The future of the CSI franchise--Will all 3 series get another season?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Faylinn, Mar 2, 2011.

1. UKFAN

UKFAN Dead on Arrival

Re: The future of the CSI franchise--Will all 3 series get another sea

I don't think CBS will cancel all 3 shows at once as the franchise do make money, but I do think season 8 will be the last one for CSI New York and what season 7 showed that you really should not mess with a ensemble cast and CBS really should have tried harder to keep Melina.

Also what the producers should have done is give Sela Ward a guess starring role giving themselves a choice to pick another actress should the audience not reacted well to Sela and the ratings went down.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to bring back Stella for a couple of episodes in season 8 it may well bring up the ratings somewhat. Well one can dream!

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

There are quite a few people who think Sela's addition to the cast reinvigorated the show and love her portrayal of Jo. Quite a few people also think she fits in with the team perfectly and nothing has been messed up.

The ratings decline can be blamed more on moving to Friday night than it can on Melina leaving and Sela joining the cast.

3. UKFAN

UKFAN Dead on Arrival

I think the big question is why after six seasons CSI NY's rating has been affected and I do believe that the programme was moved to Fridays from Wednesday because of the ratings. I am not blaming Sela Ward, but just saying sometimes a change in character can have an affect on the programme and sorry to offend anyone, but not everyone has welcomed the addition of Sela's character.

However, this is all moot and I suspect that season 8 will probably be the last one anyway and lets hope they give it a good ending. I cannot see a good actor like Gary Sinise carrying on with CSINY forever and probably like to go back to theatre or film.

As for CSI (Vegas) - I don't watch it any more as I find the Ray character sooooo boring.

And CSI Miami - Well without David Caruso there is no CSIMiami and unless he leaves the programme will continue or until the ratings go down.