The Mentalist

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Missing, Oct 3, 2008.

1. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

Oh, so there's only about a month's difference? Pretty impressive considering we're still waiting for any of the new CSI seasons :lol:

Ah, so they do flirt- I'm really bad with communication skills so I wasn't too sure :) I'm okay with where they are now in the relationship, but I agree that progressing into a serious romance shouldn't happen in a while.

Blood In, Blood Out is probably my second favourite episode of all of them :D It's the episode that put Cho just a little bit higher than Jane in my favourite list!

2. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

OMG i'm gonna shoot somebody!
    that's not fair!
    you guys(uk,usa) can watch s3:eek:

but here i've seen only season1 (twice tho)....

and, damn my curiousity, i peeked into tv guide for paid channels and i saw it!
    i was like: OMG can't be and i can't see cause i can't pay for that channel!
    oh damn i can't wait for s2 on national channel after they'll finish with current serial.

ahh can't watch Mentalist even online :scream::brickwall:

3. electra

electra Pathologist

Last night episode was very interesting.I so was not expecting Lisbon to sleep with mashburn(can not remember the spelling).I understand why it can not last but at least she is over Bosco. Case was entertaining until the end.

4. luf100

luf100 Coroner

^ I know! I was surprised enough when she ALMOST kissed him, but that ending. Wow. They didn't mention anything about it in last night's episode but I'm sure that sooner or later Jane is gonna be like "So Lisbon how are you and Mashburn doing?" and she'll be like "Wut?" I think he probably already knows about them. :lol:

Last night's episode was really good too, poor Jane! I really loved it though. Rigsby so loves Grace still, they're making it kind of obvious. And I loved the end with Lisbon and Jane on the couch. My mom told me that she said "I wish I had a cattle prod" near the end, lmao! I didn't hear it because my TV is so quiet.

5. electra

electra Pathologist

I can not wait for Jane to tease Lisbon about him!! I hope we can see him in another episode.:)

I liked last night episode as well.That chick was crazy but believable.And I liked that Jane did not really apologized becouse her father was a thief and a murderer.I sometimes think Jane needs to work on his social skills but he takes bad ones away.

6. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Great episode last Thursday! The creepy doctor in prison reminds me of CSI's Dr. Jekyll. As usual, Jane had a very clever way distracting the hostage taker.

I see, that doctor was in the pilot episode. Not yet watching the show back then but I'll try to catch-up.

7. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I was thinking, "Geez woman couldn't you find a better looking guy to bed down?" Masahburn was a total scuzz

8. DragonFriend95

It's so lovely to see that society has finally progressed past the prejudiced stage where someone is judged on their beauty rather than their personality or brains :rolleyes: Besides, I happen to think that Mashburn/Currie Graham is a rather handsome man; I usually hate love triangles but I'm interested in seeing where this Jane/Lisbon/Mashburn thing will go, and I was hoping he'd pop up again after his first episode.

9. Country233

I am not a shallow person but Mashburn's personality is flawed as well.

10. DragonFriend95

Well as far as I can tell Mashburn is a lot like Jane- a jerk half of the time, bit of a superiority complex, doesn't stop until he gets what he wants and, in my opinion, they're both quite charming :lol:

11. Country233

Well the problem I had with Mashburn is that he is a player. Jane is a jerk at times, but doesn't chase tail.

12. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I agree. I really like the actor who plays Mashburn. And yeah, he does have a similar personality to Jane. And the reason both he and Jane are such interesting characters is because they're both flawed but loveable as well as fascinating, IMO.

I wish I hadn't missed the most recent episode. I'm going to try to find it so I can get caught up.

Yes, I agree that Jane knows about Lisbon's roll in the hay with Mashburn. And I can't wait for him to say something about it.

13. Natasha Romanoff

Natasha Romanoff Police Officer

I love that episode because Cho is one of my favourite characters, I love the guy so it was good to see him sort of in the spotlight.

I've only recently within the last two maybe three weeks gotten into The Mentalist, I have S1 & 2 on DVD and have watched both I also watched episode 8 from S3 because I wanted to watch it because it sounded like a good one. I'm hoping to watch the beginning few episodes of S3 I've not yet seen.

Ships: Jane/Lisbon, Rigsby/Van Pelt

But I've become hooked so much on this show. It's brilliant.

14. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

Personally my favorite character in the mentalist is Jane. He made me laugh in the last rerun where he made everybody believe they were all going to die and Lisbon called Cho and said her farewell.Then Jane told Lisbon that they weren't going to die and she punched him.:lol: Nobody knows to what extent Jane gets to catch a killer.

15. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

From TV Guide online:

Report: Simon Baker Strikes $30 Million Deal with Warner Bros.

Dec 26, 2010 09:56 AM ET
    by Robyn Ross

The Mentalist's Simon Baker is Finalizing a deal with Warner Bros. Television for more than $30 million, Deadline.com reports.

That figure includes money already promised to Baker in his current contract. As part of the new deal with Warner Bros., which produces The Mentalist, Baker will add another year to his six-season contract. He'll also get a producer credit on the series beginning in Season 5 and he will receive an additional piece of the show's royalties. Warner Bros. sold the syndication rights to TNT in November 2009 for $2.2 million per episode.

E-mails to reps for both Warner Bros. and Baker were not immediately returned.

The Mentalist
    was the No. 1 new drama when it debuted in 2008. The show has averaged 16 million viewers in its third season, and consistently ranks as one of the most DVR-ed shows on television.