"Blood Moon" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Wow, so good, I could not have said it better myself. Bravo!

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Exactly, and he's not being shoved down anyones throat, certainly not mine & for the umteenth time, he's the lead on CSI, like it or not. I think he's incredible, and doing a fantastic job in every way, shape and form. He was protecting and defending a girl in peril, wouldn't you want someone to come to your rescue, when some low-life scum bag was harassing you? I sure would. And all of them at one time or another have been angry and run amok with someone, remember Warrick, how mad he'd get? He was in this episode also funny and having a blast going to this wacky convention with Nick and these Vampires and werewolves. This one instance was just that, him being there for someone in need~And don't forget the writers are the ones doing his dialogue and his whole persona, of what they want him to project~

3. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

waiting4summer- Bravo and well said! You took the words right out my mouth.

Desertwind- If a guy was harassing me I'd rather take him down myself rather than let an apparently injured man do it.

Isn't this the third time Ray's attacked a suspect? I mean he shot that guy in 9's finale (granted it was self defense, but he got a lot less repurcussions (sp?) than Greg did) he attacked that guy in Mascara, and now this. When is he going to get more than a slap on the wrist for his actions?

I'm all for continuity, but a cane after apparently five months? Either they could have ditched it and made it more explicit that five months had passed or kept it and made the date more recent. That was just jarring for me.

And enough with the Nick/Ray bromance already! Nick's got other friends that he's been acquainted and working with for years longer; a little more variety is all I ask!

Oh, and the ending could have been a brilliant team moment with all of them watching the film. Alas...:(

4. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I've been silent in regards to this episode. Mainly because I watched it late and my views of it were already slanted because I read other's responses to it. (I wasn't sure if I wanted to watch it but the reviews made me intrigued.)

I liked the episode. I'm not really going to add more to that because pretty much everything has been said. Two points though that were brought up here that I want to add to.

The main one being the Ray/Nick/Werewolves face off. IMO, I found the scene okay. Ray acted in defense of the lady by smacking the guy with the cane. Nick using his gun was 100% okay with me as well. I'm a little unsure about the choking part though. Looking at it from a real life perspective, I think that qualifies as police brutality. There are methods of subduing a belligerent suspect, but strangling him into unconsciousness seems kind of extreme. They really needed some actual police there with them.

As for Ray still using the cane, I'm all for it. It's entirely possible that he doesn't need it anymore. Or he might. I don't know. I've never been shanked and had a kidney removed. But if I had a cane, I would SO keep using it. :lol: Anyone who can rock that stick like LF can sure keep using it.

OH! I also want to add to the Greg screen time complaint. I'm always advocating for more Greggo time, but I actually enjoyed what he got here. Sure, more would have been better. But what he had was memorable. It reminded me of the old days. As for him being back in the lab though...

5. electra

electra Pathologist

Maybe the writers were trying to recreate the "Morpheus"days.JK.:lol: I agree with praetor becouse my only problem was the choking part.But in the heat of the moment,things like that can happen.It did not strike me as if Ray is violent.

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

"If I had a cane..." :guffaw: Keep wishing, Praetor...dreams can come true! :lol:

And well...I don't think he needs it anymore. I've just re-watched the scene with Andy Dick and he has it over his shoulder, he's using it as a pointer...anything but using it for support. The cane may be here to stay. :shifty:

:lol:

7. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I think I've seen too much "House". I've had daydreams of having a cane. And yes, I would smack everything and everyone around me just for the hell of it. :lol:

I think I'll advocate for the legalization of caning.

