**Season 10 Spoiler Lab - Bienvenido a Miami!**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Aw, come on :) I'd be disappointed too, because it's so illogical, but not enough to boycott!

2. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I'm not sure that any of us have the willpower to boycott. ;)

To reply to something I saw earlier.... I don't understand why CBS has CSI: Miami on Sundays.....

Though I do love football, I don't want it to conflict with any shows I like....

I don't ever watch anything else on TV after evening football games, so I've been wondering....if the game goes on longer will they DELAY Miami or will they just take a chunk out of it? I could live with a delay.

3. Raveyn Zayra

Raveyn Zayra Witness

They'll delay it...or if it goes past 11 PM, they won't air the episode at all. That's what happened to a few episodes last season.

Personally, I'd be able to boycott the season, since there are plenty of other things I could do instead of watching CSI: Miami...like watch a movie or sleep...but that's just me. Obviously, I can't speak for everyone else.

4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

OMG of course Horatio dives in, bullet hole and everything and most probably ends up saving Natalia (who once more is damsel in distress in need of saving and H is right there to do it) :rolleyes:. These writers just keep on going around and around in circles for all their characters.

5. Raveyn Zayra

Raveyn Zayra Witness

I'm convinced that the writers are idiots...or they think that the fans are stupid enough to go along with all of their stupid ideas. Seriously...the show is about as realistic as an episode of Speed Racer nowadays...

...Although, I'm still hoping my original theory is correct. :lol:

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't understand why there's the need for them to make ALL of their female characters play the "damsel in distress". I mean they've done it multiple times to both Natalia and Calleigh. They've done it at least once with Alexx and Valera. They did it with Yelina (probably more than once). And don't even get me started on Marisol or Julia (who was more in distress by her own choices) lol. I don't know if they did it to Megan or not because I watched very few episodes when she was on lol. Most of these characters are very strong women (with maybe the exception of Marisol ... and we didn't really know enough about Valera to assess that for sure or not lol). Why can't they just show them kicking butt and taking names like Mary Shannon on In Plain Sight. Even pregnant Mary is still doing that LOL.

7. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Don't care - she is in distress, and he has been and always will be the superman. If you want realism, don't watch Miami. Personally, I love it. Note to TPTB - take care of him - Horatio AND David.

8. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I think its a bit unrealistic to think that if Horatio has any sense of awareness that he WOULDN'T do everything possible to save Natalia. Is he just supposed to lie there and say, "Whaaa, I've got a boo boo!" and let her drown?? :wtf:

That's certainly not the Horatio I've been watching for 9 seasons! I think this scenario is certainly more plausible than Natalia finding a way out of the trunk on her own or Delko arriving in the nick of time ... wet suit on ready to dive in! :rolleyes:

We don't know the extent of Horatio's injuries. It appears that he has a through and through as a result of a a ricohet from the bullet Randy (and we're assuming it was Randy, fired). Serious, yes! I'm not sure it's as serious and a full impact bullet, and we don't know if it hit anything vital (it would appear that it didn't) ... but I'm not a medical professional. We have seen information that indicates both he and Natalia will be struggling. So it doesn't appear that the injuries of either character will be overlooked.

To be honest, both my husband and I've had very invasive surgeries and been out of the hopital a day or two later. They don't coddle like they used to!

And it certainly will be sad if we don't see him stuggling immensely, both before and after he helps Natalia. After watching how David acted out Horatio getting up to shoot at Randy, I'm not worried.

I have no doubt with the caliber of actors David and Eva are they will pull this off in a believeable way. If it plays out to be less than it could be, well, it won't be the first time TPTB have messed up! Last season finally started the show on the road to recovery after three-plus seasons of a ridiculous mess that resulted in a hateful division in fandom that makes the debt ceiling fiasco in Washington look like child's play!

I'm withholding judgment about how this plays out until I see for myself what they do with it. I trust the actors more than I do the writers. I think they'll find a way to make it work.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  9. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

Agree completely with your take on the move H would do with finding out about Natalia! I think in a case such as this, H is not so much playing the hero for the damsel in distress, but more assisting his team which is what Horatio does so well. But glad they both survive just the same.

Horatio may even be leaving against drs orders from the hospital. If he even goes there to be treated in the first place. It's all a wait and see thing.

