9x06 - "Reality Kills" - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Nov 5, 2010.

1. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Here (WTVR - Richmond, VA area) was right on time. It didn't even occur to me that some areas would be half an hour behind. I wonder why they drag it out so much in certain areas, but not others.

2. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Really? Wow, I loved the episode! My thoughts on it are posted waaaay back near the beginning of the thread since I saw it last week. They were sort of overlooked because of CBS not airing it. :lol:

I watched it again this week though. I did really like it, and I'm not really a fan of the "reality show" episodes. The only part I thought was dumb was H with that machine gun. Other than that, loved it!

Totally copying and pasting my other post. From last week:

That episode was actually better than I was expecting it to be. The beginning was interesting, Eric being there for "crowd control" and then the guy who he thought did the shooting only had a pellet gun.

I really liked how all of the people from "The Boroughs" ended up being completely different from the people they played on the show. Like "Guns" being really religious and a future priest, the victim having a husband in real life and being pregnant, the killer having a fake accent and being from somewhere else where she didn't even have a social life or anything like that.

I liked the murder weapon. A piece of ice from the ice sculpture of the Statue of Liberty. So the murder weapon had melted.

Glad they had Calleigh helping out Tom in the morgue. It was an easy way to get her more involved in the episode but still being able to hide Emily's baby bump.

The episode started off with a lot of Eric but he really wasn't seen a ton in this episode. I would say there was definitely a lot more Natalia, Ryan and Walter in this episode. *Ryan looks sooooo good in white.* :D

I liked how Horatio sort of had this separate case from the others involving the kid in the hospital. I thought it was a little stupid how he brought that huge machine gun into that restaurant and went "This is my warrant!" and then shot the ceiling and all of the drugs fell through. :lol: I was sort of like "wtf?" but then it sort of got better after he brought them into the hospital and it showed the doctors figuring out what kind of drug it was and how they ended up saving the kid because of that. Was a pretty nice scene, and before the commercial I loved how H like squeezed his nose because he thought the kid was going to die.

Uuuhmmm, there was probably more I wanted to say but forgot to. :lol: Oh well, I thought it was an awesome episode, aside from the whole Horatio-shooting-the-ceiling-with-machine-gun part.

3. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

CBS treats this show like an unwanted guest--move it to compete with Sunday football (on 2 networks), get rid of new plot ideas, don't give it any time slot protection...what a cop out (pun intended). Sorry, this was an average episode with some decent plot twists, which lost all relevance about a year ago. CBS simply does not care any longer.

4. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

Totally agree. I thought this episode was great. Not necessarily a great one following "Sleepless in Miami" but definitely worthy for Season 9.

Ryan was tremendously hot (he made up for his stop-slide...yay!) Though, I thought it was weird how he just suddenly showed up in the lab to show the footage of Courtney holding her stomach... o_O...

Horatio with the machine gun made me laugh so hard. When did he get all tough like that? He's always killing em with his words, so the machine gun was like cheating, lol.

The real back stories to the reality actors were stunning. I was completely shocked with all four of them! And Shea? She was a geek? How sad.

Overall, a great 8 outta 10.

5. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

;)Can't help wondering if Nielsen has a special category for the floating time slot. It's gotta be worthy of a huge handicap. We did see tonight's episode at the scheduled time, but most of the midwest ran later. I recorded it, but my cable company has it labeled "Blood Sugar", so that's what shows up on my dvd schedule.

Not a great episode; average at best. It seems Ryan and Eric chasing down a suspect every week has replaced the nauseating nomance of previous seasons. I hope Jon and Adam spent some conditioning time over the summer for the additional activity.

:scream:A plea to David Caruso: Enough with the whispering, please.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  6. Turbidblue

Turbidblue Witness

I enjoyed Reality Kills, but saw it last week. Were they not allowed to send Blood Sugar in Canada? :S

7. Vikki Roxx

Vikki Roxx Dead on Arrival

So when will they air "Blood Sugar" ? It seems now the next ep is "On the Hook". So what happened to "BS"?

8. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I enjoyed the episode, but along with others, seen it last week, online. I actually thought this was the best 'reality' show case we'd seen... and as GG said, def on par with season 9! I can't imagine they'll (the writers) will ever make EVERY single one of us happy, but for the most part, everyone seems to be in agreement that season 9 is quite possibly, one of the best seasons.

I do think they will be allowed some sort of 'handicap' for being the 'floating time slot'. I don't think it'd be fair to say "oh, this is how it is..." with it not being the shows fault. My guess is with the numbers they've been pulling, CBS has to find it at least slightly impressive. I'm not sure on Cold Cases numbers, but I doubt they were that high... ? Could be wrong, though. Wouldn't be the first time.

Anyway, I agree with Luf's post, and the thought that Ryan is extremely hot in white! What? You didn't think I'd go through the whole post and not mention how hot he was, did you? teehee.

8 out of 10 for me as well!

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I kept expecting someone to tell the girl who killed Courtney that Courtney was leaving the show because she was pregnant and not only had she killed Courtney, but her unborn child as well. I bet that would have made her feel really bad... but no one ever told her. The girl's motive was totally stupid. I just don't understand these people. She thinks if Courtney leaves her own career will be over. Hey, dumb girl, don't you think if you kill someone there's a possibility of getting caught and then your career and your life will be over? Stupid girl lol.

10. luf100

luf100 Coroner

^ Yea I thought that maybe if Courtney had told her to begin with that she was pregnant, Shea (or whatever her name was) might have had second thoughts, but seeing as she killed her that way anyway, I doubt it. It would've been nice to see someone tell her she killed an unborn child too, and had (most likely) ruined Courtney's husband's life. His wife and unborn child gone. :( At least it would have made her feel a little worse.

The sad thing is that even in real life people kill for stupid reasons like this. :/

11. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

I thought this episode was good...it was kind of funny to...I love when ryan tell shea to drop the act because i hate the way she was talking lol.... I give this episode an 8 :)

12. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

This may sound weird but shouldn't a female officer have searched that girl? I was under the impression that in the US and Canada, only female officers search female suspects. What's strange is that there was a female officer standing behind Ryan too.

13. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

Yeah, that's usually how it goes (Natalia really should have been doing that)...but I guess for sake of humor?

14. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

For the sake of Paw-rape! LOL.

Yeah, it was kinda strange, but funny, nothingless! I wouldn't have complained... Just sayin!

15. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I guess you guys are right that it was for humour. Ah well.