Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Ghawazee, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Choose New Stellarina Thread!

Poll closed Aug 10, 2009.
  1. Stella/Melina #7: 'Cause even Athene and Aphrodite worship her.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. Stella/Melina #7: The perfect combination of brains, looks, and personality.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Stella/Melina #7: a goddess came down to earth !

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. Stella/Melina #7:Athene in her mortal form.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Stella/Melina #7: Zeus' gift to Hollywood.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Stella/Melina#7 'Cause she is the angel that enlighten our hearts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. Stella/Melina #7: Because she´s the Greek Goddess of Crimonology

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. Stella/Melina #7Because she´s the heart and soul of the CSI-team

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  10. Stella/Melina#7 Because Lady Liberty speaks in Greek!

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  11. Stella/Melina#7 Because she is the light and soul of NY Lab

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Stella/kelina#7 Because we all love Rambo Stella

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

If you are getting caught up via reruns you will see in season one Mac and Stella worked in the lab alot more. Now Mac justs snorts and stomps around asking everyone what up:p. I've not been watching season seven... cant stomach having the new gal in my face so much..and I miss Stella alot :(. Plus have to say after reading the recent comments by Pam Veasey and her newest drivel to get Mac hooked up again this time with Jo (HHHMMM Stella wasnt good enough I guess:rolleyes:) she is turning it into a soap opera.:lol: Season one Mac and Stell were in the lab alot and my favorite has to be season one "Creatures of the night". Stella was soo frustrated because she was at a loss to find convicting evidence.. Danny and Aiden (oh how I miss THOSE days:() were walking out the door to go home but turned around and came back to help her.:thumbsup: Then Mac did the same:) It was one of my favorites scenes. Needless too say the team privailed and found the evidence and got the criminal:thumbsup:Oh to get such joy out of a program again. *sigh* Stellas zest and agility is a huge void and leaves the show lacking IMO. Another lab favorite... when Stell asked Mac why he had not taken off his wedding ring yet...because I dont want too was his response. O.K says she.... Doesnt push, doesnt pry, just respects.:) Never has ANYONE had such an intimite moment as that, with Mac, as Stella had. Great chemistry, best of friends, missed opportunity.....so sad.

2. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I so miss Stella as a character to the point I've decided to share a Google Sketchup of two major highways, Stella Bonasera Blvd. and Janet Jackson Highway, named after two major crushes I've had for a long, long time.

Here they are:

[​IMG]

Looking northwest, Stella Bonasera Blvd. has the green light...

[​IMG]

Westbound at Flack Dr.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looking northeast:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Westbound @ Janet Jackson Highway...

[​IMG]

I hope you all like them and wonder what you all think of them? Stella has left her mark on my world that I've given her a major boulevard in my city. I'm also mapping out a state called New Bonasera, with St. Amerigo as the capital, and Stellapolis as it's largest city of over 1.2 million.

3. byline

byline CSI Level One

Thanks for the background info! We're watching repeats on Spike, which seem to have gone back to the very beginning, so we're seeing more of what you and others have described. I can't say that I dislike the new episodes this season, but they do seem to be lacking somewhat. I can't tell if it's the addition of Sela Ward to the cast, the move to Fridays, or what exactly doesn't feel quite right. But in fairness, I haven't watched the series consistently, so I'm really not a very good judge of what "normal" is.

4. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

You AND my sister! We went to New York this summer for vacation so she has been watching spike as well and "catching up"!:thumbsup: First of all IMO I think the loss of Stella is a major part of what is lacking. Her personality was soooo vibrant and commanding. She was sharp, classy, tough, kind, smart. She was athletic and not afraid to tackle anything.:)As much as I miss her I cant say it is Sela or Friday nights, although I do not care for "Jo" they have allowed her character to take over the show IMO and that left a bad taste in my mouth. She knows everything and has more "back ground" time then I think is necessary. I am all for giving a little more screen time when your new but they are going overboard I think. There are others and they have been with the show way longer. If they were to delve into Flacks family back ground or Adams, more Sid and the promise of a relationship for Sheldon which comes every season but never transpires. And Sid! I think he is a "hidden" jewel they dont tap into as much. But the show is based on Mac and New York. Stella was his partner and the friendship they had right from the start well it was a deep and very special bond as you will see. She briings Mac back to living life again after his terrible loss. Although the void that Melina has left can not be filled, I think the problem started when PV decided the season five I think ?..she said she wanted to get into the characters personal lives and then Anna Belknap got pregnant and that storyline kind of "took over" the series as she wanted to have the first "CSI baby" :rolleyes: that and then they started romances for Mac. They should have stuck with the two case episodes and kept all the personal stuff in the back ground. The main character use to be New York, and Macs personal loss was a side story as his wife was killed in 9-11 which I guess you already know. Even Gary in a recent interview stated he would rather they concentrate on the crime aspect of the show which is where I think they have lost there way.

5. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

YES!!!
    Next week is a repeat ...Blacklist with grave digger! Will get to see Stella again cant wait gotta tune in for THAT!!!:thumbsup:

6. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Yes, Stella is a completely irreplaceable character, no matter what TPTB keep saying.

Sorry Jo, but you have a long, LONG climb through the Himalayas and the trek through dangerous war torn landscapes before you can enter Stella's league. :)

As for me, I wanted to share something incredibly humourous and maybe you'll get some laughs from this one.

On the left is Natalia Boa Vista (From CSI: Miami) and on the right is Stella Bonasera (From CSI:NY) and their walking off into the sunset. Inspired by a 1994-comedy-movie-that-I'm-not-saying.

Here it is:

[​IMG]

I thought up of this shortly as a means of trying to dull the sheer grief I felt over MK's departure. I hope you all like it and would like ffedback. I wish I could think of a more appropriate place to put fanart but I haven't found threads that I felt could accept this work from me.

7. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Was looking forward to watching fridays repeat of CSI with Stella in it! Blacklist with the gravedigger. I see it started earlier then planned so did not catch it all but watched some so I pulled out the DVDs and watched it all! It was good to see Stella and Mac working together again. They are such a GREAT team!:thumbsup:

8. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

YES! Stella is BACK in Death House this Friday! Cant wait to see her on the show again:thumbsup: Have not heard much about Melina of late any body else hear anything? Last I saw she was shopping in New York with her daughters oh the irony

9. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Like it or not, unless it's for guest apperences, Stella will NOT be back. I miss her like everyone else...but the fact is Jo is in...and Stella isn't.

10. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

That's why we're keeping hopes out that Stella can have ocassional guest appearances are at least Mac and others ask or mention her from time to time. I would be overjoyed beyond belief if Stella AND Jo actually met, perhaps for a case involving a suspect with ties to New Orleans and Stella is forced to travel to New York and we see members of Stella's team meet with Mac's team.

It would be such a treat and I would totally, I mean, TOTALLY forgive both MK and TPTB for the huge, HUGE mistake they've done. :bolian: Not only that but TPTB could greatly redeem themselves on some level to bring MK back for an occasional guest role.

If CSI:NY is over and out, after this season, to see this, to see Stella AND Jo, talking with Mac, I would tune in, one last time, and this show can go out with some redemption and dignity rather than limp in bloody water like it is now. :bolian:

It would be the ultimate Lazarus-moment in my TV viewing years it would be beyond miracles to see it happen.

11. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Hmm, how to say this.

I wouldn't be averse to having Stella mentioned in passing from time to time, nor indeed if the studio and TPTB approached MK with an idea for a guest return.

But. In the former option, it would have to not be gratuitous, meaning not just for the sake of acknowledging a past character, but somehow relevant to a situation or the like. I mean, how often was Aiden or Angell mentioned after the fact, especially if it wasn't somehow tied into related material for a case or another character. In the latter option, it would hafta be an idea and a script worthy of undertaking, and as substantial as POV or Point of No Return, for example.

In a way, a Gratuitous mention for the sake of it might even seem less "dignified" than a more deliberate storyline. Beyond that, I don't expect the show to make mention of characters who are no longer present cast members. I mean, the show has enough trouble dealing with those already relegated to the BHC :p.

I think the main thing I wanted to say is that I don't see how or why MK or TPTB require Forgiveness or Redemption of any sort. MK left to move on to other things in her career and life. TPTB brought in a great successor and cast member as a result. It's business, not an error.

I like MK and I liked Stella. I like SW as I've gotten to know more of her, and I have grown to like Jo very much as a character. I happen to quite like the Bloody Water of S7 so far :p.

