"The List" Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Mar 5, 2011.

1. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Just watched the clip. It looked like Fishburne was trying to do an impression of Samuel L. Jackson. :lol:

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

:cool:LOL. I'd rather think he's hanging with Mac...I like his shades better

3. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

4. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that :lol:

Well, he's not really the most popular character in the world. And even if I did like him I'd admit he was acting a little odd in that clip.

I'm really only watching this episode to see Ecklie again, but the promo did seem pretty interesting, I might enjoy it more than I think I will. :)

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

AH, but he is popular. I did post this a month or so back, on his thread but will post it here as well I wrote CBS, and told them my views on Laurence Fishburne how great this character Ray Langston was and their reply was~

We get thousands of letters weekly praising LF, and his incredible popularity on CSI. We are glad to have him on the show & glad your glad. Thank's for touching base with us [name withheld for privacy purposes]~ [thousands not hundreds] the show is worldwide, and I'm sure this is from everywhere, not just here~So TPTB love him, the cast loves him, and the fans love him:thumbsup: He's in the 3rd season on the show~

And on comparing him to Samuel L. Jackson, that's fine he's also a good actor, and the "Morpheus" comment he made that movie "The Matrix" like 21 years ago, and has made so many films since. And on taking him down a few notches I think the reverse is possible. What's great about Ray is he's got the support of all the team with Cath at the helm;)

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

No Jorja in tonight's episode.

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Odd, that's a great way to describe it. The acting was off. It happens! :)

First that sounds like a 'canned' response. What are they going to say that they get thousands of letters saying people don't like him? Which they probably do.

Besides that doesn't make him popular. Millions watch the show, not thousands.

I like Langston, I just don't like how tptb have handled is character and I think that's what bothers most people.

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I realize that MILLIONS fans watch CSI actually from the creator Anthony Zuiker he posted here on our "news" files that 73.8 million watch, worldwide. But I'm thrilled and honored that CBS even bothered to reply, and it sounds "canned" whatever, that's your opinion. I feel that's pretty darn cool, and all my family and friends are excited as well. A "congratualtions" would be polite. I think TPTB have handled the character just right. I've got no qualms at all about the way the shows direction has been going, and the way they've handled Langston, no complaints at all, very happy indeed:bolian:And again he's in his 3rd season, it he wasn't cutting it well they would have showed him the door~

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, not a bad episode, but I knew Anne-Marie was still alive the minute Vartann told Cath they didn't find a body.

I did like that when Nick told Cath that Lou was on the list, Cath just said it was ancient history.

Doc (to Ray): Go ahead, start without me. Mrs. Robbins always does. (silence) I was talking about dinner. :lol:

Brass (about Martin's gun): Well, now its in state. Maybe it got homesick. LOL!

Greg is in a hurry and knocks over the cart. "Sorry". He runs into Cath's office. Cath says, "Are you running from another stripper?" Greg replied, "Burlesque dancer, and that's not funny." Cath apologizes. Hehe, she's like the big sis teasing the little brother. Very cute scene. :)

10. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Pretty good ep overall, not my most favorite ep but it was memorable

Ray got on my nerves at the beginning when he was yelling and in the interrogation room getting up close with the prisoner

:) Greg got good screentime *angels begin to sing* :) even a mention from AKBF, I think he did all the lab work too but at least it gives him screentime

Brass got screentime too and even a few good quotes

Mention of Warrick, we miss you :( and even McKeen :angryrazz: I had secretly hoped he had something to do with it, I wonder if his trial is coming up

Catherine again good screentime really everyone did, Hodges wasn't in this I don't think, that's the second one I think, is Wally doing a movie or something?

Always love to see Vartllows, mention about the leg

I'll add more tomorrow

11. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I was hoping for a final Vartillows scene, even though they aren't my favorite Cath ship. Waaah.

I just hate that it's basketball time now. Booo.

Greg was funny with the running scene.

12. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Yeah, that's when I figured it out too. She was one cold-hearted lady.

EDTA in the blood reminded me of Redrum.

Glad the fuss about the detectives being involved was more about them recusing themselves, than just the fact they all had a 'relationship' with her. Brass talking about telling his superior, made me think of the corruption he'd talked about before.

Mad at CTV for messing with their schedule so I can't watch at 4pm anymore. :(

13. cavanaughdevil

cavanaughdevil Victim

Yeah I miss catching it early (at 5 for me) too. Stupid CTV.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2011
  14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

This was a half way decent episode. I actually liked how it ended with no CSI's in the scene, just Brass and Vartann taking her down.

I missed hearing that her body was not found so I really did not think about her being alive until Greg mentioned it to Cath.

Some of the episode went a little slow and other parts were more interesting. I liked the scene between Cath and Vartann in the restaurant. Kind of intense.

I think Wally is doing a side project, so maybe why he was not on. DJ would know more about that. ;)

I liked the little reference to AKBF and Greg still somehow defending her by correcting Catherine that she was a burlesque dancer and not a stripper. :lol: Nice little bit of consistency.

I liked seeing a lot of the detectives in this show. One reason I have always preferred the original CSI over the others is that they don't double as cops, where the other shows they really seem to do that. Although at times it does feel like they are the cops here, still they always have Brass or Vartann or one of the others to do the main arrests.

15. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I liked the episode.

I kind of thought that maybe Anne-Marie was alive too when Greg was telling them about clotted blood and all that.

When Vartann and Catherine were at the diner and she was asking him about the original case and why didn't he recuse himself and he brought up Warrick and why didn't they do the same with that case. Vartann brought up how Nick almost put a bullet in McKeen and Vartann said, "But that's Nick". That kind of irked me a little as a fan of Nick.

I couldn't quite figure out why Ray was so angry through most of the episode it seemed. Although, I did like when Ray and Nick were tossing the contents of the gangbanger's cells back at the gangbangers. And I loved after Nick finds "The List" and see Brass's name, Brass is right there...talk about awkward.