8. Desertwind

As I recently posted about Ray and the cane, maybe he's using it for a comfort thing, and maybe he uses it for balance, whatever it's his right, And if I was being harassed as a cocktail waitress, I would be deathly afraid to try and take some freak down:eek: And on "someone needs to tell him to knock it off" who would that be. Cath?, who's got her own 'anger issues', or Sara who punched out a girl who was coming at her, does she also have 'anger issues' How about Greg, HMMM, he ran over a guy in a car, and got into his moms face, does he have anger issues? Then there's Brass who's been angry mega times. Does he have 'anger issues'. Nick who's also many times went off on someone with good right:scream: Does he have 'anger issues', yes of course he does. Then there's the big dog Ecklie who's also always angry at someone. Does he have 'anger issues'? They all at one time or another have showed their angry side not just him. How I look at his presence is he's brought a calmness and a more relazed atmosphere and there's no inter work-place feuding amonst them like there used to be. He's brought class, style and elgance to the team, and they are all proud of him, and like his whole personailty:bolian:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  9. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

:rolleyes: I don't think Greg's behavior in Fannysmacking was the result of anger issues. In fact Greg has to be the most laid back character of the show. He's raised his voice once, maybe twice in ten seasons? Maybe if he was allowed to have more anger issues he'd get more screen time.

10. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I agree, most of the time it seemed more of a prop than actual necessity. When he got it, he was very touched and impressed, saying "it's beautiful" - so he probably keeps using it as a tribute to his friendship with Doc Robbins, and just to be cool. :)

The whole episode, not just the confrontation with the werewolves.. Where were the cops?!?! Just totally did not seem right for the CSIs to be doing all the interviews and bringing in suspects and everything by themselves, with no uniformed officers or detectives in sight. :brickwall:

About Greg - Fannysmackin' was out of desperation to save a man's life, nothing to do with anger. With the mom, he wasn't angry, he was standing up for himself. He controlled himself very well, showing great maturity, in all of his encounters with the James family.

11. Washington Pride

Washington Pride Rookie

If I was in Raymond's place I would have given that guy a sharp whap on the back of the head with my cane. I think Ray has a real problem with people who disrespect woman and children. He did the right thing by giving that guy a lesson in respect, and Nick was right to back him up. Raymond is just a big guy so when he does play rough with a suspect it seems like a lot more then it was. He shows more control then people give him credit for.

12. Desertwind

That's not quite true, Greg has gotten ticked off many times, at someone that he was not pleased with. He's gotten angry when Cath told him to go to a crime scene and argued with her, about going but Nick stepped in, and many other times, He's just Greg, and that's fine. But on the police being at the outside cafe, maybe Nick and Ray didn't feel the need for them to be on the scene although it would have been great if Brass was there. I think they didn't realize it would have gone so sour and didn't expect that confrontation to happen. If they did then Nick would have called for police back-up~

13. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

There's a big difference between being sulky and snippy with friends/co-workers, and getting in the face of someone you hardly know. Yes, Greg has physically pushed Nick out of his lab.. out of frustration maybe, but not in an violent or intimidating way.

At the cafe - they were going to confront a murder suspect (who thinks he's a werewolf, was involved in a brutal decapitation, and had a previous record for assault). Of course they should have brought police with them! Overall, I did like this episode.. but the total lack of police presence in bringing in suspects and interrogations was just so wrong. :brickwall:

14. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

After what had just happened between them and Jekyll, one would think that if there was anyone that was needing a little assistance from the police, they would. I don't care how big or intimidating you might appear to come across, proper procedure is to have an officer present. And as I do recall, yes Ray and Nick do work for the police department, but they are not cops (do correct me if I am wrong though).

And there is a difference between getting pissed off over a case and endangering the life of another human being. Sure, it was wonderful that Ray stepped in to calm the situation, but the grip on the throat...personally speaking, was one step to far.

15. Desertwind

I remember when Warrick did this many times, put choke holds on perps, and throwing them up against a wall "You think this is funny"?, and many times when they were all in some kind of predicament and there was no police officers present. Why was this different? My take they were just cruising and came upon these creeps, and it went south. Ray put his cane on the guys neck because of the way he was treating the girl. Showing this guy who was in charge, maybe it was a bit over the line, but it was one scene amonst many, then there were Ray scenes that were delightful and funny:lol: the writers are the ones to hold this scene accountable, not the characters who portrayed it:confused: