The future of the CSI franchise--Will all 3 series get another season?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Faylinn, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

We have this thread here in GenCSI where you can offer your opinion about which CSI series you would cancel if you were in charge. Since some members want to discuss the likelihood of cancellation rather than just personal opinion about the matter, I thought we could just go ahead and open a thread for that purpose.

So, do you think one or more of the CSI series will be cancelled after this season? You can post links to sites with renewal/cancellation predictions or just offer your own opinion of the facts. Do overall viewers matter? Is the 18-49 demo more important? Does it depend on the success of new series on the network? Etc.

We won't know for sure until CBS makes some sort of official announcement, so this is all speculation. Also, please don't argue with other posters. We can discuss our differing opinions without arguments breaking out. :)

(I hope I don't regret starting this thread. :lol:)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  2. ComicCollect_NL

ComicCollect_NL Witness

Re: The future of the CSI franchise--Will all 3 series get another sea

To me they all are welcome.... I'll keep watching them as long as they're created.

3. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I predict all 3 will have one more season, then they will be gone. I don't see CBS canceling only one at a time. I strongly think that whenever it is, all 3 CSI shows will go out together........

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

With a massive crossover maybe? It'd be interesting...

5. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I don't think any of them will get the boot but who knows, and they've got a couple of new shows on the way for the fall season so where are they gonna go? I could maybe see them changing time slots

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I'd be extremely surprised if they were all cancelled in the same season. (And, PLEASE, no more crossovers! :lol: ) But, I can see them all returning for at least one more season. The franchise still offers CBS lots of stability in their schedule. And, their new dramas haven't been very successful.

I do agree with sharp; I can see there being a time slot change next season, probably for LV. Both Miami and NY are holding their own on their new nights that have lower expectations. But, Thursday nights are prime advertising real estate. Not sure what they would replace it with, though, that would do much better. I guess it depends on their new show development. (Isn't CBS doing the new Sarah Michele Gellar pilot? That could be a potential Thursday nite show. 'Buffy' certainly has a following. :))

7. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

As much as I would like to see all three continue, NY will end this year, Miami next year, and CSI will keep on going until it falls out of the top 25 shows.

8. ComicCollect_NL

ComicCollect_NL Witness

More crossovers between other crime shows.... That's something I'd like to see.

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I agree with your theory, Marg said in a radio interview, that she could see CSI going on for years and years. Time will tell on this one, I would hate to see any of them go, but if one or more aren't cutting it in the ratings, then buh-bye~

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Well on this week ending March 6, the only CSI that was in the top 25 was MIAMI came in at #17, with 10,645 viewers. Vegas and NY didn't even make the cut, So any show that brings in this many viewers is certainly not going to get cancelled. It's a continual roller coaster ride with these 3 shows. If this is any forseeing the future then so far so good on any getting cancelled:thumbsup:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  11. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I hope Miami ends, NY is getting more boring so that should go too, I think Vegas can last a few more seasons or until Helgenberger, Eads, Guilfoyle, Fox & Szmanda leave... Which ever comes first

12. Hardline Pro

Isn't Marg leaving this season?

13. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

There was an article that said she might be back next season too for a few episodes. I meant until the last one leaves :)

14. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Uhm, LV and NY were in repeats that week.

Being boring isn't enough reason for a show to end. Plus, many of us still enjoy NY.

15. Hardline Pro

Being boring isn't enough reason for a show to end. Plus, many of us still enjoy NY.[/QUOTE]

But if it is boring/gets boring then people will stop watching it. Like someone said before, LV and Miami are both very unique shows, you don't really get much of that from NY. And right now NY is the least watched of all 3 CSI shows.

It is sad, I don't want to see any of the CSI shows to go.