**Season Nine Spoiler Lab** - Take Two

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I agree with everything you just said. Don't care about Suzie and Medison, didn't watch Miami then&couldn't care less.
    I want someone to be happy in their private life there. Preferably Eric and Calleigh, but with no drama involved.
    I can't help but feel that 'H's beating up the suspects' ;) may lead to this year's cliffhanger, because since season 5 there is always one. Something like - 'did Horatio go too far&will he be arrested or released(if cought earlier).

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Ditto mjszud.I'm glad there is finally some focus on others and Eva has been great.She looks as if she has some exciting scenes coming up.
    As far as Susie,Madison etc, they have been missing so long I don't need anything but a mere mention of them if anything at all.There needs to be more focus on the characters that the show has now,some of them have been shorted in the background department.I would rather have a little more background info on Ryan(as well as a nice story for him) than to bring up long missing characters.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  3. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Hey everyone! Good to see the spoiler boards rockin' again ;) So much to reply to, so little time...

Delynn:
    I know some liked the NCIS show and some didn't (I understand about the flashbacks being seen as a bit "lazy" by the writers), but I have to agree w/Delynn here. The entire team dynamic on NCIS is great b/c each cast member shines on their own and isn't pushed to the side for another's storyline - they're all part of each other's lives and it's refreshing compared to Miami's staggered relationships. Maybe it is b/c Miami has so many different writers - but that's no excuse for a lack of continuity. If the fans can remember Maddison and Suzie, Eric's dad, Speed, Jesse, Yelina, etc., why can't SOMEONE on the show?? Oh, and speaking of Dads...what about Calleigh's Dad??? I always liked Duke and wanted him to come back - we haven't seen him since Season 3!

As for an episode on a deceased CSI, it would be appropriate to do a Jesse ep, as it would feature pretty much everyone - I'm a sucker for "sentimental/team bonding" eps.

However, I do feel like Speed was an amazing character, and Miami has never been the same since his death. I liked the ep. they did on Speed, although I didn't feel it had the same "team spirit" (and I think Ryan's role was completely CUT :wtf:- I remember seeing a promo where he asks Cal "He is dead, right? RIGHT??" but it wasn't in the ep. :shifty:)

Perhaps I'm so focused on Speed b/c I never felt like we as fans got closure on his character, even after "Bang Bang, Your Debt." It just seems like we never understood WHY Speed stopped cleaning his gun again, and while I have my suspicions, I think the audience deserves better than, "Oh, he just forgot again." I just really love Speed and always wanted a sibling to immerge somehow (as a policeman, CSI or criminal, whatever) and question Horatio on their brother's death - I thought it would be compelling, and maybe bring the cast that has drifted away together a bit more. ::sigh:: I could also see Ryan (since he was Speed's replacement) being heavily involved, maybe w/the sibling, and Nat doesn't have to be left out - after Jesse's death I'm sure she'd understand, especially if they ALL met Speed's relative and had interactions w/him. Anyhow, that's what they did on NCIS instead, so I guess it wasn't a totally outlandish idea. :lol:

Speaking as a fan of the show since day one, I think it would be nice if TPTB "rewarded" us every once in awhile for first buying into the show and its characters and then sticking w/it this long, and despite some bad writing/storylines. Just a mention of an old case or character would be refreshing - like when they brought back The Cruz brothers (so mad they killed off Clavo, he was a great foil for H and such a "good" bad guy!).

Anyway, I'm a purist who believes you CAN'T ignore a show's history, and I just feel those who jump in mid-way should catch up on what has gone on before, see the interactions of the characters, and see for themselves if they "buy" how each character has evolved.

Vegaslights
    Thanks for throwing me a bone, Vegaslights :lol: I know most people couldn't give two hoots that the two leads of this show almost never interact, so thanks for giving an avid fan a heads up ;)
    (On a sidenote, looking at the pics from "About Face" was cool, but watching H help Nat in like almost all of them, I keep thinking back to all the times Cal was in danger and wondering where the heck H was then? ::wtf:: That's the kind of inconsistency w/the team that burns me up.)

Regarding Nat's future kidnapping - I know Eva LaRue will do a good job w/it and like someone else said, I hope she saves herself instead of "Horatio to the rescue."

I am excited about a Calleigh/Nat chase scene - I really like them together, and am all about the "girlpower" ;) I hope Emily is doing better and enjoying motherhood - she seems to have a lot coming up and I hope she's up for it!

