**Season Nine Spoiler Lab** - Take Two

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slower

slower Lab Technician

I couldn't agree more MJ!! Seasons 6 - 8 was so painful to watch. I hope season 10 continues with the same team feel as 9!!!:):thumbsup:

2. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

i have to agree. What I like about this season is that so many of the things that divided the fans aren't really a factor anymore. Whenever a storyline runs aground, the episode isn't the only thing that becomes less enjoyable, its also the fan response. Coming onto the boards during those seasons was terrible and I'm glad its over for the most part. This season has shown a lot of us that there is still some life in this show and that they can still churn out a solid case; the forensics is supposed to be the focus of these shows after all.

3. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Completely, totally, absolutely agree! :thumbsup: Well said! ;)

4. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Look where the lack of spoilers took us:guffaw:We are back discussing EC (not directly, of course ;)):lol: what I would really like to know is if all the actors will be back in season 10. They'll make a cliffhanger with this, for sure :)

5. baybeehannah

baybeehannah Witness

6. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Very well said MJ; you took the words right out of my mouth:thumbsup:. A vast improvement over the last couple of seasons!! I hope tptb won't fix what isn't broken.

7. jean10brook

jean10brook Hit and Run

I guess all I can say is wow, I'm really surprised. You all talk about the team and how much better it is, yet Calleigh, who is the leading lady on the show has been absent (other that 1 minute per epi). So, I take it you are all saying that you like the team better when she is not a major part of it and want S10 to continue that way. I totally understand she had a child and that comes first in her life, as it should. By saying that I miss her does not mean I feel she should neglect her personal life for the show. I am not saying that at all! But, I do feel the show, for me, is not at all the same without her major presence on the show and her working with Eric at crime scenes and in the lab. They have made it to where they don't even really speak to each other or are in the same room together. This season, Ryan and everyone else on the show has been overshadowed by Natalia. I don't necessarily have a problem with her, but I don't want to see her in every photo, every scene, every interview, every promo. All the cast should be featured and we need balance, no one disputes that. I just don't see how you can say this is the best season when Calleigh has been so absent, justifiably so, due to her pregnancy. Yes, I agree some of the storylines this season have been quite good, but I guess my definition of Team is different from the rest of you and that's ok. We all have a right to our opinions. I just want our ENTIRE team, great balance, and personal backstories.

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I believe quite a few have said the balance was better with the exception of Calleigh's screentime.We want the the great team interaction for the entire team to continue into season 10.The balance time includes Calleigh,and not the lopsidedness we were seeing before.

So many viewers have been wanting this for several seasons.I'm glad to now see that there are others that now want this also,for All of the characters/team.

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I disagree. I'm a fan of Horatio & Ryan's as well as Natalia's - I haven't felt they've been missing or that she's "overshadowed" them at all. Walter & Eric are still getting a good amount of time, despite the 2 not having any major storyline. Frank is finally being stepped up as well, which is fantastic.
    As far as her presence in photos, promos - there's been a ton of promo photos with Horatio, Ryan, Walter, & Eric...not just Natalia. And what is so wrong with her being in every promo? They've ALL been seen in the promos! She is part of the main cast & this is an ENSEMBLE cast -- there is no reason why she shouldn't be seen in those photos or promos, or have a few centric episodes either. Let's not pretend that for 3 seasons in a row we had more focus on a certain few characters than on anyone else. That is tiring.

10. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I guess I just don't get where some are thinking Natalia has too much presence this season. Maybe it comes from the fact that she was barely seen in seasons past so seeing her have equal time now makes some believe she has more than others.

I think this season has been exceptional for giving us back the 'Team' (and Natalia is part of the team) and not just the same two or three people front and center every single episode.

Natalia hasn't been featured in every promo I've seen. That seems to be a bit of an exaggeration. It's been pretty evenly spread between the whole team, imo.

Personally, I haven't missed Calleigh and I've actually enjoyed her reduced time. I know the people who do like that character/actress haven't enjoyed her not being a featured character as in the past several seasons. While she's not my cup of tea, she IS a member of the team and should have equal time - not MORE time than others on the team as in the last couple of seasons - but equal time.

I have no doubt that Calleigh will again be a full-time team member once the new season starts and Procter has fully recovered from her pregnancy. I've been watching the upset over Calleigh not appearing more and I'm a little surprised by it considering the valid reason for her reduced time.

11. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Agreed! Ryan has def more screen time and loads more action than the past 2 seasons too and even Frank also had way more screen time than the past 2 seasons combined! Natalia wasn't even in the promo pics from 9.06 to 9.14 and EVERYONE has been in almost all of the promos. Walter also got a good amount of screen time and we have seen way better TEAM interactions amongst them, no more two-by-two partners as agreed by most people. Don't even get me started on the past 3 seasons.

12. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I haven't really missed Calleigh either. She had so much screentime the past couple of years that the reduced time has been a relief. I have also enjoyed Eric being toned back too. I am wondering if this reduced screentime hasn't also caused Emily to rethink her priorities and realize that the show can survive without her. I actually wouldn't be surprised if she didn't return in the fall. But I also understand her sense of duty to complete the series for her fans.

13. promobnk34

promobnk34 Victim

Thank you for sharing relation. We look forward to new work.

14. jean10brook

jean10brook Hit and Run

Well, I am done posting here. It's obvious that this is a dominate Natalia and Ryan thread, which is perfectly fine. However, just so you know, it certainaly does not make me feel comforatable coming here and posting anymore, to always be told I'm over exagerating or wrong and I don't appreicate the insinuations. To be honest, Calleigh is a very important part of this show and I truly just can't believe anyone prefers seeing less of her. That is really heartbreaking to me. I have appreciated some of the conversations here with some of you and appreciate the posts, but feel my time will be better served where people appreciate my comments and don't call me a liar.

15. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

You mentioned Ryan and Natalia in your initial post; it's only natural to receive a response from those who are fans of both characters, or who would like to discuss your post and the ones before it mentioning said characters as well. It's usually a sign that it's attracting a worthwhile discussion, which is a good thing.

While I did see different perspectives and some people disagreeing with yours while offering theirs, I didn't see anything inherently hostile, snide, or intentionally hurtful about the above posts, as an objective observer. It takes all kinds to make up a community on a message board and if everyone agreed all the time, the place would get pretty boring very fast. My advice is, if (general) you post something, expect all kinds to respond in different ways. If you'd rather not be pulled into that kind of discussion, then perhaps (like you said) this environment isn't ideal for you. I'd hope that you stick around, however and maybe you'll find you want to contribute to other topics. :) Feel free to PM me if you have further concerns.

That being said, this particular topic (the screen time this season) might be better fit for its own separate thread if anyone wants to start one. :D I'm sure there's a lot more to be said.

After the finale, this thread may be shut until we start getting new spoilers again closer to the fall season, in order to keep this place from becoming the catch basin of miscellaneous discussion.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.