Season 7 Spoiler Discussion part 2 - Fighting Crime In Gotham

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

That is true. Although very sad over her absence, I'm glad to know she's alive and well. :)

2. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

So why not just answer the question then?
    Or maybe she is coming back and they are working out the details!!!:thumbsup: For some it is the end of story and they are satisfied...But there are those of us that just dont fall into that catagory.:) The writers dropped the ball IMO Melina deserved more then a letter to of all people....Lindsey.:rolleyes:

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

What else were they supposed to do considering Melina wasn't coming back? They're options were greatly limited because of that.

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Exactly. Melina decided to leave just before the season began filming, leaving the producers scrambling to change six scripts in order to accommodate no delays in the schedule. It's been stated time and time again by both Melina and TPTB that she will not be coming back. There was no need for Kristin to answer the question because it's a moot point. Why the majority of her fans will never come to terms with this I honestly don't know.

5. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

She dumped the show and didn't want to return. I don't see what kind of send-off her character deserves. I really want CSI: NY to survive this challenging season. I'm proud of all the remaining cast and staff of NY who didn't leave everybody behind just like that.

6. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Because like it or not the FANS didnt deserve the cheap exit no matter what the reasoning behind the exit. And if you are saying they couldnt do better then that ridiculous letter to Lindsey maybe they could take some writing lessons from Crimiinal Minds.

The kind that seven years of rating boosting her fans gave to the show which also helped to keep it on the air. It could have also helped with this "challenging season" to have those fans still tuning in but why should they? The writers still have control of the pen no matter who walked.

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

The difference between CSI: NY and Criminal Minds is that Melina Kanakaredes left on her own accord, and AJ Cook on CM was canned by CBS. Fortunately, she got to appear in two episodes to give her character closure. With Melina leaving and not wanting to return there's not much you can do with giving closure to her character. The bright side to both actresses leaving is that neither one was killed off.

The kind that seven years of rating boosting her fans gave to the show which also helped to keep it on the air. It could have also helped with this "challenging season" to have those fans still tuning in but why should they? The writers still have control of the pen no matter who walked.[/QUOTE]

Ratings are strong this season, especially for being on a Friday night. Looking at the ratings from last season, you can't really say there's been a tremendous amount of fan-erosion.

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I could be wrong, but I think that "@FatherDowling" person is a DL shipper... which means E! literally hired a fangirl. :lol: Probably an intern, but still, kinda bad to have something so obviously shipper skewed. And to D/L, too... I personally don't like Mac ships, but there's not a single question about him and Stella or him and Jo answered, and I find it hard to believe there weren't any submitted.

I actually feel a little sorry for DL fans. Their ship sailed all right... right into mind-numbing boredom. There's pretty much nowhere for them to go now, and the actors' complete lack of chemistry together has never been more glaringly obvious.

Agreed, completely. I think they did the best with what they could. They could have killed her off screen and had that be that but they didn't, which I think was nice to the fans. They're not going to dwell on an actress who chose to leave the show in an abrupt way; what benefit is there to the narrative of the show if they can't get the actress back to reprise the role? I think they dealt with it, if not the best they could, then in the least messy way they could.

9. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

This is true Top41. Even though I miss her terribly, I'm glad to know she's alive and well, albeit off-screen in another city. :)

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yeah, they did the best they could with their limited options - plus, if they kept dwelling on her absence, it wouldn't help the show move on from it at all. That was one of my problems with Delko's "exit" from CSI: Miami last year. I know he ended up coming back full time this year, so the "exit" wasn't really an exit, but his intended departure was so drawn out that I felt like the whole team was in a state of limbo, and Jesse never really got a chance to settle in as Delko's replacement and find his place in the group dynamic.

Someone mentioned Criminal Minds - I haven't watched the show in a long time, but I was mad when I heard they were getting rid of AJ. And didn't they cut down on Paget's role as well? It's already a male-dominated cast, so that seemed like such a bad idea to me. At least NY replaced Melina with a mature, talented actress to fill the void.

(BTW, didn't Criminal Minds decide to bring in a new [blonde] woman to basically fill the spot left by AJ leaving, and then give her a bigger role because of the decreased female presence on the show? I could be wrong since I haven't really kept up with it, but that all sounds so stupid - you get rid of someone and then act like you need to find someone else to take her place because something's missing? No duh something's missing - the character you got rid of!)

11. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

12. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

Actually to clarify, no. I wanted to read some spoilers that had to do with Flack, Hawkes or even Mac.

13. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I feel the same way and am glad they plan on keeping it limited for the time being.

14. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

For your sake I wish you well but that remains to be seen. But now that they are moving "Blue Bloods" to Wednesday CSINY could suffer. I know the hope was that BB fans would tune in early for a boost to NY.

It had already met this destination before it left the dock.:rolleyes:
    Not to PV and untill she takes off her "rose colored" glasses there will always be D/L:rolleyes:

I agree with the fact of there genorosity to the fans for not killing her off. But no one is asking anyone to "dwell" on her. I have been hanging around the CSI lab for seven years just like alot of fans (in a rhetorical sense of course) so they cant mention her now and again?
    Quoted by CBS and we all saw how she was "remembered" by giving a letter to Lindsey:rolleyes: GAH even now the memory makes me want to hurl:rolleyes:

She could always come back, there comments in parting were not suggesting to be completely severed neccesarily, in this bussiness anything is possible. They have brought back people before. For all of those who think "Melina screwed me over good riddens", (which is fine I get a little feeling of that myself)there are also those who feel it might have been a two way street and they could at least give a little mention for the fans especially after the CBS comment "she will not be forgotten".

Me too.:)

Not everyone feels this has taken place, just a matter of opinion I guess.

Oh sorry for the misunderstanding.:) As far as your desires, good luck with that, there is nobody else on the show but D/L:rolleyes:

Yea right! I decided to watch last night because of Flack while waiting for BB because I was home (waited for nothing as BB did not come on:rolleyes:) and Danny would be better off with Edna!:lol:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  15. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Each cast member especially Gary has loyal fan base too that followed the show. Honestly, I think the brand CSI contributed to the show's success the greatest. I don't think this show will be successful if it was meant to be a CSI wannabe and called something like Crime Busters: New York.

Yeah. Stella was my favorite character and I was very satisfied with the way she was written out. I can't think of other respectful ways to write her out without inviting Melina back. She decided to move on abruptly, so the show and the fans (like me) have the right to do it abruptly too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.