George/Nick: Texan Charm #12

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Jacquie, I do get it now :guffaw:

When my dad thought I driving too fast, he'd say I was driving like either Speedy Gonzalez or Parnelli Jones....:lol:

2. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

Guess I missed the shiny suit. :lol: I do agree it's not his best look. Take it off, George, take it off!!!! Jeez, now I sound like I'm sitting in the front row with a handful of twenties. :p

@Jackie, heard about kitty when I went to the Ward to check out the shiny suit pic. Glad to hear everything's working out!

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

:shifty: You get a speeding ticket and make the mistake of telling everyone in the Ward and what happens....:shifty:

You get a nickname. :lol:

4. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

That's pretty funny Speedy! [​IMG]

Guess I'll watch what I confess to the Ward :shifty: [​IMG]

Waiting4summer, do you need any help with those twenties, because that suit definitely needs to come off, ha ha ha.

5. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Boy, did Nick look good in last night's repeat. Especially when they all first got to the house and were walking inside - nice t-shirt and jeans. Nice butt shot when they went into the house.

As for the episode, I wish the mention of Nick's stalker wasn't so casual.

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I'm just glad they mentioned it at all! :lol: When all of that was going on I thought, "If they don't say something about it then they are crazy!!"

But...I think one of the points of Nick's kind of brushing it off was to show how much his character has grown and changed. I like it. I think it's one of the most realistic and believable character growth arcs on the show.

7. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I totally agree with you on the believable arc comment. I've been doing a re-watch of the series for the last littlle while and I started at the beginning. Nick has changed so much but it was such a natural progression at each stage... If they had a "character growth" section on Wikipedia, the character of Nick Stokes could be used as a prime example. :) And George has done a brilliant job of making it all believable.

Explain to me again why he has never gotten an Emmy? :p

8. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

cause the people that do the voting are idiots :D

Seriously it's probably cause he's in an ensemble cast. There are not many actors that get an Emmy when they are in the type of show like CSI. George is not an in your face actor and he's kept his private life private. No getting in trouble. Look at Keifer Sutherland. Send time in jail for DUI and get an Emmy :rolleyes: no justice at all.

9. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Ensemble cast or not, he should have been nominated for Grave Danger.

10. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

It more has to with the fact that CSI is a 'procedural' drama. Those types of shows usually do not get nominated for Emmys.

I think the Emmy committee just overlooks them; though 'Grave Danger' was nominated for best director. Didn't win though. :rolleyes:

Yes, Nick has changed much over the years. He started of as young, naive, just off the ranch Texan, and is not this older, wiser, take no prisoners, Texan/Las Vegas resident. ;)

11. Smokey

Blast from the past...TV commercial for "Grave Danger". Interesting to me since I wasn't watching the show back then. :) Just don't make the mistake I did and click on the related fan videos. :( :( Too sad!!

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Thanks for finding that! :)

13. Smokey

No problem! :) I think it's interesting how it plays up the Nick and Grissom relationship. I didn't realize it had been spun that way.

There is different one on this page.

14. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Thanks for posting those links Smokey!! :bolian:

I especially liked the first one, it was quite powerful. I wouldn't have remembered it back then either, but it's really making me want to watch Grave Danger again right now ;)

Now we just need to find it in high definition :p

15. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Maybe I am biased, but that is the best CSI season finale.
    Nick may have been in the box, but you didn't feel like it was a Nick centered episde because you had everyone working together to find him.
    I wish Quentin would write/direct another episode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.