**Season Nine Spoiler Lab** - Take Two

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

8 days till the 2nd last episode can't wait

2. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Don't go, Jean. I do agree that this is not the best forum to discuss EC - it just seems that those who dislike it express it strongly every time something comes up(I mean the spoiler); that doesn't seem very welcoming and most hiphuggers are gone from here to CBS or other forums. I see that there is a lot of Ryan and Nat fans here which is fine. I know that there is a lot of fans of Calleigh who check spoilers but don't post here too and they miss her. I think the reason is that subtlety is the word that is not known to CSI Miami writers. They do too much of everything. They have exegerrated with the EC time in the last few seasons, they did the same with Jesse last season, I hear they are doing the same with Natalia this season(again, to her fans: it's fine, there's got to be a Nat season after all these years of neglecting her character, but it's the same like EC in the last few years for those who don't like her character). Fan base is still divided.
    And I think MJ wrote that Emily has had a baby not a root canal - agreed :) Us, fans, know it perfectly and understand that. That doesn't change a fact that we miss her and want her to be back in more than one scene. I think it's okey, we don't write letters to her demanding her to come back and take the lead again. It's just that the season doesn't seem interesting for some of us, but obviously to each his own.:) We have no influence on her decision whether to return or not - but she surely would be happy to know that she is missed.

3. cinar12oto

cinar12oto Victim

nice song i like it

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I've found that those that dislike it are responding to someting a E/C or Calleigh fan has said, either how the season is awful because of no E/C or lack of Emily or too much of someone else.All viewers don't agree that it's a horrible season and we are enjoying seeing more of the other characters, and yes we want that to continue.When we respond as such,we aren't welcoming.It's okay to miss whatever or whomever you miss,but everyone doesn't agree.There are fans of Calleigh's that can't believe people don't miss her,every fan feels that way about their favorite character,viewers don't like every single character or storyline and never will.

I'm looking forward to the season finale. It looks as if Frank will be featured more and that's a good thing!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  5. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

I agree with MJ. Emily did have a baby. Not a root canal. Big difference. And if people had/have a baby, then you would know how hard it is to work with a tv schedule. The baby is her priority. I'm sure she wishes she could just jump back into the swing of things like they were before she had her baby, but she can't and that's life. As far as screentime goes I think it was just cause she was pregnant. So they did what they had to do and that was bring Nat up. I would much rather them do that then risk Emilys or the babys life for that matter. I'm sure if Eva was pregnant they would do the same thing to her. I'm glad Nat got the front seat this year. After two years of neglect it was nice seeing her face in every episode! That was something I never thought I'd ever get to see!! ;) I have loved this season by far and I think it is cause of the TEAM moments and how equal screentime is this year. I also don't think it's fair when you stop watching a show just cause one person, one, doesn't get enough screentime. To me, and I guess maybe it's me, that's not fair to the show. I don't watch it cause of my favorite character, well in some terms maybe I do, but I have alot of character I love on that show. I watch it because of the science too. I have learned so much from that show, it's incredible! Some people I think said Natalia was taking over Calleighs lead role and I don't see it like that at all. They are both majored in different things. I personally think it was Emily was pregnant and they didn't wana risk her or the babys life. She was already at a high risk pregnancy anyway why risk it anymore? I don't know. I guess I'm just aggravated at how people are treating the characters this year. Who cares if one gets more screentime then the other. For some of us we've waited awhile but you don't see us complaining after every episode. I'm ready and not ready for this season to be over cause I have loved this season so much but I'm just sick and tired of seeing all the complaining and crap. It's annoying. I honestly don't think we should have a forum about screentime cause all it's gonna bring is more arguments and stuff. This is honestly why I havent posted on here for forever. It's just aggravating. As far as the finale goes, I'm pumped! I can't wait to see Frank or the two that are gonna be in danger! I have a feeling its gonna be a great episode! :)

6. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

In all fairness, during the height of E/C A LOT of people on this board were complaining after EVERY episode about the onslaught of Eric and Calleigh all the time. It was the reason for the 'dislike' thread. And I don't have a selective memory - I was right there complaining with them.

I understand totally why Calleigh, E/C fans are upset and I don't begrudge them their discontent. I just feel it's important that the facts related to those seasons and discussions during that time be remembered accurately and not altered just to support a current position on a character or storyline.

I understand what you're saying. I love what we've been given this season. Finally a team and not just two or three characters while the others are simply treated as props.

While the discussions this season have sometimes been contentious, I really don't find them anywhere near as volatile as discussions in the past 3 seasons.

