The Official Pet Thread pt2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

There are milks replacements that are formulated for kittens. If you have a Pet Specialty store as opposed to just a grocery store in town check to see if they have it. I doubt it'll be something you have in grocery stores but every country is different.

2. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

So finally the vet came... and brought the much needed milk :)

But the vet is not sure if I can get them through the night. He thinks they might have been out there for at least a day :(

So I'm a mom to three baby kittens now... at least for the upcoming night... tomorrow I'll call in sick at work and will try to get some more help at the next animal shelter we have here. I hope they can take them and help them... because as much as I would like to help them, I'm not able to feed them like they need to be fed :( I can't stay away from work :(

Poor little things... who could someone do that to them???

3. Jacquie

unfortunately we all know people can do things like that :( It's very good of you to try and help :) I hope work won't give you too many problems with calling in sick. You've a very good person to help this little guys :)

4. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

I finally got two of them to eat/drink some milk. The third one doesn't want to drink anything :( It's also not moving much compared to the other two :( I hope it'll get better during the night...

The other two seem to be doing fine now that they had some milk. They're all sleeping now :) So cute :adore:

5. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

How are your little furry friends NickyFan?

Sounds like you're hooked to me. :lol:

A couple of new pics of my 'little terrorist' - Socks. :adore: The first time for open windows this spring. :lol: You'll notice we didn't open them wide, didn't know how she was going to react to it.

do I fit?
    my head fits

Susan

6. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Update on my little baby kittens... I brought them to the animal shelter today. Now they get the best help they can get.

One of the three didn't survive the night :( The other two are still hanging in there.

They're two little boys... two and one week old and they're doing fine now :)

I'll going to visit them again tomorrow and I was thinking about adopting them. My kitty Juri died a while back and it's gotten really quiet here without him :(

Socks is a cute cat, blackflag :) I like her name too! :)

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I have no words to say to a friend of mine. Maybe you can help me.

My friend's dogs take part in a performing dog program and they were at a show and had parked on the roof. One of the dogs got away from here and lept off the roof and fell five stories to his death.

I'm so sad for her:( I don't know what to say. I told her it was a tragic accident and there is just no explanation for it. The dog could have just stayed by her side but he took off and that's bad luck.

I've had so many friends lose their pets this year including me. It just sucks. What is going on. Is Rainbow Bridge needing new pets.:(

Thanks.:(

8. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

That is so sad. :( Sometimes actions speak louder than words. Just be there for her.

9. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Hey guys! :)

I really could use some help... in a month I'll adopt the two baby kittens I posted about before.

The two little guys are fine now and after they start eating real food and don't need the kitten milk anymore they'll come to live with me.

I have had a cat before... but TWO KITTENS will be a challenge... and I still have to get a lot of stuff for them...

Can you help me out? What do kittens need? I'm sure I'll have to get them a lot of toys... since I have to work half the day... maybe some of you can help me out with George and Teddy :)

Thanks in advance!

10. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

http://i24.servimg.com/u/f24/12/94/81/27/dsc00311.jpg

^^ This is a stray cat that has been coming to us for the past two months and we dont know who owns him but we've called him Smokey and it isnt friendly as such as it hisses like crazy but now when you pet him,it's fine and has the brightest green eyes ever... Check out what is behind Smokey

http://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/12/94/81/27/scoot012.jpg

^^ This is my own cat Scoot heehee dont ask and he's been missing for 2 years now and Scoot loved booze and vinegar when he was given it but he's such a softie but hates dogs.

I want a kitten now

11. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Well what more can you give? Food, water, litterbox and toys. And of course attention. A place where they'd learn to sleep Good that you have two so they have someone to play with so they don't get lonely. And of course teach them not the chew every wire they find ;)

Ha, our male cat always sleep in all kind of boxes or bags if he sees them :lol:

I may be getting a new black cat in August :eek: They'll be 12weeks by then. If it is so, I'm going to call her Torspo (y'know, hockey gear. Or at least used to be. We used to have black Torspo helmet... not a pretty name but I've always been a bit weird with cat names)

12. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Socks was a year old when we adopted her and believe me she is a whole different animal than Pookie who was 17 and Thomas who was 14! The biggest thing to remember is that they will probably be a lot more active than Juri was. Get them toys (Socks has 4 catnip mice that seem to be her favorite everything else she ignores) and they'll probably play with eachother. They'll probably get up to a lot of mischief (especially while you're gone :lol:) because you'll be a whole new environment and they'll want to check it out - in it's entirety. :lol: I'd wait and let them look around a bit before getting them any sort of bed. Socks ignores the basket we had (even after I washed it!) and is currently enjoying the bathtub (wet or dry!!! :wtf:). You also might want to ask the people at the shelter or your vet what kind of food they would recomend.

ETA: Take pictures! I want to see these 2 little cuties! :lol:

Susan

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  13. Jacquie

It was with a very heavy heart but we made the right decision and put Tuppence down this afternoon :(

Our dear sweet little girl came to us almost 9 years ago. She was found by 2 police officers on a hot June day. They were having trouble getting in touch with Animal Control, with it being a Saturday afternoon, so I volunteered to take her up to the emergency vet clinic. The only reason they let me do this was because of the business that my husband and I own.

I had no intention of keeping her but you know you're going to when you start thinking of a name for her. Tuppence's full name was Tuppence Cowley. She was named after a character from Agatha Christie.

Tuppence came to us at 3 months of age. She was severally dehydrated and injured. She had a broken hip and the opposite hind leg was dislocated. All feeling from the vets she saw was that she'd been hit by a car.

The biggest problem that our dear little Tortie had was a tendency to get constipated and this was what caused us to put her down. Her body just had enough of the straining. When the vet gave her a heavy dose of pain meds she was at peace with her body for the first time in 3 weeks. We knew we did the right thing.

So R.I.P. Tuppence. You've now passed over the Rainbow Bridge and will be pain free. Tuppence will now be with Thomas and Max.

Tuppence. March 2002-June 2011.

14. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Aww I'm so sorry, Jacquie :( You must be really sad now :( I know I was when I had to put my Juri down...

But you're right... it was the right thing to do and it shows that you loved her and did what you had to do for her, even though it hurts you.

She had a nice life with nice people who loved her very much. What more could a cat aske for? :)

15. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Jacquie, I'm so sorry about Tuppence, that is always so damn hard! I saw you had changed your avi and was afraid it was not good news. She's in a good place now, although I know that's a cliche phrase. I only have dogs and horses up there right now, but Eddie is 12 and I know I won't handle it well when the time comes. She had a wonderful life with you I know!

R.I.P. dear Tuppence!!