The show has transitioned many characters. I don't recall Vanessa Ferlito being accused of any supposed treachery when she left. I don't begrudge MK her decision in the slightest. I also think TPTB have done rather well with the introduction of a new main cast member and with the season as a whole. One can like or loathe S7, or any season at all, but the comings and goings of staff in the life of a show is not really something anyone's in a position to pass judgement on.

If at some point there's an interest from all sides and time and means to do so, have Stella back. But. At this point it would just be another ep. Frankly, there are some current characters I'd like to see get some attention as well. I'd be just as happy to see an ep where Sid or Adam got to step to the forefront as I would be to see Stella somehow make a return.

12. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

Ditto. However, I suspect the first option would be tied to the second if it happened. Or said another way, if Stella is mentioned in conversation, that could be an indication that they are planning to have her in at some point for a guest shot.

Otherwise, I'm not sure they would be inclined to drop in mentions of Stella. From what I've read, they seem to be putting a lot of the marbles this season on getting the audience to invest in Jo (and also her relationship with Mac), so I can't see how it would be in their best interests to remind viewers of Stella or any of the other women who were close to Mac.

I tend to think there are two circumstances under which MK/Stella might show up in a guest role. (1) If the ratings are dipping (as they did last year) when heading into the Spring and renewal timeframe, it might be viewed as an opportunity to try for a temporary ratings bump. (2) Or if the show is cancelled and/or GS/Mac leaves, it might be another opportunity for storyline closure (especially considering syndication issues).

Re: ratings, seems like NY is doing well enough right now to make it through this season. As May approaches though, they will have to get in line with all CBS' other dramas seeking renewal, and if the ratings are at current levels or lower, looks like they could end up as one of those bubble shows. As usual, time will tell.

No, I don't blame MK either. From the limited info I've seen, I gathered her decision was based on financial as well as creative reasons. And who knows? By leaving before this season, MK may have saved Stella and her fans from further frustration, especially if Stella was going to simply continue along the same path as shown in season six. Hard to know for sure.

However, I do feel a certain amount of sadness (on MK/Stella's behalf) upon hearing some of the attention and storylines given to Jo this season. Given Stella's background and history, it might've been interesting to see her with a longer term storyline involving a foster/adoptive child. But not to be....

13. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

You are right Curiosity. It's just that I recall many times I truly cringed at the thought that hearing that MK would leave New York one day. That day of infamy came on July 12. :( It truly hurt like a S.O.B. but sometimes, I truly am wondering if it really is because she knows that CSI:NY could very well be on it's way out and left while it was still good, converging with the move to Friday nights, and the direction they took her character.

When I say how much I miss Stella on our screens, it's almost entirely pre-season 6 Stella. I truly despite how she became just a one-dimensional being, just being 'there'. The Stella I miss is from the first three or four seasons. I almost don't even acknowledge season 6 Stella at all. When I reminisce about Stella, I almost never acknowledge her in season 6 at all. Those iconic, foreboding screenshots of her from season 1, versus those dull ones from season 6, it's like two completely different charachters sharing the same physical body or duplicates. :lol:

Because my attitude, how I feel about all of it, is like a pendulum, I sometimes have had to be reminded of why. I can understand now. Still, it doesn't make me any happier about it, nor does it make me want to be on the couch when the show comes on. I'd still rather play "Call of Duty: Black Ops" or "Medal of Honor (2010)" anytime over CSI: NY without Stella.

I just feel like, with her mysterious background, how much we've been wanting to know about her past, all the things we'd been wanting to learn about, over time, and then suddenly she left....It truly has left a hole that is hard to fill in. It's like MK left without any feeling of closure to Stella even though I feel a lot better knowing she's alive and well, albeit in a different city. :)

I hope MK's next endeavor is soon, take your time MK. :) Many of the greatest works are by those who take their time. :)

14. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

Melina might be coming back? That's great even for guest appearances that will be a feast for this weary NY watchers eyes! If any woman has to be with Mac= Stella's the one and maybe if we ask long enough we can send Jo back to the Big Easy...(hoping against hope... wishes....)

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

There's been NO news that Melina might be coming back. It's just wishful thinking on the part of a couple of fans.