The Rant and I Cannot Say This Out Loud #3

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raveyn Zayra

Raveyn Zayra Witness

AFIS - There are plenty of people who use Twitter as an alternative to Facebook and actually use it to keep in touch with friends/family. Plus, what if you find a relative on Twitter and you don't know their phone number...or what if they don't have a phone? How can you call them? Also, there are some pretty awesome celebs on Twitter that have legitimate things to say.
    ----

Dear cats, why must you pester me so? I love you to death, but meowing constantly outside my door is NOT going to get me to do anything.

Dear Mother Nature, once again you're scaring NEPA with tornado warnings. Didn't that plan fail once before? Why bother trying it again?

2. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I wish people would stop posting random naked pictures on a messageboard (not this one, since this one is actually MONITORED!!!) that I like to visit. This is the 2nd time I have actually seen this for myself. I've reported it and I also contacted the board seperately to let them know that I don't appreciate people visiting there specifically to post their filthy SPAM. And the thread is still there after a few hours of reporting this (I just checked). :rolleyes:

I wish I could have kitty cats meowing at me, but alas, no pets are allowed in my apartment building. I have to live vicariously through a friend in England, who recently got 2 kitties. They are jet black and really cute. :)

3. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

AFIS- I use twitter too and like it better than FB mostly b/c on my first FB are too many "old buds" I don't feel friendly anymore, plus the app works worse than twitter app.
    And I use twitter for many things and reasons.
    -
    To phone,
    I officially start to dislike you. Why you're yet another Nokia? I hate Nokias. Especially that darn "end/exit" button that is too close to "nr.3" and tends to be hit more often by accident exiting me out of browser when I've done lot of text I'm already tired to type up. And b/c of that I must copy/paste every line I type. Mom couldn't you get SE instead? They're far better in functionality. Next time it'll be only SE or LG not Nokia.
    -
    Internet! Please work like you should. I know it's not my SE anymore but still.
    -
    Mother Nature,
    are you done the storms? I'm not at countryside this year so not bothering me too much but in capital city it also hits painful especially hard rain right in my window. That's not cool to stand whole night at window trying to slap up all the water coming through it. And I also don't feel for "miami" weather. Not in this climate zone.
    -
    Dear "best" friend,
    what do you want from me at 1am? I clearly wasn't answering your text b/c I'd be doing anything and anywhere, and what if you'd distracted me?
    I'll replay when I get the mood.
    And if you want to meet me just bc you have to hang around till one of your numerous boyfriend arrives then I'm not the best company. I don't want to see any of your bf's when I specifically asked for the time ONLY FOR TWO OF US!

4. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

To what/who ever it was flying over the neighborhood last night at 10:15 & 10:50, if you're trying to be unobtrusive -- fly higher so you don't shake the houses! The first time I had no idea what was up. I thought the noise was coming from the air conditioner until you went over head (and we just spent $300 replacing one of the other air conditioners!). The second time I heard the thumping and actually got to the window and saw what I think was at least 2 jets and 1 large hellicopter! This is the middle of the second largest city in the state and tree top height is not high enough!

5. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Why must you stop working and work when i f**king need you to and also stop makning me click you three times for you to work and you are damn useless

6. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Darn headache get lost. I didn't do anything today. So stop hurting.
    -
    Yay country, keep pushin on that. I really want to have English as the second language instead of Russian. I'd make my further education evaluation much possible. I'm not tend to learn language that sounds and looks more like a Chinese than normal latin-like. I know English almost native-level and it feels natural to me (am I half American?) and Russian is just only less than first grade level (still after so many years of school). Even German went better after only four years of sporadic training/teaching (I managed graduation exams after all and I got good mark, albeit it was only grade 9 and for final graduation exam I chose English which also scored good though not that good (it marks about level B-German vs C-English) ).

I know ppl have these language issues but I'm really better English than Russian.
    And you can always add third or fourth language.
    -
    Tnx Library. I'll be reading those books very looooong time.

7. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

It's official, I hate my computer. I've spent the last three days playing Backup-and-Wipe-My-Hard-Drive and I just can't play this miserable game anymore. I've finally got the virus off, but now my internet is moving at the pace of molasses (really slow for people who don't know what molasses is). I don't understand why society dictates that I must spend all this money on technology that has the same level of reliability that it had back in the late nineties/2000s.

8. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Argh, moving. First, the movers always take at least twice as long as any normal person to find the place, even when they have GPS (and of course they're charging by the hour, including "travel time"); then they always say "oh we can't get half your big furniture through that door/hall/other-convenient-narrow-space (they finally do, but of course, it takes longer = more $ for them).

Stupid ISP, I've called three times now to get internet hooked up here. They can't, because "there's already an active connection there, we have to contact the resident" - I AM the resident now! Then they get me off the line with "we'll look into it and call you back within 36 hours" - three times now, no call back.

So with no reliable internet (scamming off some distant neighbour who didn't secure their wireless :shifty:), I've been reading a lot of ebooks from the library - which of course is another rant, when the earlier books in a series aren't available until after the later books expire for me, so I have to wait another 21 days to get them out again! :scream:

To add to the Twitter discussion - I like following people like Jeffrey Hunt, who post behind the scenes pics (as well as updates on his kids, but the pics make up for it :)). I stopped following the couple of "normal" friends I knew on there though - I really don't care about the minute details of their commute to school or whatever. :)

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

So, I had to take up the zucchini plant completely (or as much as I could) because the damn squash bugs were starting to lay their eggs on the leaves of my eggplant and cucumber plants. I'm not letting them decimate those plants like they did my zucchini if I can help it. Damn bugs, stay away from my plants! I really don't want to resort to putting pesticides on my plants.

10. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

About my earlier Twitter rant - Sorry, if I offended anyone's personal choice to use Twitter with my rant. I guess I'm just not cool when it comes to technology even though I probably should be. Speaking of technology...

Apparently my internet issues are related to "prior known issues on [the cable company's] end" and they "apologize for the inconvenience". No offense, cable company, but I do not accept your apology. They're always doing maintenence and I'm starting to think this is just a cheap excuse for them to charge me more money. I can just imagine the bill now, "We've added a new increase in bandwidth for popular internet applications that you don't use! Now you just have to pay 50 more dollars for the same level of reliability of our internet. Thank you for choosing [the name of cable company]. We appreciate your business." Yeah, I'm sure you appreciate my business...as you swindle me out of my hard-earned money.:( Looks like I'll be joining Raynn in the rants against the constant phone calls to my internet provider leading absolutely no where.:lol:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  11. GregNickRyanFan

:sigh: Found yet more squash bug eggs and baby squash bugs (they look like spiders when they first hatch). Actually found some eggs on a stem on my regular tomato plant (it never did anything from the beginning, it was a dud lol). So far it doesn't appear that they've gotten to my cherry tomato plant yet and they better not, cause that one is actually doing quite well. But, I'm so sick of these freakin' bugs!

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Google can be your friend. :D

http://organic.lovetoknow.com/How_Do_You_Get_Rid_of_Squash_Bugs_Organically

http://www.ehow.com/how_5133560_rid-squash-bugs.html

In any case Google "hot to get rid of squash bugs'' and "how to get rid of squash bugs naturally". You'll get a ton of information.

Also, I'm sure your local nurseries can help, as well.

You know if you haven't gone that route already. ;)

13. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Oh those darn kids at yard.
    Why you feel the need to run through our apartment building like a hurricane? You have your own building to play!
    And stop trashing the door! I don't want this building collapse from your door shoving.
    And same goes for other door. The other stairway that has open backdoor also isn't for your plays. It's so annoying.
    And stop shouting! I'll start yell at you in front of your mom.

Yay! Finally I got part of my revenge :evil:
    Finally I got to yell at you stupid kids. And if you forget my words I'll be here to remind you. Until you get your apartment and you all move far away :evil:

14. GregNickRyanFan

I googled it a while back, looking for pictures of the bugs to find out what they were. I've tried a lot of different "home remedies" (because store stuff is kind of expensive so I wanted to try home remedies before I spent a lot of money) , but unfortunately, I think I waited too long to google the bugs and they had pretty much already killed the zucchini. Thanks for the links though. :) Those are different from the ones I had. I didn't see any bugs out there today, so hopefully I got the last of them yesterday. :crosses fingers:

15. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Sorry to abandon you in the ISP woes then, but I actually finally got a return call yesterday from a very nice, apologetic rep, who could actually get something done. I'm not sure but it may have had something to do with my call earlier in the day when I mentioned that I could get the same "introductory" rate from my old ISP in another week, so if the new company was going to screw me around for much longer, I'd just do that. So hopefully just two more days, and I get real internet again. Wish me luck in not having to come rant about the tech doing the install or something. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.