The future of the CSI franchise--Will all 3 series get another season?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Faylinn, Mar 2, 2011.

1. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Re: The future of the CSI franchise--Will all 3 series get another sea

Opinion - I think CSI and CSI Miami have unique enough identities to keep going for another season. Not sure about CSI NY, to be honest. I do quite like the addition of Sela Ward (am I in the minority - I don't follow the CSINY threads?). CSI itself - the 'serious' one - yes, still delivers the goods, and I really don't miss Grissom. Miami... mmm... difficult to be objective! I don't ever want to see CSIM without Horatio, and, objectively (!) I don't think it would work, but I guess it could carry on until David Caruso gets tired of doing it. Anyway CSIM is different - glossy, fun, bit less serious with itself?

One general point - there's a comment today that they've just wrapped this season of CSINY and it might be the last ever. I really feel CBS should be more proactive about this, because a 'last ever' episode needs to be really special, i.e. planned. No dangling loose ends. I don't want to see these big series end, but if/when they do, then let TPTB give them fitting endings, as they deserve.

2. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i hope none of the shows gets cancelled (even though i could care less about Miami i would still find it a shame if it was canceled). the CSI franchise is a TV staple i mean i know they are all older now but i would cry if they got canceled especially NY. i started watching CSI in its 2nd season i was 12 years old and now at 23 i still love it. CSI was the first show i got hooked to and the characters and actors are some of the first i ever admired. CSI got me into so many more shows and i credit it with getting me into the whole tv/movie medium. i do not watch CSI on a regular basis anymore but when i catch an ep i fall in love with the show all over again and remember how much i still adore and always will

CSI:NY is like my crack if i miss an ep i go out of my mind. i think this current season is one of its strongest in years. NY and NCIS are the only shows i watch when they air every week so i will be devestated if it gets canceled.

i know the franchise will come to an end eventually but they still have strong ratings and people are still talking about them. i'm committed and from what i can see on here and other places so are many other fans out there. i think once the man cast members from all three shows start to go then i think the shows should call it quits but for now all the cast members are still there.

i'll at least keep watching CSI and NY as long as they're on.

3. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

That can go both ways though, when they don't actually know beforehand. If they wrap up all the loose ends as if it's the end, and then get another season.. I remember Stargate SG-1 did that, for its last few seasons, and I think that just helped contribute to the feeling that the show was "dragging on." Ideally, they'd know well in advance, but apparently networks just don't decide things that fast. :rolleyes:

I don't watch Miami at all, but I'm hopeful that the other two get another season. NY finally got my interest this season (I really like Sela Ward's character), and the original has always been great.

4. astoldbyellana

astoldbyellana Victim

Yep there will be lots of seasons to go. :) I am so addicted to the show

5. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

recently (the last 3 or 4 episodes) CSI: Miami has gotten a lot better, the original has always been great, but I agree with the previous posters, NY should regain its own identity, maybe CBS needs to revert it back to its dark blue filters and distinct New York feel. It lost it at the request of Les Moonves, who, I think made the wrong decision.

6. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

The thing I don't like about CSI: NY is its bland characters. CSI Vegas and Miami both have very unique characters. Sometimes when I am watching CSI: NY I feel like Gary Sinise should slap the cast for being so boring. =/

7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I agree CSI original has unique characters but Miami? LOL! No. Isn't Ryan just a derivative of Warrick and Danny? Delko is also a superhero like Horatio and Natalia is another Calleigh in trouble. Dr Loman is a copycat of Sid Hammerback. And Walter, a lab tech that suddenly became a CSI with a gun!

At least in NY, the characters have depth. Mac has a 9/11 connection. Danny was a former gang member. Flack is from a family of cops and out of anger he killed someone. Stella was a foster child, killed her boyfriend out of self-defense and almost got AIDS.

8. Hardline Pro

I was just stating my opinion. Fighting over this isn't going to get any of the shows renewed. Don't be mad because CSI: NY is the lowest rated show out of all 3 CSI programs. :shifty:

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Let's not argue or make snide comments, guys. We can have this discussion without fighting. :)

10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I never thought they were bland. I do think they need a better case mix, a few less rich people victims considering the storylines lately. But I'm not a 3 CSI girl either, I loved the Speedle era Miami reruns but couldn't stick with the new eps for some reason.

Either way, I hope they all get a few more seasons.

11. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I'm not mad. CSI: NY might be the lowest rated but I'm pretty sure it's not the poorest in quality. It might be the lowest rated but still enough to be renewed for 7 seasons.

12. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

I hope all CSI's will get another season. They are a family which should let continue together. :)
    Even though I don't watch 'CSI' at all and Miami I watch if I remember or there's nothing better to watch.

So CSINY as my favourite no need to tell that I wanna CSI:NY to get season 8. ;) It's still my favourite TV show and the cast is great! I never miss an episode. ;) Only thing that they should improve is writing. I think there's too much potential left to waste especially if you think about the cast thats why writing should better. :)

Though my main reason why I started to like CSI:NY and I "still" like it as much as I do is Gary Sinise! :) I dunno would I continue watching it without him...Doubt it:(

I'll keep my fingers crossed for CSI:NY as well as CSI and Miami! :D

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  13. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

Some producers of miami have been talking about season 10 already and what they will do. A new recurring love interest for horatio for example. Yet cbs has said nothing. I know shows must plan ahead. They'd be fools not to. Does this mean producers already know there will be a new season of miami and for some reason cbs still won't announce it? Or is it wishful thinking on their part? Because I don't think the producers should be giving false hope to fans. No matter how optimistic they may be.

14. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I totally agree on that...The producers of Vegas and Miami have already talked about next season in terms of potential storylines....I bet they will return next season....NY is a mystery on the other hand...

15. Hardline Pro

I can almost guarantee that Miami will be back. Despite the constant delays, CSI: Miami is doing way better in the Sunday 10 PM timeslot than any show before it (Cold Case and Without a Trace). CBS would not cancel a show that is doing fantastic in a poor timeslot just to put something else there, which would most likely get lower ratings.