The Mentalist

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Missing, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

I watched a bit of this last night but turned back over to CSI while it was on a break and i wasnt keen on it

2. Kardalan1907

Kardalan1907 Civilian

[SPAM]

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2011
  3. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Awesome finale! I really enjoyed the two hours.

TNT will be airing back-to-back The Mentalist repeats every Wednesday night starting June 1, 7/6c.

4. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

It's definitely a unique show. Quite different from most crime drama shows that are out there. I started watching it because it followed CSI, and now it's one of my favorites. This is the first season I've watched from the September premier on though, and my first summer cliffie, but I'm really looking foward to the next season :)

If it's on TNT, I'm hoping it will be the first 2 seasons, because those are the ones I'm sketchy on, and need to catch up with. I've seen portions of both seasons, but need to see them all so I'm caught up entirely before September. :cool:

Should be pretty easy for me since I crammed 10 years of CSI into less than 2 months. :lol:

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  5. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

TNT will start with the pilot episode June 1 7pm.

6. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Thanks Geeno, that's great to hear!
    I'll have to program my dvr in case it doesn't automatically record like it does on CBS.

I think I've seen the first 3 episodes of Season 1 and a handful of late S2 episodes and all of S3. Enough to know what's going on, but it will definitely be fun to see it all, especially if it's in order.

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ok, I think I've figured it out.

First off, I don't think that guy was really Red John. He plays mind games and it wouldn't be surprising if Red John gave that guy details knowing that Patrick would ask.

Also, it could be plausible that he didn't really shoot the guy; was only imagininig it. So it could play out at the beginning of next season that we'll see Patrick shoot 'Red John' and then all of sudden we'll be back to the present and it was really only Patrick thinking about it.

Shows have done that before. Then Patrick doesn't get charged with murder and the Red John storyline would continue. Of course, if it is real then they'll find out that the guy was really Red John.

Those are my thoughts.

8. luf100

luf100 Coroner

In the article that ladybronco posted, Bruno Heller says: "Patrick has just murdered a man in cold blood in front of hundreds of people and next season he will be tried in court," creator Bruno Heller tells us. "We won't dodge any issues. Patrick won't wake up and discover it was all a dream. There will be consequences."

So whether or not it was the real Red John isn't known yet, but apparently he really DID kill someone. :/ I'm really interested to see how they get Jane out of this one.

Do you think they would ever do something like, Jane is put in jail and then it goes to "so many years later" when he gets out? I mean for murder you would think he'd get a life sentence, but it is a TV show. Gah, I can't wait for season four. :lol:

9. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

OMG don't pull a "Dallas" opening scene part way through Patrick opens the shower door, walks out and finds a note slipped under his door from red john and realizing it was just a dream. :lol: Yeah okay I did make that up. :D :p

10. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

OMG, Dallas, I remember that. Now I feel really old :scream: :lol:

Out of all of my shows (besides CSI) the season premieres I'm most looking forward to is The Mentalist and NCIS LA. They had the most intriguing story lines, NCIS and Criminal Minds were good, but more of a *thinking* finale.

I was watching last night's rerun which was pretty early in the season, and there was a scene (I'm ad-libbing now) where Jane was trying to sell Lisbon on the fact that he really would take his revenge and kill RJ. I find that extra interesting now that we assume he really did it.

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Yep know the age feeling, remember the eps of Dallas well, ouch. :lol:

As to the show, honestly and sadly the last time I watched it, Bosco died, RJ had Jane tied to a chair, and the two love birds, weren't love birds yet that I knew about. But I just wanted to comment cause I read that and thought of Dallas. :D :p

12. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I found a link on EW showing a promo for The Mentalist. This is the first I've seen of one, and haven't caught any on t.v. yet.

The Mentalist Season 4 Promo

13. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Wow haven't posted here in a while.
    Just started season two here.
    Dunno why but it kinda felt way different from first season. Like darker. At least Patrick seemed more snappier than usual.

14. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

WOW I've been gone so long time and nobody had posted anything :eek:

Ok well I'm currently on season 3 episode 8 (next week).

For a while now I've been bugged by one thing- where does Jane actually lives when he's not out helping on cases? I recently saw episode where he started to hang out in the CBI attic learned that his old house was actually in Malibu and it's quite far from Sacramento...
    So I'm guessing where does Patrick Jane lives when he's not on his couch. Or he's actually spending all his time on that couch, or rents a room in hotel :confused:

15. luf100

luf100 Coroner

In most of season four, he sleeps in the attic of the CBI like you saw in that episode. I think there is one episode in season three where he has a hotel room that he sometimes goes to, but mostly he's at the CBI. I don't think he goes to his actual house much anymore. I don't remember them saying it was in Malibu but wherever it is, he rarely goes there.