Hawaii Five-0: The next generation

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Dynamo1, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Poor CSI: Miami. First, CBS took away its Monday spot for H50. Now, it will be preempted to give H50 the boost from football. It is a smart decision though.

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I liked the first episode of the new year. And I'm glad they sent the sister back to L.A. because she was just not likable. Her voice drove me nuts! :lol:

3. ncismom

ncismom Hit and Run

I'm not crazy about Steve's sister either. However, gotta love Danno! ;)
    I'm new to the boards so I thought I'd drop in and say hello to some fellow Hawaii 5 0 fans! Looking forward to being on this thread!

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Welcome ncismom! Nice to have another H5-0 fan! We definitely need to get this thread going. :D Is everyone excited for the new episode on Sunday?

I'm a little in love with Danno. I think Steve might be, too. ;) The bickering between those two is far and away my favorite thing about the show. :D

5. BabaOReilly

Yeah, the leads having such a great, dynamic rapport- that really makes or breaks some shows, I'm thinking. It's definitely a highlight for me.

The thing about this show is, I'm never bored. It's interesting how they manage to keep it so engaging even thought they're not exactly re-inventing the wheel here. Definitely looking forward to more! :)

6. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Aloha, ncismom. Welcome to the nut house. Grab your virtual CSIFiles unofficial Five-0 lei from the imaginary table by the invisible door. Pull up a keyboard and have fun.

7. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I'm surprised. I didn't expect to like this show as I watched the original and I rarely like remakes. But I do like it. I love Danno when he's with his daughter, but the back-and-forth between him and Steve is great. Kono took a bit of getting used to but she's OK.

Ultimately I think one (or 3) reason(s) I may like it - The sun. The surf. The warm climate! (What can I say I've got 36.2" of snow on the ground so far this month and it was 1F as I was watching last night. :lol:)

But honestly, they do have some good character interaction and I love all the action and the pace of the show. :)

Susan

8. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I'm in love with Danno too *looks at icon*. He just grew on me! Unfortunately no new episode this week, hopefully next week?

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I like the coroner (Hiro from Heroes). He's interesting. I'm glad they added him as a recurring character. :)

10. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Yes, he does play that part well.

11. ncismom

ncismom Hit and Run

Love your icon! Steve and Danno's bickering are such an integral part of the show. Loved last night's episode, although it was a rerun; especially Steve telling Danno that he got a free pass next time! :guffaw:

Great show and great cast! Hope it's around for a while!

12. Lisajayne

Lisajayne Victim

just watched all the episodes in the past week,love it!! I could never get into the first 5 0. it's not the greatest tv programme ever,but its fun,entertaining,action packed,but the best thing is the Steve/Danno interaction!
    I LOVE DANNO:drool:

13. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Thanks, I love it too! I love Steve and Danny's interaction, it's the best part of the show.

I agree! And Danno is hot! Love him!

14. BabaOReilly

This past week's episode was pretty so-so in terms of the season so far... but it was still entertaining at least.

And of course there has to be some significance in Dano's ex-wife's new husband's comment about "things haven't been great lately..." ;)

15. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: TvGuide Online

I love Hawaii Five-0, but how long is McGarrett's investigation into his father's case going to last?

ADAM: Not as long as you might think: Co-executive producer Paul Zbyszewski promises that many of the "champ box" mysteries will be solved by season's end, including who or what exactly John McGarrett was investigating and who replaced the stolen money from the evidence locker. "I think fans will be really surprised at how deep we go and how much we learn by the end of the season," Zbyszewski says. "That's not to say that we're not going to continue to explore the McGarrett mythology anymore, because there plenty more to milk in Season 2."