The future of the CSI franchise--Will all 3 series get another season?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Faylinn, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Re: The future of the CSI franchise--Will all 3 series get another sea

I loved Without A Trace and still do as it's on here every night and i have 5 seasons on dvd and waiting for season 6 as i have to order them.

2. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I love it too, I ordered Seasons 1-6 last week, I've watched 3 seasons up to now (life on hold :p) I keep checking for Season 7 but it doesn't seem to be coming... I hope they release it (I'm a little OCD with my boxsets)

3. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Yeah and the release date has yet to be confirmed for season 7 and i love season 1 and Martin - seriously cute and i know of a website which has lots of pics of Martin and i joined there to write fics on Martin

4. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I love Samantha, Poppy's a fantastic actress, and have you heard Marianne Jean-Baptiste's real accent? She has to be the best British actress EVER

5. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Yup and i just love Martin and for me - my type dunno why maybe it's the accent or wait maybe the smile :drool:

6. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

7. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Are you sure they are not referring to Natalia and whoever (Horatio, I assume) is trying to rescue her? That's kind of the way I read it, based on the previews I've been seeing this week, at least I hope so!!

8. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I'm almost certain both Vegas and Miami are near-guaranteed shoo-ins for renewal. "New York" I think is gone after this season. I've seen countless articles for Miami being renewed but I've not seen anything on NY which leads me to conclude that it will likely bid adieu after May 13.

9. ComicCollect_NL

ComicCollect_NL Witness

I see some predictions about the future of CSI. Let's make a shot too. I believe all three shows will continue, say a year or five. A cancellation of one of the series will be cancelled, but only once a fourth instalment is spinned off. Let's see whether this will become true.

10. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

It says it is a [CSI: Miami] finale SHOCKER when 2 CSIs may not make it to September!

Which means that the show is returning in September but 2 CSIs may not make it. I don't care about anyone making it (except H), I'm more happy that CBS hinted that Miami was coming back. :)

11. byline

byline CSI Level One

Have you ever seen "Secrets and Lies"? Everyone should put that one on their "must watch" list. It's a British film, one of the best films I've ever seen, and should've won the "best picture" Oscar that year, IMO. It was nominated, but lost to "The English Patient" (which was more epic, but not nearly the film that "Secrets and Lies" is).

Also, Marianne Jean-Baptiste was nominated for best supporting actress that year, but lost to Juliette Binoche (who IMO has done vastly better work than "The English Patient").

Aren't Poppy Montgomery and Anthony LaPaglia both Australian? Interesting that three of the series' lead actors had to adopt American accents for their roles.

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  12. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

No, I've never seen it, but I will try to watch it, I love anything with MJB.

Apparently Poppy Montgomery can't even speak in an Australian accent anymore because she's been putting on an American one for so long. She auditioned for the part of an Australian in a film and they told her she had the worst Australian accent they've ever heard :guffaw:

13. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

From Zap 2 It

NY - already syndicated. Likely relatively expensive.
    Miami – highest rated of the marginal dramas, already syndicated, plus sunglasses. Likely relatively expensive.

I'd say the The Defenders is a goner

14. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

This is CBS' summer schedule for Thursday night:

CBS Thursday, Effective July 7

8:00-8:30 PM THE BIG BANG THEORY

8:30-9:00 PM RULES OF ENGAGEMENT

9:00-10:00 PM BIG BROTHER

10:00-11:00 PM THE MENTALIST

*No CSI repeats in its usual time slot*
    The speculation is that Big Brother may be 'holding' the 9pm slot for a new drama in the fall (since BB is a summer only show). Which more than likely means that CSI will move to another night; or, it may not mean anything at all. We should find out soon. Upfronts are next week:

2011 Broadcast Network Upfront Meetings

May 16th-NBC/Fox
    May 17th-ABC
    May 18th-CBS
    May 19th-CW/Univision

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  15. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

WHAT!!!!!!

NO REPEATS!!!!!

:scream::eek::wtf::scream::mad::censored::brickwall:

WHO THE HELL WATCHES BIG BROTHER!!!! THE ONLY REASON THAT SHOW IS STILL ON IS CAUSE THE LADY THAT HOSTS IT IS MARRIED TO ONE THE TOP GUYS OF CBS!!!!

GOD HELP ANYONE FROM CBS OR EVEN ABC RIGHT NOW IF THEY CROSS MY PATH!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: *after calming down* Yes they could still play repeats in the new timeslot but as I recall last year they didn't air repeats of NY or Miami in their new timeslots, right? And yes they could put the episodes online though I highly doubt it

AND yes this doesn't go in effect until July but :scream::scream::brickwall:

:scream: HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET THROUGH THE LAST FEW WEEKS OF ENGLISH THIS SUMMER WITHOUT REPEATS?! :scream:

Also found this article CBS: Final Guesses for Shows Renewal Chances

Last edited: May 11, 2011