**Season Nine Spoiler Lab** - Take Two

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Definitely agree about the team discussing Jesse's death as opposed to Speed.The entire team could be involved as opposed to just a few.
    Natalia's kidnapper being innocent would add a different spin from Calleigh's kidnapping.

Molly is to start in episode 14.

I wonder if Natalia and Calleigh are going to be running in heels in episode 20.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  2. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I'm totally and completely thrilled that Natalia is getting more time. She deserves it and is more that up to the task.

That said, it scares me that the writers are going to turn Natalia into the resident drama queen like they did Calleigh and I don't want to see that happen. That last thing I want to see is Natalia in a rut (death's door ... in the hospital ... in danger ...) like they did with Calleigh so that rather than it be a dramatic moment for the audience they are rolling their eyes and declaring, "Not again!" {sigh}

Actually, I'd find it more interesting to see Natalia save herself! I have no doubt she could and I'd like to see her strength be a part of the resolution.

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about and I'm with you ALL THE WAY on that! Tuesday's episode of NCIS was so overwhelmingly good there simply are no words to describe it. (They were even able to get Sasha Alexander to come in a record some new dialogue for the closing scene!) And that's after 8 seasons! That show just keeps getting better - because they keep the focus on the TEAM, good character development and compelling, realistic stories - not everything focused on only a few ... and NO hookups!

The writers on that show RULE!

CSI Miami could only benefit from watching how they do it! NCIS has been a favorite show of mine since it spun off from JAG. It long ago replaced CSI Miami as my favorite. The years invested in CSI Miami are what keep me hoping that they will turn it around ... even though I know I'm being an idiot! ;)

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I didn't either. I usually like the show, but this week's episode was buckets of boring for me.

I think that's what I disliked about the NCIS ep this week. It seemed like virtually nothing but a flashback clips episode (with a little of case thrown in). Flashback clips episodes always make me think the writers are running out of ideas. Mostly only sitcoms do that kind of thing anyway. But I think we've had enough about the death of Marisol. It comes up more often than I'd like and I'd just like to forget that storyline ever existed.

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Photos from "About Face." Mostly Horatio/Natalia centric.

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Thanks again, Shane. Love the promo pics.

Not getting into the abduction debate...will judge when I see the episode & can see how it differs. ;)

6. jean10brook

jean10brook Hit and Run

I personally don't want to see anything about Jesse, nor do I really want to see more Natalia dominated episodes. And I especially don't want to see repeats of the same stories, such as another CSI kidnapping.
    What I would like to see is:
    - EVERYONE on the show have equal time and CBS stop giving us either too much or too little of any one character
    - Calleigh back in action and not stuck in the lab
    - Answers to the status of Eric and Calleigh's relationship
    - Info on what happened to Valera, Suzie/Madison, Julia/Ron, Yelina, Kyle and Eric's Dad.
    - Horatio stop crossing the line with suspects and deal with all the loss he has had in his life
    - More funny lines from Frank
    - Less drama and more forensics
    - Alexx back for another guest appearance
    - The show pick a night and time and stick with it and stop all the delays and moving around nonsense.
    --------------------------------------------
    Loved Jag, loved Harmm and Sarah and love NCIS. I guess for me, what I don't get from one show I get from another, so in the end it all works out. I just wonder if part of the problem on Miami is that we have so many different people writing the various episodes. Perhaps that's why they can't seem to keep any continuity.

7. jean10brook

jean10brook Hit and Run

Oh, Greatfan - I just ran across this today about Leven Ramblin, who will play Molly Sloan. It is from TVline.com

January 12, 2011 01:45 PM PST
    Exclusive: Grey's Beauty To Recur On Tree Hill

Apparently Leven Rambin’s upcoming gig in the CSI: Miami lab won’t be an extended one after all.

Instead, the sunny alum of shows such as Grey’s Anatomy and Sarah Connor Chronicles has landed a recurring role on The CW’s One Tree Hill, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Rambin’s new character could echo her work on Grey’s, where she hit the scene as Mark Sloan’s unmarried and pregnant daughter, seeing as she’ll play a young woman Brooke crosses paths with as she explores adoption options. But that’s all I’m at liberty to reveal.

