The Official Pet Thread pt2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Awwww....poor thing. :( You did right by her, taking good care of her for her whole life and in the end. She counted on you for that and you didn't let her down. I know how hard it is to let go tho. So sorry. :(

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

So sorry about Tuppence, Jacquie! I know how hard it is to lose a pet. :(

Through the years we've lost Shane, Sammy, Spooky, Spanky (sister-in-law's dog).

Lost my ferret Scamper.

Gerbils and hamsters too.

It's so hard, but you did the right thing. She was a beautiful cat who lucked out that day you took her to the vet. It was meant to be.

And now she'll be able to run and frolick all she wants. :)

3. narbarkod

narbarkod Victim

spam!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2011
  4. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I've never seen this thread, saw it mentioned in the Ward. I got a Yorkie Poo for my birthday (Feb. 12th). She's now 6 months. She's adorable and sweet but still likes to bite/chew. And she's chewed off her fur in one spot, I'm told this is allergies, anyone have this problem? How do I fix it?

5. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

If you are concerned about allergies one thing you can look at is trying to go with a grain free food. Sometimes grains such as wheat can be the cause of the allergy. If you do try a grain free food you also need to make sure the treats you give her are grain free as well.

Another possibility for allergies could also be the protein source of the food. Chicken is another known allergen for dogs.

Whatever you decide to do it may take 6-8 weeks before you may see any results.

If you want some actual brand suggestions for food let me know and I'll send you some suggestions.

6. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I'd be happy to hear your suggestions for food! She didn't seem to start this till after she was spayed, do you think it is from the operation? Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

7. modisens

modisens Victim

Spam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2011
  8. Smokey

I had to take Ellie in to the vet yesterday because she had not been eating for a few days. She was down to 8 pounds from 13. :( They kept her and are doing some tests. So far all I know is that she has fluid on her lungs and a small heart. They told me that last night, but I haven't heard from them yet today.

It was strange having just the boys in the house. I miss my girl.

9. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

and such a lovely lady she is Smokey :) Good luck with everything :)

And on a side note we got Tuppence's ashes back yesterday. She's now beside Max and Thomas on the curio.

10. Smokey

Thanks, Jacquie. :)

They don't have all of her test results back yet, but they got enough fluids in her so I am going out there at lunch to pick her up and take her home. She still isn't eating on her own tho, so I have to force feed her 3-4 times a day. :( Poor thing. At least I'll be glad to get her home this weekend. I know she hates being out there.

11. bulgarcam

bulgarcam Civilian

We don't want your spam!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2011
  12. Smokey

Thanks to the spam post, I can post again. :lol:

Ellie is home, along with 5 bottles of different kinds of medication and some food that I have to feed her with a syringe 3-4 times a day. *sigh* They said her heart wall is thick and that she probably has trouble breathing while she eats. She will have to be on the heart meds for her lifetime.

There are still a few more test results to come, but overall they said her body seems fine...nothing else major. She seems fine when she got home. One of her front legs is shaved to the paw and it looks like she is wearing a little fuzzy boot or slipper. :lol:

13. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Awww. She's beautiful Smokey! I'm sorry she's not feeling at her peak!
    Good luck with her medicine, I hope it will do it's job.

I had to give some antibiotics to my Eddie about a month ago, and that's one of the worst jobs ever, giving medicine to cats in syringes. Dogs are easy, cats not so much :lol:

Jacquie, your curio sounds like mine. We have 3 boxes so far, for our dogs; Boots, Smokey & Grady.

14. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Aww Smokey poor Ellie! She's a beauty!

Here's a new yet fuzzy camera phone pic of my Belle.

15. Smokey

Thanks, everyone. :) The syringe feeding is going okay...not fun, but I get it done. I'm not really sure she's getting enough tho. And she still won't eat any kind of food. :( But she acts like she is so hungry.

Last resort I had some kitty treats in the cabinet and I tried those and she ate them! But now she's only sort of eating them. I thought tonight I'd buy her some more of the treats and maybe some cans of wet food that she hasn't tried yet. Maybe the stronger smell will help her want to eat it.

I just don't know what to do with her. If the vet is right about her heart causing it, then the medicine should help and she should start eating, but if she doesn't I don't know what to do.