"Unleashed" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Apr 3, 2011.

1. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Heather ran a fetish club okay DW, GO AND WATCH THE EPISODES FOR YOURSELF AND NOT RELY ON SOME RANDOM SITE!!!

Moving on, okay episode while I was hoping for better, it was kinda what I was expecting which isn't totally a good thing :shifty:

:scream: Not a single mention of Catherine or Greg OH C'MON ANTHONY!!!!! :scream: Say they're working on another case, in court for like Ellen's case, or something :scream:

Great to see Heather again but I feel cheated, 3 or 4 scenes only and they were all with Ray, God forbid they were Ray less

I was hoping Sara and Heather would have one more scene

"It's so good to see you again Sara, how's Gil? How are the Moche?"
    "Both still in Peru" :lol: Grissom has been smart to stay out of the country this season

Hodges to Sara about Heather "I trust you dominated" :lol: Oh I'd love to be a fly on the wall next time Sara chats with Gil :lol:

So Ecklie has more than one child

Oh good grief Ray doesn't need to use the dark side of the force to catch Haskell, use your brain there Ray!!! :scream: How many more times can this guy run circles around you?

I liked Nick's case, Doc had some good screentime, Archie too :) wish we could have seen Brass a bit more, did we see Super Dave?

I couldn't stop smiling and almost laughed when the cops arrested those cheerleader :censored:, I'll probably watch that scene again and again :devil::lol:

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Well this site I posted said she did in fact run a brothel, and I meant with Ray he wouldn't succumb to her wiles, I haven't seen it as of yet, so I will see it soon and post my views. ;)

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Super Dave wasn't in it, but at the scene Doc said he would call David. :)

I loved that Nick and Doc had breakfast together. Nick had three steaks and six eggs because they were only $1.99. :lol: It was a great episode for RDH, I think. :)

4. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Oh yeah cause everything we read and hear in this world is true :rolleyes:

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

That scene with Nick had me thinking, "Now would be a good time to bring in some farting noises!":guffaw:

Nick: Sorry Doc

Doc: I can't breathe..help I can't breathe..

sorry couldn't resist

6. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I think Doc's delivering of the baby will go down in my book as one of the greatest moments of CSI.

I thought Heather and Sara's interaction was very well written/acted. I didn't want to see a catfight(no pun intended) but I didn't want them to be buddy buddy either.

I think Heather has great insight into how human's act and what makes them tick. She has to be for the line of work she was and is in. It's not like people are so straightforward with their fetishes and whatnot. They need coaching to reveal these things. So I can totally see Ray talking with her about his obsession with Haskell. Actually it's a mutual obsession.

I think Ray is going to have to get in touch with his dark side to finally put an end to Haskell's reign only for the simple reason that he'll need to "think" like Nate. That in my opinion will be how he'll get him...

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  7. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

For those of you who haven't met me.... I'm 25, 5'8, and 120 pounds. :guffaw:

8. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

I really liked it....a little dramaful, definitely not typical CSI. I liked the ending...wish cops would arrest teenagers all the time :p the world would be a better place lol

9. Otie

Otie Hit and Run

Overall, I'd have to say I enjoyed the cyber-bullying story more than the human pets one. That one really should have been pushed more forward, it certainly goes back to what the older episodes of CSI had.

On the whole LH topic, since it seems to be quite a center point of discussion, I'm probably somewhere in the middle. I've never felt strongly one way or the other about her, or her business.

In terms of the validity of her former business, there are many places and events like it, and while yes sex may occur as the end result of some sessions in some places... more often than not sex has very little to do with it. I've attended a few events because a friend was the DJ, one included a suspension act, another a fire act. The one thing I took away from the events was how much preparation and care was taken to ensure that there would be NO injury or harm to the person on the receiving end. Safety was above EVERYTHING else. It's not where my interests lie, but I would never even consider that someone having an interest in such a lifestyle has any reflection on their intelligence or inner strength. I have made friends through the few events I attended, and they are among my most intelligent and emotionally stable and strong friends. On a side note, one such friend informed me years ago about mistakes in the terminology brought up in Fur and Loathing...

With the discussion of sex therapy, well, the fact of the matter is chances are pretty high that you wouldn't know if anyone you knew was seeing a therapist in that context. Many sex therapists are therapists on their own, who happen to specialize in sex therapy. Because sex is still such a taboo topic, most wouldn't heavily advertise their specialty in and around their office. Think of it this way, how many men would openly go to a doctor's office that had a banner stating that they specialize in treating ED? A great number of men won't even discuss it with their regular physician because of the stigma. Quite often it's the same situation with seeing a sex therapist. That's why they'll often work heavily in other areas of psychology/therapy. My psychiatrist specializes in Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, but he's also a registered sex therapist. I won't even begin to get into all the various reasons one might need to see a sex therapist, suffice it to say there's as many reasons for that as there are to see a therapist period.

Finally, as far as the whole Grissom and LH friendship, LH v. Sara issues go... Lordy... Is it THAT abnormal for someone to have a friend of the opposite sex that may not get along with their spouse for reasons other than jealousy? Can't Sara and Heather just not mesh personality wise, and that's why there's tension between them? Does it matter if Grissom and Heather continue to be friends (my 'theory' is and always has been that they were 'intimate' by Grissom's standards... he let her know who he was behind his barriers... something that sex does not necessarily require or encourage)? I mean... I've got a male friend I've known for 13 years... he's always been like an older brother to me and I trust him implicitly. However he and my husband can NOT get along, it's been obvious since the first time they met that there is an incredible amount of tension between them... and it's not based on jealousy... it's just that they are two very different people who interact with and see the world in very different ways... without me, the two of them would never HAVE a reason to interact. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the same situation with Grissom, Sara and Heather.

Oh, and genetics can play a role in a need for therapy... certain things run in the family. So it really doesn't surprise me that Heather would have at least a basic knowledge of a variety of genetic conditions that could have a higher frequency in her patients because of the nature of the type of therapy she does (my psychiatrist has discussed a variety of genetic mental disorders with me, though the specific genes involved aren't known for mine). Wouldn't you expect a physical therapist to have a base knowledge of certain genetic conditions that afflict a higher frequency of their clients?

In any case... I'd have preferred to see an entire episode based around cyber-bullying, it's a really serious issue, and they could have taken a lot out of multiple cases that have occurred in the last number of years that were beyond disturbing and devastating. Get more awareness out there.

10. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

The episode was decent. Better then I had anticipated. I also have to agree that RDH did wonderful with what we had seen. Always nice to see more then a scene or two with him in it and especially outside of the morgue. Marc Vann also did a great job. I guess he's beginning to grow on me..:lol:

It was nice to see Doc deliver the baby, of course with Nick's help, but I agree that it seemed all a little rushed...though good. But I am still wondering about this random guy coming out, flagging them down because he'd seen a dead body. (through the window?) Odd! And as quick as he'd appeared, disappeared again. I understand that Nick was to check it out, but he didn't even stop to question this guy or nothing. In that unknown moment, for all we'd known, he could have been a prime suspect. But, it was a way inside the home.

Not saying that I particularly enjoyed the Ray, Sara, LH interactions, but it wasn't bad. I personally enjoyed the cyber bullying case more so.

Of course leave it to Hodges to have a little say to Sara about it. But I did have to laugh though when she got him back with the stun gun...shock gun....or whatever you call it. Just a little zap! :lol:

I knew a girl in high school that went through a pregnancy without her parents knowing....that was, until she went into labor. But unlike the mother of the daughter in the episode...this girls parents stuck by and really helped her.

Apart from the delivering of the baby, I personally think the end where Nick introduced baby Maria to her father (can't remember his name) was the nicest. Though I do agree that seeing the girls getting arrested for what they did was fun to watch.

Good point Otie! It is a serious issue and the more focus it gets the more understanding and action can take place. Actually, there is a teenage girl across the street from me who had to transfer schools this year for this very reason. So sad too, cause she seems like a really nice kid.

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That bothered me when the writers basically had Heather say that Ray has to go dark side to catch Haskell. That is beyond ridiculous. I'm sorry to say, but I personally feel that Heather was wasted in this episode. They way they used her to pimp the Haskell storyline (and Ray's implied upcoming descent into the dark side of the force) was egregious and unnecessary.

Whenever I watch this episode a second time, I'm only watching Nick and Doc's case. I could careless about the fetish case. I've never been crazy about the fetish cases.

Nick's expression when Doc put the baby in his arms was awesome. I hope someone makes caps of that scene. I loved how Nick was gung-ho about finding out who started the harassment of the baby's mother and arresting them. Loved the scene of them arresting those girls. If cops really did that, maybe some of this bullying nonsense would end. Of course I think it should be mandatory to take an anger management class in school, especially high school (and by mandatory I mean you have to take and pass it to graduate). I loved the end scene with Nick and the baby's father. The expression on the father's face when he first held his daughter was just beautiful. Heartwarming case, but sad about the mother.

By the way, the woman who played the dead girl's mother looks familiar. Anyone know who she is? I was thinking it was the older sister on one of those older sitcoms from the 70s/80's, but I'm not sure.

Oh and I loved Ecklie saying he'd back Nick's play if Nick got evidence against the bullies.

12. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

First of all, I like the part with Doc delivering the baby. I might have missed something, though. Since this dead woman seemed to be a surprise thing (since the guy waved them down in the street), do we know where Doc & Nick were originally coming from or going to? It's a bit strange to have the two riding in the same vehicle. Doc's usually with the coroner's van.

I wish there would have been more Sara/LH stuff, and I'd have liked to see Sara a bit more cordial & relaxed with Heather. The writers are almost making it seem that Sara isn't comfortable enough with her marriage. Gil & Heather obviously keep in touch since Heather asked about the Moche.

The Sara/Hodges scene - cute.

I'm dreading that the next time we see Dr K, she'll be brought in as an accessory to murder. After all, she did encourage Ray to "unleash" his inner beast.

Here we have Ray coming to her -big, strong, stoic, proud, intelligent, handsome, quiet, wonderful man that he is - handing her all of his vulnerability on a platter (or in a box full of Haskell, as the case may be) and she, in turn, reminds him that he, as the submissive in the war with Haskell, has all the power. He just needs to let the inner beast out, then accept the consequences.

So, not only was Lady Heather a tool for GSR. Now, Dr K is a tool for Raskell. How charming! [/sarcasm]

13. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

I got the impression Nick was just giving him a ride in to work. They had late afternoon food together and were going into work. At least that's how I saw it.

Also, LOL @ Raskell

Seriously, can this stupid case die already?!

14. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I forgot to mention Tony Curran as Dr Neth. I remember him as Skinner, the invisible man from League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Dr Neth's demeanor reminded me of the first time we saw Lady H - quiet, controlled, yet very aware.

15. ricker23

ricker23 Victim

She was on The West Wing as Mallory and was also on Kate and Allie. She was in CSI's Got Murder.