Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Oh boy here we go again...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You know these writers just... yikes; the inconsistencies are just horrible and cringeworthy.

The end of Time Bomb in no way gave the impression of a break up. The season finale nor the season premier and not even the first scene they shared in last night's episode gave the impression of them not being together. This last scene is totally, astoninshingly out of the blue :rolleyes:. I really don't get why these writers feel the need to confuse their audience with scenes like this one, like the one in Bad Seed, and in Bolt Action. Conversations that are either crypted or which one have to interpret as best as one can.

If this is a continuation of what happened in Time Bomb (which frankly would be the only thing that makes a glimmer of sense) then it was very poorly written and done. The only thing that gives me hope is that in both scenes that Eric and Cal shared last night it was obvious that they still had feelings for each other and that they are obviously NOT just friends. Especially that first scene where they were all smiles and eye flirting and what not.

And I won't even comment on the new ME because I don't want to get all worked up over something that may not even happen like with Tara. But if they decide that either Cal or Eric will date someone else then I will just join Delquense on that Miami hiatus.

2. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

^^ 100% agreed!

That's the only thing that I could think of that might explain the very odd, totally unexpected interaction between the two. But like you said, their behaviour in that last scene of Time Bomb gave no indication that they would take time off from each other in order to work on their trust issues :eek:

And if they do decide to make them see others, I'll join you and Delquesne on that hiatus. Like all of you hiphuggers, I've been a very patient fan; but even my tolerance has its limits... and I think I'm quickly reaching the end of it :scream:

3. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

Take two steps forward, three steps back. Darn writers can't make up their mind and it's really confusing the he-double hockey sticks out of me...:scream: They should stick to one story and stay with it. I'm getting rather old of all this are they or aren't they. I know it's TV but seriously the writers need to really stop all this junk and either make them a couple or break them up for good.

With that said I'm really hoping that out fave couple gets a break and can just be a couple already.

4. Hallie

Hallie Dead on Arrival

This is worse then a soap opera i really didn't see that coming it felt more like i missed an episode to what happened. I don't know what is up with the writers maybe they are testing the audience to see which way to go but i remember that they said that the end of last season when caleigh was in the hospital and seeing that ghost. This would set the stage of how their relationship would go but anyways this was so confusing even if they intended to break them up i don't get it the scene seemed so out of place. It made no sense maybe this is just a set up to something else and we will make some sense of this. As for the new me i really hope she is not sticking around i hated her when she was on criminal minds to replace jj i hope she is gone. What happened to the other me from last season?

5. yen35

yen35 Witness

I can't even begin to say how frustrated I feel. I only started watching CSIM because of EC even though I watched the other 2 CSI's from the start. Having said that, I now much enjoy CSIM more than the other 2 CSIs or any other tv show on at the moment (except for Grey's) because the cases, the team and the scenery are so good not to mention EC's explosive chemistry. Like I said on the general thread, I understand of course that couples go through highs and lows, but WTH was that in the locker room? Are we just supposed to infer that they've broken up (yes, I already did infer that, thanks writers or no thanks). But seriously, do these writers want us to go on a course where we learn how to decrypt vague clues? And why? How can they end up being fine at the end of 8-23 and then have yesterday's scene? I first thought I missed an episode. In Grey's and other shows I watch, if couples break up, there is always a well explained reason. Its so odd that the writers wrote the rest of the episode so well and then had this crappy scene at 37 minutes. Why they had that scene is anybody's guess. The ep was just fine without it. So after everything E and C have been through, they are back to being just friends? What rubbish!
    I hate the thought of stopping watching the show cos I really love everything about it but if E or C date other people, definitely I won't bother watching cos I don't think I can take any more stress after Bad Seed.
    Oh is this new M.E. the one who replaced JJ in criminal minds when she went on maternity leave? I was wondering why she looked so familiar but I couldn't place her. She's just fine so long as she just sticks to examining dead bodies.

