Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 4

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Can't argue with you there, wish they could have made the 250th the second ep with Sqweegel or just made Haskell the team's serial killer not just Ray's, Ray had the 200th and look what happened

2. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I HOPE we get quite a bit of Lis Harnois (which I just found out is pronounced "Harn-WAH" :wtf:) She looked awesome in all 0.2 seconds she was in the promo for, was she eating a yoghurt? :lol:

3. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Thanks for posting the clip Sharp!

Dizzney, I couldn't agree more!

I feel like telling Ray to repeat after me:
    "There is no I in Team" :p

Looks like maybe Nick was talking to Ray after all with the "I'm here to help you", (I wasn't sure last night) and I love the repressed anger in his voice. Ray's off the reservation, and gets his butt in a sling again. :rolleyes:

4. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

Even though Ray finally did listen to Catherine last night, he really displayed an attitude that would get him into trouble in most work situations. I knew it was going to be the 'Ray Show' when he stormed out of the barn, leaving Nick behind. I KNOW that in the next scene we saw him with Brass and Catherine, so it was assumed that they had called him back to the lab, BUT Ray was out in the field with his assistant supervisor and just left without a word, stranding Nick at the scene. Ray better hope its not time for employee evaluations any time soon.

5. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

Ray DID say something: "Sorry, Nick, I gotta go."

6. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

Okay my bad. I guess my frustration with the scene must have been that he didn't give Nick any reason for leaving. He could have quickly said that Catherine needed him back at the lab. His leaving was abrupt and, IMO, rude.

7. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I thought it was abrupt and verging on rude too. It's not like Ray couldn't have taken a minute to tell Nick what he was doing, and why. Nick is a supervisor after all, and deserved to know why Ray was running off from the scene. Thankfully the officer was there for a ride back, but that was sort of beside the point at that moment.

8. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

How about this: Maybe Nick surmised that Ray's phone call had something to do with Ray being called back to the lab and figured he catch up later. Which, as it turns out, he did. It's not like Ray was going out for pizza or something.

9. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah, I wondered too, but that other point is true as well. I think Ray should have given a quick explanation... Nick probably was smart enough to figure it out, that's true, but it would have been kind of a professionalism thing to me, the respectful thing to do since Nick was his superior.

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I think they do a lot of things like that tho for the sake of television. I mean, logically they probably would have had a few words about what was going on, but that clutters things up on screen. Like when they start a scene outside a house and one of them will tell the other why they are there. :lol: That's for the viewer's benefit really.

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

^^ Yep it all comes down to drama, drama. If he did tell Nick what was happening then where's the suspense to the audience as to what's going on? It's TV license.

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Ray was UPSET, and didn't think "I'll be cool right now". He is full of angst, and Nick was understanding and compassionate towards him, and it was out of line but regrets are few and far in between when you're angry and gotta' go:cardie: Nick never borught it up again, and the officer probably gave him a ride. I do see why they [Carol and Naren] choose this marvelous actor as this character. "his incredible range" He was stunning and electrifying and left us transfixed in this episode:bolian:

13. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Personally, I think the episode would have been a lot better if it would have had LESS Ray, I think it would have worked extremely well if it was an episode centered around Sofia, Brass & Nick.

There is too much Ray, yes LF gets the first credit, but he doesn't get paid the most, he hasn't been with the show the longest nor is he a fan favorite, its an ENSEMBLE show, and IMO if the writers can't write for an ENSEMBLE its George/Nick & Marg/Catherine have been there since day 1 and both deserve to be at the front of the show, season 6 worked well because it put Marg front & center, and we can see CSI is at its best when George is heading the episode ("Turn, Turn, Turn" and "Gum Drops" for example)

George & Marg have great acting talent and while so does Fishburne (I loved him in "The Matrix"), he doesn't work as an investigator, this show isn't right for him.

the cast all have great talent AND can play cops/investigators, and as part of an ensemble without coming across on screen as being obnoxious, hell even Riley was more convincing than Super-Ray (I am so pissed he stole Super-Dave's nickname!), again nothing against LF, but he needs to step back, I understand its the writing, but I can't help feel his ego has a lot to do with it becoming CSI: Langston too.

In fact, I'm not calling this CSI Season 11 anymore, its CSI: Langston Season 3 :lol::wtf:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Wouldn't it be a bit odd if Ray was just hanging around in the background when the episode was about HIM and Haskell. So it would be like a missing piece. :rolleyes:, Cath, Brass, Nick and Greg could have locked him in a dark room alone, and then hunted down Haskell alone. That would be absurd, seems to me. He put the whole puzzle together, and they were all equally involved in this and ALL want to capture him. And the only one who makes a higher salary then him is Marg and David Caruso [go figure] What I can't seem to swallow is that the man has been on since S/9. and fans still act like he's been on for 3-6 months or a year. OH, and Zuiker stated that wordwide 73.8 million watch CSI, weekly [it was posted on our news files here] Every fan who watches the show isn't on this fan-site. He is a fan-favorite, Everyone person I come in contact with LOVES him not like, LOVES him. I think he brought excitment, and was memorized, a remarakable performance and his range of acting [the character] was overwhelming and powerful:bolian:

15. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

They don't need to lock him in a dark room, they need to treat him like what he is, an out of control CSI with a vengeance, they need to either ask him to hand off the case or suspend him.

He's been on since Season 9?
    That's my point, the other characters have been there since Season 1, they deserve better. Marg earns a bigger salary because she is the only original "lead", I've seen a few scenes where she has had to carry Fishburne through a scene.

73.8 million people don't watch for Ray, I'll bet a good percentage of them watch for the odd glimpse they may get of one of the characters that they have grown to love since "CSI" was on air, before it was replaced with spin-off "CSI:Langston"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.