And you're right, it is aggravating. That tends to happen when people feel strongly on a given topic. And CSI Miami DOES seem to have more than their fair share of topics that split fans and create anger and the ocassional extreme reaction.

I agree about the season finale. I'm so excited to see it. I'm with you ... I think it's going to be GREAT! :)

7. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

That's fine. You watch it for many characters, I watch it for one. I have a right to do so. And to be honest, I really don't feel like I have to 'fair' to the show that has lied to me, an EC fan. Where is that promised 'emotional journey' we've been promised at the beginning of this season?Eric and Cal don't interact at all, so there is no journey. Where is that promised resolution(promised for like 3rd season in a row)?. My main focus is EC, apart from that storyline I like this show like any other CSI, Law&Order and DH. It's just a show which I tune in or not, if I feel like. After 9.02, which has been the most dreadful episode for EC fans I don't really feel that I need to do anything for that show.

8. slower

slower Lab Technician

All I can say is you may have to look at it from the other side of the argument. Non - E/C fans have had to endure the onslaught of their moments when promised episodes for other characters: Examples WISC and Time Bomb. My point is that your favorite couple has had their time and I am sure it will come around again; it had to be this way to accomodate Emily. Its only for a short time. I just hope it doesn't turn back the other way; in neglecting Ryan (my fave), Natalia, and Frank. They deserve better. Please don't stop watching b/c of this little set-back; b/c if everyone had that mind-set, then Miami and E/C would be no more.:)

9. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

You couldn't have said it any better! That's what I meant by watching it for one person. I Mean if that was the case what would be the point of continuing the show? Eric and Calleigh more than likely aren't done. They still have alot to sort out. And I'm not a shipper of them, but I don't hate them. I used to but I've gotten over that. I jet wish they would give other characters a chance at a "stable" relationship. Even Eric and Calleigh if that's who they are gonna pair up. I love all the characters and they're all different in their own way and that is what keeps me hooked to the show not cause one person is missing. I was mad when Natalia, Frank, and Ryan were neglected last season but that was only cause the main focus was on three people the entire season. I love when Calleigh and Natalia work together! It's like girl power on the show. So I would like to see more of Calleigh too. But I understand why she hasn't been on the show. Everyone should understand. I'm sure when she gets the hang of things shell be back in full swing in no time. :) I'm in by no means of trying to start drama or arguments either! I hate them things!!! Lol :)

10. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I think the one thing we can all agree with is TPTB have no idea how to find balance and that is what causes alot of the division among the fans. They are willing to sacrifice one character for another, focusing on one or two and shoving everyone else in the back ground. Although the over all balance with the team is better this year, I think the E/C fans are unhappy ( me included ) because of all the time spent building this relationship up, they drop it without an explanation. I also think we can all agree that there was always WAY TO MUCH DRAMA around the E/C relationship. There will always be different opinions about the show and that's ok because as someone said it would be very boring if we all agreed all the time. I, too, am looking forward to the finale and I'm glad there will be a season 10.

11. yen35

yen35 Witness

In these spoilers you posted, it says something about a well loved tv star who wanted to leave their show but is now negotiating to stay on. (The 1st spoiler as you click the link on the left). Any idea what person or what show?

12. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Where is this? Can I get a direct link?

I tend to think that very few (if any) blind items are about CSI:Miami. I don't think the show is popular enough (it's certainly not new, and the numbers are down from seasons past) for gossip blogs to bother with.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, my guess is that it's Laurence Fishburne or Marg Helgenberger from CSI LV. There have been rumors that LF wanted to quit, but was negotiating to stay on. Marg had said this was her last season, but now its being said that she will be there some for next season. Or it could be the actress who plays Dr. Grey on Grey's Anatomy. I can't remember her name, but she said a while back that she wanted to quit the show soon. I don't watch that show, so I obviously don't follow the gossip/rumors/spoilers for it that closely, so I don't know an update on that.

14. yen35

yen35 Witness

Thanks. I knew that Marg was thinking about leaving but I didn't know that LF wanted to quit. It sounded that it was someone who has been on a show for a while though (the link was about 3 pages back). I do watch Grey's anatomy, one of my favorite shows, although I don't have time to go into spoilers, so I hope its not Ellen who plays Meredith Grey.

15. byline

byline CSI Level One

This shouldn't be a spoiler. It's a TV Guide article from a year ago, in which Ellen Pompeo was quoted as saying she probably would not renew after her contract is up in 2012. But she also didn't definitively state that she was leaving, either: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Pompeo-Leaving-Greys-1018218.aspx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.