Hawaii Five-0: The next generation

Just a bit of trivia: James MacArthur was NOT the first Danny Williams. Tim O'Kelly played Danny in the 2-hour pilot (which also introduced Wo Fat), but he was not picked up for the series.

Pretty cool, they had a "in memorandum" for James MacArthur at the beginning of tonight's new Five-0.
I've really been enjoying the new show! I know I watched the original, at least a few times, when I was a kid, but I don't really remember much of it. I love how fast paced this one has been, and the way Danno and MacGerret work together!

Robert Loggia, who played the tour guide in last night's episode, once guest starred in an episode of the original Hawaii Five-0 back in 1979.

Those who've seen the original will recognize this...

fans – u’ve been warned! SuperVillian WO FAT is coming 4 the team and ‘Dancing’ Iron Chef Chairman Mark Dacascos is going 2 play him!

This show is not even amonst the TOP 25 in the ratings, it as well as other new shows might be on the cusp~

Well, I hope it sticks around since it's still better than half the other new shows that I've already given up on... It's nice to have a pure action series with some decent writing/dialogue for a change.

Well, I hope it sticks around since it's still better than half the other new shows that I've already given up on... It's nice to have a pure action series with some decent writing/dialogue for a change.

Agreed. I enjoy the show, infact I look forward to it. I didn't think I would like it but glad I kept watching!

I didn't think I'd like this show either...but I gave it a shot and was surprised how I liked it. Here's hoping it will stay on the air for several more seasons.

Source: TvGuide

What's the deal with McGarrett's sister on Hawaii Five-0?

ADAM: Mary's presence will be explained in an upcoming episode in which she's kidnapped. McGarrett and Danno's investigation will reveal that her disappearance is connected to the murder of McGarrett's mother years before. The lead suspect: a businessman with significant ties to the Japanese mob who's also a close friend — and major campaign contributor — to the governor.

From the new TV Guide dated Nov. 15-21 Matt Roush's review~

Why it's working
The iconic title and theme song. Those gorgeous slands. And the hot bods don't hurt. DOES IT WORK? Mostly. The new Five-O gets high fives for it's look, pace an effortlessly diverting a blend of action and humorously bromantic banter between Alex O'Loughlin and Scott Caan as the dour Steve McGarrett and his wry homesick sidekick, Danno. The stories are often forgettably generic, but the escapism allure is high:MY SCORE: 8~

From Fancast. :)

Any scoops on Mark Dacascos (’Iron Chef America’) playing Wo Fat on the new ‘Hawaii Five-0‘? Will martial arts play a huge role for his character? – Natalie
So… you want the skinny on Fat? [Stifled guffaw] I have been assured that the modern-day incarnation of the big baddie will, one way or another, give McGarrett’s team a run for their money when he surfaces on Dec. 13. And surely it’s no coincide they cast an expert in karate and kung fu?

I finally watched this for the first time and thought it was awful. Flimsy stories, cheesy dialogue and atrocious acting. I'll never watch this again. I can't believe anyone enjoys this, but to each ones own:rolleyes:

I really enjoyed the last two eps. Interesting and good action. For a straight up action series, I like what they're doing with this show.

I like this show. CSIs can't be this action-packed so I really enjoyed every episode. Danny and Kono are my favorite characters.

Back