SouthLAnd

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Kimbo08, Apr 7, 2009.

1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

A sad episode last night.
    I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet, but suffice it to say, I'll miss one of my favorite characters. :(

Regina King was awesome, as usual.
    And, even I knew the handcuffed guy was going to take off. :lol:

Another memorable episode. Southland is one of the best shows no one is watching. The ratings for cable are decent, though, so hopefully it will get a renewal.

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Crap. I DVR'd it but forget and looked here today. Ah well....I won't read any more!

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

4. Smokey

Dang. I just got to see it. Whyyyyyy??! :( The actress who played Sammy's wife left the show too...they should have killed her instead! *sigh*

Oh well...it fit the style of the show very well, that's for sure. One of the things I love about the show is how realistic it is, and unfortunately those sudden deaths are a reality on the streets, especially for police officers.

I like the way John is handling Ben too. Loved "Why run when you can ride?" :lol:

5. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

That was a powerful episode and I was never a fan of him. Wow! Sammy's wife left the show too? I didn't know that though I didn't like her. The actress was on CSI: Miami years ago.

John and Ben were great. Loved how Ben got shown he wasn't as great as he thought he was.

Looking forward to Tuesday's episode!

6. Smokey

She's on Desperate Housewives now. :) I don't like her on there either tho. :shifty:

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I thought that was a good finale for the season. It seemed to tie up some of the story arcs well. I do hope it gets renewed because I think it will be great to see Sammy and Ben work together. :)

8. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I enjoyed the finale last night a lot. I sort of had a feeling Sammy and Ben would end up as partners after Sammy asked that one detective (the character's name escapes me) if he (the other detective) missed being on patrol.

I'm interested in seeing Sammy's style versus Cooper's as far as being Ben's partner.

And speaking of Cooper, wow! Michael Cudlitz please collect your Emmy.

I really hope we get to see a season four. Make it happen TNT.

9. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

I'm really looking forward to next season to see how Ben and Sammy are as partners. It will be interesting seeing them work together since they've never shared the same screen before, I don't think. Ben seems to like having another hard-ass partner compared to how John was at the end.
    Michael Cudlitz was phenomenal. His "thank you" to Ben almost made me tear up.

10. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Yeah. That was a great scene at the end when he listed the drugs he was addicted to; then, when the receptionist asked him about illegal drugs, he replied with 'No, I'm a cop." Poignant.

I also liked the baby scenes with Sammy. It almost seemed out of place with the rest of the episode, because it really contrasted what the police see on a daily basis. But, I liked it, and I really felt for Sammy. I think it was all a part of keeping it real.

11. Smokey

Finally got to watch the finale today and wow! This is truly the best dramatic show on TV right now. I loved the whole thing, and I really hope they come back for another season, although I hate waiting so long for it.

12. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I really hope they get another season. The cast seems pretty optimistic about coming back....so...fingers crossed.

And I want more than just 10 episodes in season four.

13. Smokey

I know. :( They had 7 episodes in Season 1...6 in Season 2...and now 10 in Season 3. I hope we don't have to wait almost a year again for the next season to start. What's up with that? :wtf:

14. Smokey

Looks like there is real hope for a Season 4! :)

15. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I saw that just before I got to the boards. I kind of wish they'd do more than 10 episodes. The season just flies by most of the time.