a romance, they were planning to keep Toller around, for awhile, as this year's villain. Then the availabilities changes and they went for this route and a much nastier villain.

There is also the possibility that they may have been given the heads up that this is very probably the last year. Maybe even told already and if DC really does want Horatio to die at the end ( I hope NOT), they decided to try and make it less painful for viewers, by having the last scene not be Horatio's dead and broke body, but a happy and loving reunion with his beloved lost wife. (i.e. a last scene of Marisol and Horatio both in white and the two of them in each others arms kissing -- Horatio finally gets to kiss a woman.)

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

It was corny when it was done on Medium,and it would be corny for Miami as well, but Miami will do what they want,corny or not.

As far as I know,Marisol is only appearing in the premiere,but there is truth to the possible scheduling conflict wth the actress portraying Renee.

12. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

If the show ends at the end of Season 10, I'd like Horatio to die by the dock, with the whole of the season being a dream. :shifty:

13. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

That would be...interesting.

14. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

From the latest spoilers, it says Marisol will be mentioned in eppy 6, that does not mean he will not find closure in eppy 1. We have all lost loved ones and we have have found closure as far as dealing with their death and grieving for them. But that does not mean the loved one can never be mentioned again because where would the closure be if we pretend the person never existed. It's their infuence in our lives and the memories they leave us with is what gives us strength and helps us move on.

That being said, I always felt the relationship between Horatio and Marisol was rushed and wasn't given the time to grow and I was a little angry with the writers last year when the Memmo story was brought back because it was more about Horatio and Marisol and less about Eric and Marisol, which to me would have made more sence because of how close they were and the fact Eric was with her when she was shot. But that was last season and I can't do anything about it now.

I have liked the spoilers that have come out and I'm excited for the start of season 10.

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

From spoiler for eppy 7
    Of course that loved one can be mentioned again,that is only normal to remember that person with fond and loving memories,but according to the spoilers for episode 7,Horatio has not found closure.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.