Personally, I would like to get an update on Kyle, maybe a mention of Yelina, and a series finale that draws the whole team together, even if it focuses on Horatio. This police brutality thing HAS to be addressed. I am kind of disappointed not to see any kind of "personal" episodes coming up as we near the end of the season. I'm hoping this won't be the last season, but what if it is?? I'd hate for it to end w/so many open questions. :confused:

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That happens too much and was a big reason I hated season 8's premiere. To me it planted the idea of team division instead of a united team. I can see how bringing back older characters would highlight even more some characters over others,more team division.

I loved Speed too. The problem would be(IMO) the writers. While you could see Ryan,and perhaps the entire team of today(as it should be ) involved,I have no doubt that the writers wouldn't do the story that way.They excel at pushing characters to the side for long periods of time for the sake of a story.
    I agree that there wasn't adequate closure with Speed,but if there isn't a little more focus on some of the characters of today,the show will end with even more characters that we don't know much of the background or why they do or don't do certain things.There is just so much missing for certain characters and not knowing how many more seasons are left, should be some fleshing out of the present day characters.

A mention is fine,especially if it brings closure but an entire story arc is not needed.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  5. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

I hear ya, greatfan. [Love your avitar, BTW - Ryan looks good in pink, I think, esp. the pink suit and tie :) :drool: ) I felt like we knew very little about Speed, too, but I've always been upset w/how little we know Ryan. In Season 3 I felt we were really getting to know him, but suddenly everything shifted and it was Eric Delko show through Season 8. The only thing we know is Ryan has an uncle - we don't know about his upbringing, any siblings or rest of his family/background. Meanwhile, we could write a book on Eric Delko's sordid family history. :rolleyes: And it's not like Delko was on THAT much longer than Ryan - only by two years, and I've seen many fans around here state they didn't start watching til season 3-4.

To me, Ryan is equal to Cal and Eric in character importance. He's very compelling, and Jon Togo does a great job w/him. The kinds of storylines he's been given have tried to paint him in a "bad" light at times, I think, but Jon Togo always is able to redeem Ryan, even when Eric and Cal are kicking him when he's down :shifty: (This definitely doesn't win any points for Eric or Cal in my book - and I used to really love Calleigh. It makes no sense that Cal, who trained Ryan and took him under her wing, would turn so cold towards Ryan (but apparently after mid-Season 5 she couldn't show warmth to any male member on the team except Delko :rolleyes: - yet another reason I really dislike the E/C storyline, it pretty much killed Cal and Ryan's friendship, and it's hard to argue that it didn't when you watch the show's progression - It's no secret Eric has NOT (until maybe this year, and I say MAYBE) been a Ryan fan and treated him very harshly, and once E/C got together, Ryan was the odd man out and Calleigh was siding with Eric and doing unprofessional things for him while chewing out Ryan and holding a grudge at him for his gambling issues :rolleyes:...)

As for Natalia, I honestly wasn't thrilled w/her in Season 4 - I didn't think they needed to add anyone else to the team b/c it may add too many "faces". However, she's grown on me, and I enjoy Eva LaRue's strength and emotion, as well as her FRIENDLINESS - she lightens up the team. I do think we've found out a lot more about her, though, than we have about Ryan, and I'm OK if she doesn't get a big storyarc.

At the end of the day, it's Ryan who's being short-changed, and Jon Togo is such a great actor, he deserves better.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Anyone else find it interesting that just a few weeks/months back, we were all in here talking about how we'd like to see Cal and Nat chase a suspect together like Eric and Ryan do often and now it appears that we're getting a scene like that? Is this just a coincidence or are the ptb actually listening?

7. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

Lol :lol: if thats the case GregNickRyan, then hopefully TPTB have heard us when we say "STOP THE HORATIO ABUSE!!!" and also the "GIVE RYAN A FRICKING STORYLINE!"

Though I'm glad TPTB have kept their word on giving Ryan and Natalia more time this season, I still wish we got more storylines. I'm a huge fan of both characters and must say I'm happy with Natalia getting a nice share of the storylines/limelight but I feel Ryan could get some more. He's getting time every episode but nothing major.

But then again, I'm not going to complain about that just yet, apparently Ryan's getting more time when Molly Sloan comes in. It may not have been the story line I was hoping for (like his family) but at least its a nicer story line than kidnapped by Russians or gambling problems. Hopefully it'll show him in a good light.