I do think Horatio will be ok but I also wish he would at least limp like he was in a bit of pain. :lol: We shall see.

10. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I disagree. I think all the characters have been the "damsel in distress". Ryan when he was captured, Eric when he was shot. The only characters that haven't were Horatio and Walter.

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

It's not about Horatio saving a team member if he can. Of course he would do that. It's about the writers always making this character survive things without a scratch and when he finally gets wounded he is still able to do this amazing rescue underwater. I think that Horatio would be far more liked to a lot of people if he was made a little bit more human and this was a perfect opportunity to just have him be hurt and for the writers to come up with a perfectly plausible scenario for the rescue of Natalia that was original and different and not once more H saving the day. It's the writer's comfort zone to put Horatio there and do his typical saving. I just want them to step away from that comfort zone and do something different. It's NOT about what Horatio would do it's about what the writers keep doing.

I don't want realism; I want good writing and not stereotyping. And when I decide I've had enough I'll ALSO decide if I want to stop watching.

12. Furbi

Furbi Witness

We all know H is one tough cookie. However, a bullet wound, even a fragment/through-and-though is a very serious injury, not to mention the blood loss. Even though he will go to any lengths to protect his team, his family, this time the injury may be too much. I'd be very surprised if he jumped in to save Natalia after the way he was floudering around on the floor at the end of Mayday.

However the premeire goes, I'm sure David and Eva will bring it to life with their unique talents and make a great episode for us fans.

13. Furbi

Furbi Witness

Set photo of Adam: http://fb.me/BQ0s1rpW

And some E/C spoilers from Latest From Csi Miami's Facebook page:

Well remember all the commotion about the spoilers for episode 2 ..ya, well you guys can all pretend that never happen. I don't know why but the writers have omitted the whole locker room scene. guess the writer are listening after all :))......you guys can go party now lol ;)

14. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Yeah, I've read about it in EC thread earlier on and I'm very happy about it. Hopefully they will subtly make up and no more drama. That's what I hope, anyway. I wonder why they've decided to scrap it though.I highly doubt it's because fans complained.
    Also about Horatio - I do agree with hh17 and GNRF, women on this show are typical damsels in distress and H. too often is a women saviour. I know that writers and producers seem to be proud that H is 'larger than life' but it's very unrealistic, like many other show's things, e.c. dress code and science aspect(they solve these complicated crimes in one day?:rolleyes:)
    However, I'm tired of Horatio being unable to be injured or ill and surely hope I'll see him more human next season.

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Just being in danger or in a dangerous situation doesn't necessarily make one a "damsel in distress". The "damsel in distress" plot line usually includes the person having to be rescued by someone else. Ryan's storyline wasn't about him being "a damsel in distress that needs rescuing" because no one came to his rescue (they barely knew he was missing). He got out of the situation without any assistance from the rest of the team (and Horatio helping get Billy back safely was about Billy being the one in danger NOT Ryan). As for Eric getting shot, that also was not a "damsel in distress" situation. It's realistic for cops to get shot at and sometimes they even get get hit. That does not make them a "damsel in distress".

Every time or nearly every time one of the women has been in a "damsel in distress" situation, they've had to be rescued by one of the guys. On In Plain Sight when Mary was abducted by the drug dealer that her sister's boyfriend was involved with, she had pretty much taken out the majority of her attackers before the calvary (aka Marshall and Stan) arrived. Although, admittedly, Valera did get herself out the distressful situation by hitting Nick Townsend over the head with whatever it was she picked up lol. So, maybe that doesn't count as damsel in distress ... unless you count her needing to be saved by the team in regards to being accused of murdering Nick.

Anyway, it seems to be romanticized (for lack of a better word) that the women be put in situations where one of the guys has to rescue them. How about letting one of the women rescue themselves or mix it up a bit and have one of the women rescue the other woman LOL. Why does it always have to be the guy rescuing the girl? That's so cliche lol. I have news for these writers (the majority of whom are most likely men), not all women need to be rescued by a man. Its confusing that they write these women as strong and tough, but then feel the need to have them constantly in situations where they need to be rescued by their male co-workers or love interests or relatives LOL. It's beyond ridiculous. Once in a while is fine, but several times a season is a bit much LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.