Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 4

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, Phil (Gloria's hubby) is listed for the first ep, but not the second, so I have to wonder if Haskell kills him.

Also, Conrad's daughter has a different last name. I wonder if that means she's married, has been married, or took the mother's last name.

2. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

The rock papers siccors and ice melting parts sounds much more exciting than Raskell :lol:

So the house is where it began

And Sofia will not be in the season finale

I am kinda looking forward to seeing Ecklie daughter Morgan Brody and I'll bet she's divorced

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

:guffaw: I think I would prefer the rock-paper-scissors game and watching ice melt more too. At least the ice would make me feel cool in this heat. :lol:

Gosh, I really do hope Laurence Fishburne decides to not come back or at least have less time next season. The end of this season is just being ruined with it all being about Raskell.

4. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Let me get this straight....

There are only three episodes left and the last two deal with Haskell and Ray. And *gasp* Nate Haskell kidnaps Ray's ex-wife? Ummm WHAT??? :confused:

So the next new episode is with Sofia and Brass and the square off between them? That looks the most interesting to me of the next few seasons.

5. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

No the last THREE episodes deal with Haskell and Ray

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

So no more Vartann in what's left of the season? :(

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I think our CSIs would spend a lot more time being investigated too if they went more real LOL...or maybe moreso the other two shows (although my knowledge of Miami is limited) but there'd be more of it in general. NY for sure.

Where does it say Ecklie-kid's last name? I can't pick her out 'cause I forgot her first name.

8. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

And there went my last remaining shred of interest in this season (not even rock-paper-scissors could rescue this)

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Just curious that many times our older CSI's [not age wise] but the cast from the beginning, have shot and killed perpertrators, and there was NO inquiry.:confused:I remember when Catherine shot an killed a guy who was threatening Grissom down in the laundry room, and she came to his rescue and shot and killed the guy and that was it. NO inquiry no nothing. And when Nick shot Jason's brother in self defense and then shot killed the little evil doer, once again no inquiry, [not that he shouldn't have], so why should Ray be up for an inquiry if he kills a serial killer, who is threatning or intimidating or in self defense? That doesn't add up or make much sense, what's good for one on the investigation issue, should be for all~

10. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I believe they were investigated, but there's a difference between shooting a man about to hit your partner in the head with an axe and going after somebody who not only you have a personal vendetta with, but he also stabbed you, kidnapped your wife among other things, so although both would have been investigated, Langston would have have needed a more... thorough investigation. Plus Catherine had Grissom and FBI Agents with her/shortly behind her at the time, whereas knowing Langston he'll probably be on his own.

On a side note, Skip O'Brien, who played Detective Sergeant Ray O'Riley died on the 6th April, my thoughts are with his family.

11. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Personally speaking, I think it's because Ray's particular storyline is that much more developed then any of the others, so if he shoots and kills Haskell, then an inquiry is naturally the next step. I can't see tptb develop this storyline for the past couple of seasons, to just abruptly end at the killing with not another word spoken. All hunky-dory as if nothing happened.

What you mentioned above, with Cath, Nick, lasted only one, two episodes at best. There was probably still an inquiry etc, just we didn't see it. And remember, we seen Greg go through a trial for hitting someone.

just sayin' :)

12. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I'm gonna agree with DJ. Just because we didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Timeline wise, when Cath shot Sid Goggle, it was a season finale and the following season didn't pick up until months later presumably. It's likely that whatever inquiry Cath went through happened during that hiatus.

I'm not sure about Nick and the "Bieber" brothers. Those were police standoffs and I don't know the protocol when that occurs. Probably the same so Nick and all those involved probably did have an inquiry. More than likely, Ray had one too after he shot the guy in the s9 finale.

Again, just because we don't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I agree. It's one of those 'we can't see every second onscreen' things, although a mention of it later would be nice. But that'd be continuity and we'd all die from the shock LOL

My official opinion is like many of yours now...give Ray storylines, sure, but enough of The Ray Langston Show already. I just want the focus on other folks sometimes too.

14. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

That was Haskell's M.O.--Kidnap a couple, kill the man and stab him the appropriate number of times according to whatever # murder it is (I think it's up to 11 or 12?) then torture and kill the woman within 3 days.

15. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

And I'm going to agree with Praetor here and the comment about the police standoff. Nick was not alone, and his were not the only bullets fired. I'm sure all of those involved at least had to go before the shooting review board, although both "Bieber" brothers (good one :lol:) shooting were more than justified. They both drew their handguns as well, and then were subsequently killed.

I do remember Ray meeting up with Nick in the lab and having his letter from the shooting review board delivered. Nick congratulated Ray on being cleared after the S9 finale. I think it was in either Family Affair or Ghost Town, or at least shortly after.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.