The Mentalist

I wish they'd hurry and tell us who set the cop on fire.

I'd hate for it to be Van Pelt's boyfriend because I really like Eric Winter (the actor), but some of the things the character said in tonight's epiosde is making me wonder. The whole "they're your co-workers, I'm your friend" thing reminds me of a boyfriend I had who tried to make me think my friends were traitors because he wanted me all to himself. I don't know if they're going the possessive and isolation angle with her bf or not, but I wonder.

I knew something was up with the blonde male cop that was with Van Pelt at the witness' house the first time they showed him. But I was surprised that the girl killed her father. She kind of had to. It was kill or be killed basically. And it wasn't pre meditated because he's the one that pulled out the gun.

Who does everyone else think killed the cop? We know it won't be Lisbon, Jane, Cho or Rigsby or Van Pelt, obviously.

Last edited:
There's spoilers in this for anyone who hasn't gotten this episode yet where they're from, so don't read if you don't want to know.

I was thinking, now that Grace is engaged to her boyfriend (I did not see that coming in this episode AT ALL) he just might be the killer. It doesn't make sense for her to get married yet, they obviously aren't done with the Rigsby/Grace stuff. Something must happen to make it so she doesn't marry him. And I agree with you about what he was saying too, the whole "I'm your friend" thing. Plus they haven't introduced any other new characters lately and I think the killer will be someone we know. It won't be Jane, Cho, Rigsby, Lisbon, or Grace because it just can't be. I highly doubt Hightower, and I also doubt that it's LaRoche (the guy actually working on that case). It's weird... The only thing I wouldn't like if it is Grace's boyfriend, that is that she had another boyfriend who turned out to be crazy and tried to kill her and Jane. I don't want Grace to turn into the one-who's-boyfriend-is-almost-always-a-bad-guy.

^It happens to the best of us, GNRF. :lol:

Oh I felt soooo sorry for Rigsby when Grace held up her hand showing him the ring. :( Rigsby is such a doll and doesn't deserve to have his heart broken. But I'm pretty sure her fiance is a baddie though.

What is the name of the big mean and weird bald guy who has been bugging the members of the CBI? I just know he's going to end up doing something bad at the end of the season.

Lmao, GNRF. Yes she did, at the end of the episode she walks in and Rigsby says something about hearing the good news (talking about her being cleared for not protecting the family in the beginning) and she's all like "you heard already?" and then when he tells her what he means, she says her news is different and shows him the ring and says her boyfriend asked her to marry him. :p

And HnStetlerfan, his name is LaRoche. :)

I never suspected the daughther to kill the father.What is wrong with TV? First CSI and now the mentalist.But at least in this case it was self defense.Would a DA press charges against the girl? I would have liked it better for Lisbon to find another way to save her instead of keeping quiet.Last episode we saw how good she was with politics.

I did not recall much about VP boyfriend becouse the storyline bores me but after reading the posts I agree that he may be the killer.

When the hit woman went into the room that they had labeled as the CBI Director's, I thought nope, it's not him, that's too easy. Not buying it. And then Van Pelt invited Craig to go to Hightower's with her and I knew for sure then it was him (even though I suspected that a long time ago lol).

That ending though... I hope that really was Red John. I wonder what will happen to Patrick though.

I am in total shock becouse I never expected jane to shoot RJ:confused:. To me it has to be him becouse Jane has to know when someone is lying.But I was so sure that this would happen at the end of the show.If it is,I am not sure that the whole web of RJ ends there and I want to see what happens to Jane afterwards.This is a season finale that can not wait until the summer.

Lisbon in that pink dress was so cute!:) And Van Pelt is an idiot!

Okay I saw everything coming up until the very end. WTF, I have a hard time believing that was the real Red John. It just seems so sudden for them to be done with this storyline already (well it has been three seasons but it still seems like it was so far away!) And for some reason, when it did come around, I sort of had a feeling Jane wouldn't actually kill Red John. But hey, I guess that's wrong (unless that's not really him :shifty:). I just wonder if it was him (even if it wasn't, Jane killed someone), what will happen to Jane? o_O

Just... whoa.

Thanks for pointing me to this thread GNRF!

I enjoyed the episode a lot, I liked all the twists and turns because I hadn't had my mind set on a certain person being the mole. I did consider LaRoche at one point, but it suits me perfectly that it was O'Laughlin (sp?)

I thought Van Pelt was being way too naive at the end when she told him he was a suspect, and then they let him off the hook. I was thinking "shut up!" :lol:

I really didn't think that Jane would kill RJ though, in spite of the times he said he would. When the shots went off, I thought maybe someone had come back to rescue Jane, and maybe it was another person who killed him. When he took the smoking gun out of his pocket I was a little stunned. :wtf:

Here is an article I read elsewhere on another board, but only after the finale aired. Thought it was very interesting! I don't see any way at all around a murder charge for Jane, it was indeed premeditated, and this article discusses it. Sorry if it's been read before, or I shouldn't post it here.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mentalist-Season-Finale-1033336.aspx

Thanks for that link ladybronco!

I thought they were going to end with the bang bang bang but when the camera pulled back to revel Jane with the smoking gun....OMG:eek: I couldnt believe it. I cannot wait for fall.

Ooh thanks for that link! That was really interesting to hear that the original idea was for Jane to shoot Red John in the back. I'm SO glad Simon knows his character so well, haha. I definitely agree with him when he said that shooting Red John in the back wouldn't have been fulfilling enough for Jane, and love that it was his idea for Red John to describe how Jane's wife and daughter smelled.

"I wanted the audience to still think in that moment that, despite all Jane's talk, he just can't kill Red John. But then he does!"
Ah, exactly what it was like, for me at least. I just wasn't expecting it, at all.

Also I'm really excited and slightly scared for next season now. :lol: Jane WILL be tried in court and there WILL be consequences, eh? Can't wait to see how this works. I STILL somehow don't think that he killed the REAL Red John... I've been seeing a lot of stuff on Tumblr about how people think "Red John" is sort of a whole network of people who work under the same alias. That would be really interesting, imo. Who knows how this will play out.

Thanks for the link,labybronco.I was so sure that Jane would not be able to kill RJ and then he did exactly that:wtf:.So glad that it will not be a dream .It would be interesting to see Lisbon reaction becouse he told her so many time that he would do it.

Back