**Season 10 Spoiler Lab - Bienvenido a Miami!**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Hey everyone! It's been awhile!

First, it's cool to see all the cast pics being posted - really liked the one w/DC and Eva LaRue & Emily Procter - they all looked great!

Now for the other stuff...;)

OK - I know Miami is far from "realistic," but it is a CSI show, based on science, which is supposed to be "real" or at least somewhat believable. For someone of Horatio's age to be jumping in the water after sustaining a bullet wound to the abdomen makes NO SENSE :rolleyes: I don't care if it was just a "ricoche" or whatever - it looked damn serious in the finale, and through-and-throughs are serious business. H couldn't even stand up straight to shoot the guy (which was a valiant effort and I expected no less of him), so then how can he freakin' SWIM??? :wtf:

There's fiction and then there's complete fantasy, and if I wanted complete fantasy I'd watch Harry Potter or Superman, not CSI. There's a certain expectation that comes w/these shows, and while Miami has been the loosest of the three in terms of realism (well, since season 5, anyway...:rolleyes:), there's no reason to make it completely rediculous.

I agree that H is a hero, but to me he already fulfilled his heroic duty by trying to shoot the killer. The way he was lying on the floor, it would be rediculous to see him suddenly find the strength to jump up and into the water (that's a long drop to begin with), let alone save Nat by somehow diving under water and opening the trunk.

Even to bring her to shore would be ludacris b/c his blood loss would weaken him. (I know we hate to admit it, but he's no spring chicken either, so he's more likely to lose his strength). His blood also may attract some unwanted creatures (ie: sharks, alligators, etc.).

I'd much rather see H being helped by someone else for a change and see the team come together to rescue each other instead of H yet again saving the day :rolleyes: ~ to me, that scenario is old, played out and just "Ho-Hum" :shifty:

Anyhow, I am glad that the Eric/Calleigh scene was much ado about nothing - it's established that the writers suck at writing romance, especially w/these two, so I wish they'd just let sleeping dogs lye. If they have to explain it, do it in a way that's not confusing and doesn't leave it open for stupid jealousies or more drama - I think we ALL agree on that one.

Still hoping for a great season that involves the WHOLE TEAM!! Can't wait for Emily's return! Catch you guys later!

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

They've always said this show was the "comic book" version of CSI... so it doesn't really surprise me that Horatio is up after being shot and jumping in to save Natalia, if that's what happens.

3. Furbi

Furbi Witness

I totally agree with you miamirocks, it's not only unrealistic but also ridiculous to make Horatio save Natalia. I'm still hoping that Eva's tweet just sparked a misunderstanding, and that's not what will happen in the premiere.

4. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

If that's what happens.... Maybe he can't do it. Maybe one of the others - Eric - has to rescue them both from the water... Just a thought....

5. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

Wow, leave this board for two days and suddenly it's a buzzing :lol: I can see why though, these spoilers and photos are pretty mind-boggling to say the least.

My first reaction to the spoilers that suggest Horatio was going to pull of a underwater rescue was one of absolute fury :shifty: I mean, not only was he shot and crumpled to the ground, but if he was too weak to help Natalia when Randy was putting her in the trunk, how can he suddenly find the strength to dive in and save her?

But then I started to think about it.....

Is this photo a cop-out? I mean, H and Nat aren't walking towards the shore and both are dry from the waist up - are TPTB trying to create some confusion for the premire?

I honestly don't know what to think and am going to wait till after I watch the episode before I start ranting and raving. Hopefully the promo will clear up a few things (If H is going in the water, they'll most likey show it)

6. Furbi

Furbi Witness

I love it! After struggling to his feet, he could be so weak that he passes out and tumbles into the water -- then the team would have two drowning CSI's on their hands!

More realistic and without a doubt, super exciting!

7. biletci23

biletci23 Victim

thanx for share. good job

8. Raveyn Zayra

Raveyn Zayra Witness

A wild spambot appears!

I summon Horatio Caine!!

Horatio Caine used the Sunglasses of Justice! IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Spambot has been eliminated! *insert Final Fantasy victory theme here*
    -------
    ...Sorry, I've always wanted to do that to a spambot. =3

Back to regular programming...I love your theory, daisymay. I agree with Furbi: that would be totally realistic AND exciting!

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

There's always the possibility that Randy goes back to "finish off" Horatio & he throws his ass off the pier.

Or this one too. I'm not sure if my eyes are seeing things correctly but in that photo it does appear that Adam is on the pier looking over as they film. He might just be there as a curious actor (or I'm blind and it isn't even him), but .... just throwing it out there.

I think no matter how the rescue went down we would have to give the writers a pass. Even if rescue showed up or the team arrived, the timing isn't logical - realistically, Natalia would already be dead.
    Having back-up already on thier way is about the only logical scenario, but it's also the most convienant & lame (at least imo).

10. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

I do, yet don't agree with this. Lol :cool:

I mean, you are correct in what you say, TPTB are terrible for making damsel-in-distresses - both CSI and case victims alike. That's why I've always rooted for Natalia to escape the trunk by herself somehow while H battles for his life - it'd show them both fighting for their lives and trying to remain strong.

Though the Season 9 episode About Face did turn the tables abit. Natalia was kidnapped sure, but she escaped herself, attacked her kidnapper and then got back on the case as soon as possible. Sure, when she woke up in the van, H had to help her out but I don't think that counts as "saving-the-day". ;) AND there has been episodes where Calleigh and Natalia bond/help victims, both male and female.

But I do get what your saying GNRfan, other than that episode, everyother female in need has been rescued by Horatio and the boys. Though I'm gonna withold judgement for Season 10 - Season 9 showed me that the writers do have the potential to pull off great episodes and a heck of a show - let's keep hope that they can keep it up, huh? :thumbsup:

11. Furbi

Furbi Witness

True, we all know realism has never been Miami's strong suit.

Personally, I doubt Randy would do that, mainly because he's just a pu$$y with a gun who ran away when Horatio started shooting :D

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Haha, I forgot about "About Face". The number of times people are damsels greatly over weigh the times they're not, which is probably why I forgot about it LOL.

The car should have one of those handles on the inside where you can open the trunk from the inside (I think they started putting those in cars a while back) unless its really an old car or something LOL... so yeah, I'd like to see Natalia get out of the car herself and swim back to the dock and check on Horatio LOL. :)

13. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I don't think any drama TV show is 100% realistic. And if was totally realistic. it would pretty pretty boring.

Anyways, I don't care if H saves Nat, it's not like it'll ruin the whole episode for me. I'm just glad they're back for Season 10, truly a milestone. :)

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I just found some very interesting set photos from this person who visited the set -- Be warned, they are very spoilerish.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hoffarth/5980399404/
    The first pic that appears isn't much but if you look to your right & flip through the rest of the photos you'll see one's of David & Ethan (Randy) filming scenes.

15. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

These are great. Particularly like the one with David and his double in the same shot. Not much mistaking which is which, mind!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.