You took the words outta my mouth here. Season 8 wasn't a favorite for me, only liked a few episodes. But I must say, this season Eric's grown on me, mainly cause of his separation from Calleigh. (I don't mean their breakup, I just mean less scenes with her and more with the team) He seems more fun (like in Wheels Up with Nat and the lab tech with the elbow pads)

And Calleigh seems to be doing better without the EC drama. Her connection with the pregnant woman in Happy Birthday and the compasion she showed when Natalia was in hospital really does a good thing for her character. When Eric and Calleigh aren't so wrapped up in each other I have to say they're better characters.

Just my two cents on the topic ;)

8. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

I agree with what everyone said here about the posts. I also agree that the Horatio beating up suspects has to lead to the season finale. If it doesn't, I will be more than surprised, I will feel let down. :rolleyes:

My friend asked me the other day if I have all the seasons from CSI:M and I told her I have Seasons 1-4 only with a lot of regret for buying the overpriced S 4. That was a bad season. What was I thinking?!?! :eek:

But I told my friend, I didn't care for the seasons after Seasons 1, 2, & 3 I find after that the show went south. Still though I love the show itself, but just some episodes are dumb or not relevant to anything. For ex, I hate the Jake, Nick and Ron and Julia storylines. Sorry if I offend anyone, not my intent. Just kind of sounds sappy with them in it. Never cared for any of them. I would like for the characters to have a storyline sometimes. We haven't heard anything about Frank since Season 2 with Bait. I would love to hear more about him. How is his life now?

Next Sunday we get to see Last Stand, new episode. Good. About time we see the show again. I love hearing about Natalia and Ryan. When we hear about them it is like they more than exist, they matter and they do to us. It will also be great to see Calleigh getting back in the saddle so to speak. And I find Cal is stronger when she is not involved in a relationship. Makes her priorities a better fit.

I don't know what point I am trying to make here but I think I just wanted to agree with everyone and just have my say. :lol: But I would really like to see more continuity to the essential characters now.

Thanks for letting me ramble here. ;)

9. ECRocks

ECRocks Witness

I think everybody has their opinion here, My opinion is just focus on the team, and for every character a story line. Even for the lab techs and bring Maxime back. I really liked her but she doesn't come arround it seems. Give them a little credit to. Since calleigh will be back soon as a character I thinks he was more an b character than an a one because the lack of screentime emily got. Calleigh and Natalia in a chase will be uberawesome for me =D.

Also I would as much of you guy stop tah H. is beating people. I think this is so not H. one beating was enough the one with the predator in season 6 I believe. that was enough.

Okay I am absolutly no Ryan fan. i don't know why but I just don't like the guy. But everyone says he needs a storyline but he has one I think with his friend and so. but still my opinion.

Btw CBS stop kidnapping or taking hostage of Natalia. It happens three times in one season. Like wtf. that much hasn't ahppen to calleigh in one season. Season six was maybe a little rough for calleigh but she was taken once. not three times like natalia. (okay the spoilers make it sound three times and I count that she was drugged and taken somewhere else =D) I do like that natalia finnaly gets some action. But this is to much for a woman in one season.

Also less Eric running, chasing people. Seen enough of that. boring everytime I see. and Ryan Naah. xD let the ladies on the high-heels do the running then it's a lot better hahaha. okay seriously how can you run on those heels. I can't even walk on them.

So that was one of the longest posts I ever made.

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

No,he doesn't have one and really hasn't this entire season and that has nothing to do with opinion,just a fact from watching the show.If he had a storyline,so many people wouldn't be saying that he needed one .So yes,he needs a good(huge) story.Frank could stand a good story too.
    The spoilers tend to be a little confusing so not sure that's it's three times for Natalia,but still happy she has gotten a lot of action this season.Calleigh may not have been taken hostage 3 times in season six,but there was still plenty of other things that went on,this season it happens for Natalia,good for her.

11. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

I agree 100% with you greatfan, I think Natalia's doing great this season. In season six Calleigh got rammed off the road and into a swamp, then kidnapped. Not to mention a thick and juciy story line of the Eric/Calleigh/Jake love triangle. Now it's Nat's turn as a leading lady.

As for Ryan, he has been getting more scenes this season but still not enough storyline. I said it before, I'm gonna wait till after this Molly Sloan gets here and see if TPTB are still ignoring him:shifty:

Bring on 9.13, I've been dying for a new episode!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Eva talks about 9.18 over at TV Guide:

13. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

Wait so we're in for a super awesome Natalia beatdown?? This is music to my earlobes. Thanks vegaslights!!

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Yay,that sounds great,can't wait to see it.

15. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

Beat the crap outta him? Now, this sounds extremely promising!

You and me both!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.