Well, that and the fact that Rambin will make her first OTH appearance in this season’s 19th episode.

The CW’s One Tree Hill airs Tuesdays at 8/7c.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

So Levin's only gonna be in the one episode? Or did she do more than one? I can't remember lol.

9. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

Based upon her tweets (which is STILL yet to be verified :: suspicious eyes :: ) she's done plenty more than just 1 episode...

10. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I agree with these things that you said. But the one that really bugs me is Eric's father. For some reason I don't see a lot of people complaining about this and I don't remember many people complaining about it during season 8's premiere, for some reason. But he just disappeared. Eric was found by himself and his dad wasn't mentioned AT ALL. Where did he go? What happened? Maybe people didn't really notice because we had to wait so long over the summer to see what happened or something but yea, that just really bothers me. Did he go to Russia or something? Is he dead? Argh.

For lab rats, I don't mind that they usually don't say where they went because they're not major characters (Cooper did though, surprisingly). But for Valera I kind of wish they would. Valera was more a main part of the cast, she had episodes that sort of centered around her, she was there for a loooong time. So when she just disappeared, you noticed. :/ I mean she was there longer than Cooper. He got a "going away episode" but she didn't. I don't care about Suzie/Madison anymore, that's so old now bringing it up again would just be... meh. But Yelina and Ray Jr. would be nice. Kyle, well we know where he is so I'm not bothered by that. AND I would love to see Julia and Ron again. :D Especially Ron, since he was working for the police last time we saw him (I think...).

Horatio Horatio Horatio. They really need to do something with his beating up of suspects. Seriously. I didn't mind it at first, but when it happens practically every episode it is annoying. They have to either have him caught, or have some sort of storyline focused on WHY he does what he does when he knows perfectly well that it's wrong.

Frank is always great, and they really do need to pick a constant night and time for the show. -_-

We don't really have that many episodes left though do we? And we have spoilers for up to like, episode 20 now. So I doubt half the stuff we all want to happen will happen in this season. But we can all wish.

11. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

So far she'll appear in 9.14 "Stoned Cold," 9.18 "About Face," and 9.19 "Caged."

Some more information on 9.20, titled "Red Blood":

~ For those who wonder if Horatio/Calleigh will ever have one-on-one scenes again, rest assured. There's one or two in this episode. ;)

~ Loman gives opinion on some evidence in the layout room. One of the suspects in the episode is attacked (yet is still alive), so Ryan and Calleigh ask Tom for some help.

~ Monica was kidnapped by her uncle as a young girl and now suffers Dissociative Identity Disorder.

12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Actually,she's filming CSI:Miami this week,according to her two episodes. She has already filmed episode 14.Her tweets stated she was doing both Miami and OTH .

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Interesting. Several on that list would be repeating stories if they were to resurface.
    Natalia's kidnapping is an incident, a repeated incident (just as every shooting/stabbing/murder is repeated in this series) but it's not exactly a repeated story. There is a difference.

And no offense, but we had to deal with several of the characters being front & center for a very long time - equal screentime didn't exist, yet... I didn't hear any complaining at that time from those who supported them.

14. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Reminder: There is a rerun of the first Memmo episode, Manhunt, tonight at 9 p.m., probably as a prelude to next week. This was my least favorite episode and I am not looking forward to seeing this horrible villain again next week. The shooting of the three nurses at the hospital really bothered me and just because he couldn't find his daughter.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  15. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Its good to see Natalia getting a story, but im also hoping that they try and do something different with it. I think it would be more dramatic if they didnt have the characters facing death every few episodes.
    Luf- they have all disappeared into Miami's continuity black hole!
    I agree, nothing was mentioned, at all, about Eric's Dad. Obviously when Adam left they didnt feel the need to finish that particular storyline, but now he is back they could have a reference to him. And I miss Valera.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.