Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New York

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Re: Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New

I so agree with both of you! Perfect pic and indeed a perfect trio! ;)

2. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

YES YES YES episode 6 = Halloween! I love Halloween episodes!

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Episode five info - finally some stuff for Flack! :D
    8.05 "Air Apparent":

~ The team processes a gruesome crime scene, where a young woman named Angela has been stabbed to death. There's blood everywhere, and the name "Bill" is written on the wall in blood. This seems to point straight to her boyfriend Bill, an ex-convict who was released from prison several weeks ago. The police arrest him while he's at family dinner with his mother and brother Jordy. Bill swears he didn't kill Angela, but there's cocaine in her apartment, and he's got cocaine in his system.

~ Jordy is one of the top high school basketball players in the country, and he's really going places - he doesn't need any distractions when there are college scouts watching his every move on the court. Bill used to be a good basketball player too, before he screwed up his life and ended up in jail. Jordy is devastated because his brother swore he'd clean up his act this time.

~ It looks like Flack's sister Samantha will make an appearance!

~ Overall, I see everyone but Sid and Adam (which doesn't mean they won't be there, of course). It looks like the episode will focus more on Mac and Flack.​

Woohoo, I really hope these spoilers pan out and we get to see Sam again! :D

4. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Thanks a lot Fay.

So happy to see again Sammmantha Flack. Great news.

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Thanks, Fay! I'm with you on hoping things pan out with Sam's return and the focus on Flack. :) It's funny how asking a question on E! about Flack gets no response but not asking a question about DL does get a response. ;) :wtf: :rolleyes:

6. CSIaholic

CSIaholic Dead on Arrival

Finally! :) I am so excited. I missed her. Now, if only we got an answer to what happened to Louie. I am still waiting on that...

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

8.06 - "Get Me Out Of Here!"

Back in a few...

ETA:

~ This is definitely aimed towards being a Halloween episode. Ally and Brian are two teenagers making their way through Marymount Cementary, trying to catch up to one another so they can engage in sexual activities. Brian is finally able to catch up to Ally but she doesn't want to make it appear that he can get with her so easy. She runs off again, laughing, but ends up falling face first into a deep hole in the ground. Fortunately for her, she's not alone! Well, kind of. She's on top of a very very dead body. Gross!

~ Mac, Jo, and Flack are the first ones to arrive at the scene. Hawkes gets the dirty work -- having to jump in the grave and process it.

~ Adam may have been in a fraternity.

~ Adam's also out in the field with Danny.

~ Not much else, but everyone is mentioned. :)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  8. PerfectAnomaly

Danny and Adam in the field together didn't work out so well the last time. ;) I'm looking forward to them getting some interaction time.

9. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Glad we got some Flack mentions!!I can't wait to see Samantha back on the show!!!

10. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

11. PerfectAnomaly

News from TVLine about the premiere:

So I wonder if he just doesn't know about Sid's and Hawkes' moments or if they were cut. :confused: :(

ETA: Also, I thought Lindsay and Adam weren't going to be covered? I guess the only thing we know for sure is that we'll see Mac, Jo, Danny and Flack.

ETA2: I made a comment on the site about my first ETA and Matt responded with "I didn't say they would be shown, per se."

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

So maybe they'll just tell their stories, but not actually show the flashback? OMG I'm just waiting to see what happens next month because they have me so confuzzled right now. :lol:

13. PerfectAnomaly

I know. At this point anyone they show in addition to Mac is a bonus in my book. :lol:

14. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I emailed the CBS DVD people, because TVshowsonDVD wasn't releasing any info about the extras on Season 7. The woman I spoke to expressly said they are subject to change, but:

"The Seventh Deadly Season"
    "New in Town: Jo Danville "
    "An Extended Visit: John Larroquette Comes to CSI:NY"
    "Wild Ride: On the Set with Peter Fonda"
    Deleted Scenes
    gag reel
    Under the Microscope Blogs

15. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Stuff to catch up on :).

Hm. Alright.

I don't think there's any 'situation' to handle, to be honest. And I'd guess that the show wouldn't see one present either.

(There's not been anything specific mentioned either way that I've come across, but I'd not expect to see nor hear of her :)).

----

There's only so much time in an ep. To have a story in the present tense and moments of the past recalled on the scale that seems indicated is a tough edit for 42 minutes any way ya look at it. Oh, and that other thing seen in every ep - ...right, a case :p.

I'm not expecting each character to get a large flashback sequence. That'd be big $$ to undertake, especially if on an outdoor set depicting a stricken Lower Manhattan, etc. They've also actually gone to NY to film some elements for the memorial. IE. more $$. Along with shooting schedule & screentime, it's finite too.

(But. I guess that's not to say they couldn't have flashbacks depicting people in their living rooms or in a lab or something, but perhaps that then relates back to the question of dividing screentime and incorporating everyone; if you're gonna have people in an office or such, it could feature a present tense recollection instead, and perhaps be more moving for it, if that makes sense).

It would seem to me that there's a lot to juggle. The premiere looks to have been a huge and ambitious undertaking (as it should be, esp. for what they're addressing). I can't wait to see what they've put together, I'm not expecting miracles. I'm just hoping for a tight & cohesive ep, a challenge in itself. If successful, then it'll be a powerful, poignant, very moving, somewhat uplifting ep (f ya go by PV & ZR), and will make it a great gateway forward for the rest of the season to progress from.