About EC going on a 'journey', didn't this producer dude say the exact same thing during the course of season 8? Maybe he thinks that journey wasn't long enough? My dear fellow, I think that was quite enough, so why put these two and us through more stress?
    Does anyone know how to write to the writers and say that they did a really bad job with that last scene which is a shame cos the rest of the episode was good?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  6. vignes[smallgir

vignes[smallgir Hit and Run

oh sweetie ..i just want hug you now...love your point of view ...well said about MR O'BRIAN or O'Brainlees

7. Sab

Sab Witness

coming out of lurkdom to express my anger as well. Why oh why do they have to keep doing this? The episode was great and then the locker scene just made no sense! Why have it? And I choose to think that what she meant by family was how I feel about my husband in our family. LOL He is family to me... :) That's how my shipper head wants to hear it anyway. And yeah I have no words as to this whole trip we're having to endure once again. Hopefully, this time it won't end up with one of the two in the hospital near death and them coming to some realization. As it seems they always go back to that. Maybe these two can have an actual adult moment for once and we can see it. Tired of the cryptic conversations.

8. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Amen to that.
    I see only 2 explanations: either these episodes are aired out of order, what seems likely and we'll see what happened in retrospective or this is pure TPTB provocation to see what the responce from fans will be...to see if there are still hiphugger fans out there. judging by responce and the amount of posts in this thread since the episode aired it's likely the responce is positive:yes, people are still waiting for a EC moment.:adore: i second yen's question: how to e-mail CBS?

9. vignes[smallgir

WELL I JUST WANT POST WANT ADAM TWEET ABOUT E/C MESS since he getting so many tweet about it since sunday {included form me }
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ``~~~~~~~
    [​IMG]

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I was taken-a-back by the last scene on them "being family" like WHAT:wtf: are they rewinding with this couple? I thought they were moving forward and we'd see some sparks and some lovin', what is going on? kinda of a drag:confused:

11. CSI4evr

CSI4evr Rookie

The last episode was just a whirlwind of confusion for us hiphugger fans. Like when in the world did they break up and why??? This just shows that the writers have no idea where they are going with them. Since Adam Rodriguez doesn't seem to know either, it may be a while till we find out since they are probably pretty far in shooting. Who knows what will happen to Calleigh and Eric but I really hope that they get back together and make up soon.

Anyway, does anybody have any spoilers for Calleigh and/or Eric at all, because we haven't gotten any information about them at all.

12. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Can someone tweet Adam and tell him, NO!
    No, we're not enjoying the rest of the episode!
    And we're really fed-up with the constant "are they or aren't they together"!
    And we're very frustrated to always get hit with scenes that just come out of the left field, such as the ones from Bad Seed and Sudden Death (both in the locker-room :rolleyes:)!
    And a lot of us are thinking to go on hiatus until things go back to "normal" with EC!
    Maybe someone should also suggest that he comes and reads this thread and/or go to youtube and watch the EC scene from 9.02 just to read the comments and see how indignant fans are with the turn of events!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  13. electra

electra Pathologist

I am not sure if I am even going to watch the episode.We should have flirty,funny scenes instead fo all this angst.But if they are going to have a break up the writers should do it properly.I am completely sure that E/C are going to be together eventually but there are too many things on TV for me to wait.I am already on hiatus until things change.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

The interesting thing is that both the shippers and non shippers are in agreement on how bad the scene was written. I've read from a lot of non shippers that the scene was poorly written, that it came out of nowhere, and that there should've been a better explanation to what happened. I really am hoping that the writers somehow know how frustrating and confusing this scene was for a lot of people and that somewhere down the road they decide to fix it.

15. vignes[smallgir

~~~
    WELL I &many DID tweet ADAM AND EVEN OMAR MILLER TELLING THAT THE EPISODE WAS GOOD UNTIL THE ENDING SCENE AND TOLD HIM THAT WE ARE ANGRY FOR WHAT THE WRITER DID, SO MOST OF E/C FAN'S DECIDED TO NOT WATCH THE SHow IF E/C NOT TOGETHER
    that why he tweet something related to e/c i guess
    ~~~~
    well i wondering the same thing do anyone know any spoiler :confused::confused::confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.