The Official Pet Thread pt2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Jul 24, 2008.

1. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

So sorry about Squeakers. My heart goes out to you.........

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Thank you everyone. She was a wonderful cat. I was very blessed to have such a lovely friend.

3. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

I had to put my buddy Juri to sleep last Friday :(

On August 1st would have been his 4th Birthday...

I had him since he was a baby. He sure had a nice life but I wish he had a longer life full of fun with the people he loves :(

4. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Stef, those are lovely pics of Juri :( :) He'll always have a piece of your heart so you'll never forget him.

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Juri was a beautiful boy, Stef! I love the baby picture of him! :) He may have lived only a short time, but he sure packed a lot of living into his years. He was quite a character! I really loved hearing about his antics. He was a special cat and will live on in your heart and memory. :)

6. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Those are great pictures of Juri, NickyFan. :) :( You'll always remember him. Once they burrow themselves in your heart they're there for good. :)

Susan

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Our dog, Lily, just got professionally groomed for the first time today. Here are the before and after pics:

BEFORE:

[​IMG]

AFTER:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Smokey

That last one is a glamour shot for sure! :lol: Very pretty!

9. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I found my oldest cat dead yesterday :( She was acting bit odd past few days, being "tired" and refusing to leave the house at evening (we put our cats outside for the night). My better half put her outside the night before and said she was first purring and then the traditional grrr :p and sit outside when he went to sleep.

So yesterday morning I headed to cowshed/barnwhatever and there she was, all cold and dead.

She was 11yrs old and thankfully died to some place I could find her and not to some hide, so no need to wonder where she is. We buried her nearby

10. Smokey

So sorry, Ducky. :( You are right tho...thankfully she stayed close by so you wouldn't have to wonder about her.

11. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Can anyone help me??? I found six little kittens in a bag today while taking a walk :-( Three of them died and the other three are pretty weak... they can't be older than a week or so... someone wanted to get rid of them, I assume... :(

What can I do??? I called my vet but it takes a while for him to get here... I took them home with me... but I don't know what to do with little kitties like these :(

Does anyone know what I can do to help them???

12. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

what you need to do is see if you can get some type of 'kitten' replacement milk. This should at least help keep them going for a bit. Also see if there is any sort of Animal Rescue group that can help. I don't know what facilities you have but if you have a Humane Society try calling them. Humane Society is one of many Animal Rescue Groups we have here in North America.

I hope some of this helps :)

13. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Thanks for the info, Jacquie :) What kind of milk can I give them??? They don't drink the milk humans drink, right??? We have animal shelters here... but the next one is three cities away... too much of a way to take the little ones :( I just hope the vet comes soon :(

14. Smokey

:lol: It's your fault for being so indecisive about getting another cat or two after Juri left! Now you have your answer...times three! :)

15. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

:( But this is not like I wanted it to be! :( They're not just kittens... they are babies :( So small and so weak :(

What to do, what to do with three little baby kittens? :(