Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I agree hipphugger, Cath and Gil had great chemistry. They have that wonderful married couple feel to their relationship. As much as I LOVE Catherine and Vartann as a couple, I can't imagine what it will be like for Catherine when Grissom comes back, if he does. And in what capacity.

I so didn't want to like Ted's character, but I do. I'm hoping CSI will get it's spark back. 12 seasons is a long time and it's hard to keep things fresh and to keep viewers I know.
    Roll on season 12! :thumbsup:

2. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Another article, similar stuff, but a few more tidbits from Danson:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/03/us-csi-idUSTRE7726G620110803

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Ted Danson's wife, actress Mary Steenburgen, just tweeted this:

D'awwwww. :adore:

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That's really sweet. :)

Also, interesting that Danson's dad was an archeologist. I didn't know that.

5. Micha

Micha Rookie

CSI 12.02 "Tell-Tale Hearts"
    The brutal slaying of an entire family has the CSI team stumped, particularly when an unlikely candidate comes forward to take responsibility for the killings...

6. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

I think Ray's office in Doc Robbins' "attic" didn't last long. Grissom's old office is certainly big enough to hold 4 desks, so Cath probably moves in with the rest of the gang, D.B. takes Cath's old office and, most importantly, Miss Piggy stays put.:)

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I've always loved her! It would be great if she made an appearance or two as D.B.'s wife on the show. :)

8. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

That would be very cool if she was cast as his on screen wife. I've always liked her also.

As far as Billy coming back for Marg's exit, yes Grissom should be there BUT I think some feel that his appearance should not OVERSHADOW the exit she deserves. The bottom line is that Marg is leaving and not that Billy is in an episode.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  9. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

Yeah, that entirely depends on your POV ;) For me, Billy's last ep was neither 'OMG! Billy's leaving!' nor was it 'Hey, the Fish is here to stick around!' but rather '6 seconds of Jorja! YES!'

Neither POV is bad, it just depends on why you watch the show :)

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I wouldn't mind seeing Grissom again, but I wouldn't like it to feel forced or contrived. It's all in how they handle it. And of course they've disappointed me in the past, but they've also made me happy, so I'm crossing my fingers that this whole season...Marg's exit and WP's return included....will all go well. :)

11. Frosch

Frosch Witness

Isn't the most important thing that MH wants WP to be part of her exit?

Do you think she's worrying about him overshadowing her? I doubt it. I am optimistic that it is going to be a beautiful send off for Marge, especially if she and Billy have any say in how it is portrayed.

Correct me if I'm wrong but WP has never been the type of actor who demands to stand in the spotlight and I'm confident he will take care not to take anything away from Marge's moment and will allow her to shine. Be honest, did WP overshadow anyone during his appearance in 'The 2 Mrs. Grissoms'? If you remember, he didn't even want CBS to promote that he would be in the episode.

Others have already mentioned it but you can't control the reasons why people watch the show. Yes, Grissom fans (moi included) will want to watch it primarily because of his appearance. How is that any different than Nick/Greg/Sara fans watching it primarily because of them? The important thing is that as many people as possible get enjoyment from it.

12. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

13. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I don't know whether I should laugh or smile at the fact that there's a discussion about where Grissom's fetal pig is going to reside after the Ted D. transition, but I can understand the importance. The fetal pig is symbolic of Grissom's presence in the lab and without that fetal pig, the lab would feel incomplete. Oh my goodness, I can't believe I just explained the importance of a fetal pig...:lol:

14. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I'm hoping the Miss Piggy mention by Carol signifies not only Grissom's presence (by proxy), but also a theme of getting back to why the show became a hit in the first place - the science. Wouldn't it be cool if they had to refer to or use Miss Piggy to solve a case? Grissom did say that he used Miss Piggy to determine the effects of radiation on tissue.

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

:guffaw:

Actually, I think people are concerned that the fetal pig will go into D.B.'s office, which it shouldn't. That's Grissom's fetal pig and it should stay with the original team.

And I'm with you, I never thought I'd be involved with talking about a fetal pig and worrying about where it goes. :lol:

As for Billy returning, I don't think he'll overshadow Marg's exit, but it also should not be turned into a chance for GSR scenes. :rolleyes:

I still think Grissom's exit was marred by him going to Sara in the jungle. Having the show end with Grissom just exiting the lab, after looking over his team, would have had more impact.

They could have shown the jungle scene :rolleyes: at the beginning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.