I think it's great some characters will get flashbacks, but there's little doubt the big arc is for Mac; in addition to the 9/11 Mac/Claire focus, NY has to both explain him working elsewhere, have the memorial, give him Closure, and then bring him back to PD, while having had Jo leading the team in his absence - something else to allude to & 'splain, and as for the team, Messer's wearing stripes - which is something else again that they hafta work in. Ambitious. Bodes well. But give 'em a kit-kat if not a break people, that's a lot to cram in :lol::p.

So no, I'd not be surprised to have the likes of Adam & Lindsay, if not even Jo, Sid & Sheldon as well, recounting thru conversation their 9/11 experiences, rather than have them depicted. (I wasn't sure how to read what's been mentioned of Jo, tbh. But I'm leaning to Flashback in seeing DC as too much for NY to resist incorporating somehow).

I hope Jo, Sid, and Sheldon do in fact manage to get something more, but who knows what will make it into the final cut. It would be surprising to me if Sheldon's scenes were cut completely, given what was visible in the pics; don't know enough of what's been said of Sid or Jo to guess.

I like the idea of having Flack and Danny in one combined moment, but it was also likely a happy merging of story & production considerations. That it's the first time they've met is rather serendipitous to canon lore say the least :lol: but I definitely don't begrudge them that ;).

-----

Digression aside. Basically, I don't expect anyone outside the S8 core roster to have any material, nor do I really expect to hear of other past characters even thru conversation (ie. Aiden, Stella, Angell...). The lack of such is not a failure; if there is some mention of them somehow worked into a story that's being relayed, that's really a bonus in my books :).

If I may, there seems to be the suggestion that Stella should be somehow included, but less for where she was, and more because she was Mac's partner. (There's possibly more implied than that but it's not been said and so I won't address it).

What I will say is: A) If the show were to include her, for some reason, it ought to be about her, not about Mac. b) On the larger point, the show doesn't owe a mention or a depiction of Stella simply because she was once on the show, despite the magnitude of the memorial in question.

:lol:.

(Don't blame ya. But ya know, I'm sure he'd lend it to ya if ya asked...:p)

:rommie:

...I'm thinkin' maybe they should stop Overdoing it :p.

Owait, there's more? Questions for Carmine & Anna? Gee, you wouldn't possibly be courting Q&A about DL? :lol:. Brace yerself folks. Y'all know whut's comin'.

(Yep, it burns alright :p).

As for gift baskets. Dear K. Your magnanimosity is underwhelming :lol:. No gift basket. Hand basket mebbe. You know where to find it (it's only right) :p. Thanks kindly. (PS. I'll srsly send ya something nicer if ya give space to a question answered by either AB or CG that pertains to any other character or story element in addition to teh Usual. Fair?)

Gotta agree :p.

:D How 'bout that. Five eps in? I guess that's not bad.

Wow, glad Kathleen Munroe can make a return appearance :). It's not that I didn't like the eps that had Cliff Angell and such, but I'd been hoping for a long while now that we'd get a bit more of Sam. KM & EC were great & wholly believable onscreen together, and it really gave EC something more to do than vault tall buildings in a single bound - or, I guess rather vault from tall buildings :p. Looking forward to this muchly.

Does that mean scenes together, or that Flack & Mac each just seem to have the most scenes?

I hope they have scenes together. I hope NY also generally continues to mix up work pairings. I'd certainly have no problems with Mac & Flack bickering over which cookies to have or the like :lol:.

Mac, Jo, Flack, and a poor hard done by Sheldon elbow deep as they stand idly by? :lol: Awesome. (If Hawkes further gets a scene with Sid to commiserate, or set off one of Sid's digressions, so much teh better :p. Wishful thinking, but whaddaya do).

Hm. Liking that Adam might be getting a bit of back-story added. Wonder if it'll be the usual humorous side of things or if it'll be a bit more serious? Would love either. Or both, for that matter :).

I also have a vague recollection of Adam on a rooftop with turkey vultures or something? Was that with Danny? In addition to the fraternity stuff, I'm glad to hear NY is having Adam out of the labs a bit more :D.

Now, if only they could find more ways to have Sid around too.

I'm still not sure how to read what's suggested for Jo.

I guess one could possibly interpret the various doublespeak as indicating that Sid and Hawkes and mebbe Jo will have some sort of intermittent flashback, while Montana & Adam will each have some more verbal accounting of their experiences - ie. not shown, per se.

Per se. Per se? Per se. ˈpɜː ˈseɪ. Curvatures of Lettuce. Confirm deny. Tease but plead teh 5th. Jedi spin voodoo. It won't be shown per se, but Those Who See It Will See Sumthin... :lol: Whatev :p.

(Matt, no gift-basket for you either, sir :p. Not yet at least).

ETA:

:lol:

That's about how I'm guessing, right now. But ya never bloody know, do ya :p.

-

As for the DVD extras. Thanks for sharing that. Haven't bought any in yeeeeeeears. S7 might change that. Mebbe. Some sound interesting, and it sounds kinda fun that they've devoted some bits to their guest stars (they'd really be silly not too, given the names, and the multi-ep arcs each were involved in).

I've no idea in general if these Xtras are decent or lacking, compared to other seasons, or even the other CSI shows? Do they ever do commentaries & stuff?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.