Grissom and Sara; #35 Forever Together, Never Apart

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by HellsBells, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Well the tiny little tid-bits that they throw at fans like a tiny bone, is not very much for fans to grab onto. Lets face it, half the couple of this marriage is gone. [Grissom] aka William Petersen. And he's the one who said he'd do a CSI movie. But it seems he changes his mind like the wind. A big disappointment. He apparently got a better offer to do a big screen movie with bigger stars, and grabbed it in stead of sticking with the CSI movie.:( that he said he'd do. It's very difficult to keep pretending that this couple is still viable. I guess when he said "I can't take Grissom any furthur" he really meant it. So, if he does [which seems a far stretch now] come back for a 'guest' spot, that will be incredible, but he won't be returning permanently. There are actually fan-sites that still promote GSR, and aren't caught up with what's going on since he left in S/9:rolleyes:I just realize that we've got other cast members who are still a valid, and doing fabulous new things on CSI & that have caught up and are moving on. I wished things would have turned out differently , but whinning and complaining doesn't do anything, or change anything. I still love this picture with them [below] and will always remember the days when they were both still on the show[​IMG]

2. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Just because Grissom is not onscreen, it doesn't mean that they are not a 'viable' couple. Many off-screen scenarios exist that would make sense. In CSI time they have only been apart for 9 months, and even then it's implied that they have been seeing each other.
    I'm not giving up. We got spoiled seeing them every week, and then the 'happy ending'; now we just have to take what we can get. Better that than having them split up, which would be unconscionable, IMO. Besides, I like having Jorja back on the show, so I guess I'm willing to accept the tidbits, and have faith that they are a happily married couple, off-screen.

3. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

Yes, Grissom is no longer in the show...ONSCREEN. He is still "there" offscreen. TPTB have gave us some little tidbits of info, having Sara explain that he is teaching in Paris while she helps their friends. Remember Sara isn't a typical women, she can't handle being idle....she's a wife now yes, but she isn't a "housewifey" person. She can't sit in the house all day. Her character just isn't like that, and clearly TPTB made Grissom as a man who understands that.

So Grissom is still "there" in a way. We have Sara's comments to look forward too...and it is implied that Sara does still see him. So all we have to do is wait for a week where TPTB allow us another little glimpse into this situation.

Another thing, WP hasn't confirmed nor denied a CSI movie is in the works...only implied that there might be one, one day. Until then, he cannot just not accept other movie deals. CSI is not his full life anymore. He is still involved, and he will come back to CSI when he is ready to. Until then we just have to be patient and keep the faith in the GSR relationship.

This couple is still VERY viable, for all the reasons I explained above. Just because WP isn't physically on the show anymore, doesn't mean that Grissom has disappeared. He is still mentioned and talked about. TPTB will give us more info into the GSR situation...we just have to wait for it.

Yes, we do have great cast members left, who deserve a lot more airtime than they are getting. CSI is moving on...but some people just haven't taken to LF being the "head man" of the show...they believe Grissom was the man...the only man to be considered "alpha male" of the CSI franchise. And no one is whining or complaining Desert, just expressing their hopes and wishes.

I completely agree with everything you said here. I will wait and accept the little bits on info we get about GSR...we will get them eventually. They can't just leave that hanging as it wouldn't make any sense. They have to explain the GSR living arrangement...or people will just be confused as to why Sara is in Vegas while her husband remains in France.

From the info we have been given already it is clear they are happily married. Sara has said so herself. She gushes when she can...like the comment about her honeymoon...teasing Greg in Long Ball...and the comments in Family Affair...well...GSR is still alive.

Plus, the whole GSR relationship has been kind of offscreen for the entire series...like in Season 6...and Season 7 in a way. We never saw how they got together, nor how their relationship was like away from work. We never saw them date etc etc...that was all offscreen. The only difference now is that WP has left the show.

Sorry for the huge rant, I just had express my own thoughts ;)

4. Desertwind

Another thing, WP hasn't confirmed nor denied a CSI movie is in the works...only implied that there might be one, one day. Until then, he cannot just not accept other movie deals. CSI is not his full life anymore. He is still involved, and he will come back to CSI when he is ready to. Until then we just have to be patient and keep the faith in the GSR relationship.

Yes, we do have great cast members left, who deserve a lot more airtime than they are getting. CSI is moving on...but some people just haven't taken to LF being the "head man" of the show...they believe Grissom was the man...the only man to be considered "alpha male" of the CSI franchise. And no one is whining or complaining Desert, just expressing their hopes and wishes.

I guess you didn't read the news about WP making a new movie MissMurder instead of the CSI movie, here's the link.[below] And on 'some people' who haven't taken to LF being the "head man" many have:bolian: me included. He's a magnificent actor with style, class and elegance. I love him, and am thrilled he's the "lead", the show is different now. There will never be another Grissom, but I'm very happy TPTB choose him and that he accepted the role as Dr. Langston. And in real life Billy is married, not to Sara but to Gina.This is in reference to OFF-SCREEN.. I hope there will be a few hints and clues about Grissom from Sara in the upcoming episodes. I had hopes and wishes as well, but the chances are soo very slim at this point, it's hard to keep the faith. Me, who was the biggest GSR fan ever, but I try to face reality, about what is happening, and what's not happening:confused:

http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?p=1092757#post1092757

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Desertwind said, "And in real life Billy is married, not to Sara but to Gina."

LOL! I'm pretty sure we all know that! And, I'm not sure what that has to do with this discussion.
    Moving on...

WP doing another movie doesn't mean he wouldn't do a CSI movie. After all, LF has several projects going on. Billy has said in other interviews that it's CBS who won't allow a movie as long as the TV show is still filming. And, since they have the rights to all things CSI, then it's their decision, not WP's. And, FWIW, most of the buzz recently has been about a 2hr TV movie, as in a 2-episode CSI; not out of the realm of possibility if tptb wanted to do it. But, like has been stated earlier, at least at this point in time it seems to be a no-go.

As GSR fans, I think we are realistic about WP not being a regular anymore; but, I don't think there is any harm in hoping Grissom will make a guest appearance some day. Personally, I think he's holding out in deference to LF.

6. Desertwind

I think LF has nothing at all to do with WP coming back one way or another. he stated [repeats line] "I can't take Grissom any furthur" he's done!!!, even if he does decide to come back for a 'guest' appearance or two, then what? I so wished he hadn't said that, because that's so not the case. we could have seen them in their condo, doing what newlyweds do and with Hank. I just think he was done so he could do his plays in Chicago, but he's done with those too. And BTW he had a hand in the selection of Laurence Fishburne.:bolian: I don't know what to do with all the GSR collages/wallpaers, photos all around my computer. It's weird. So many of them together, and now it's only one half of the couple Sara~

TOGETHER FOREVER

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  7. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

he never said such a word. lol.

anyway, i'm glad WP is staying away from CSI at this point since the show became really bad. i'm happy he is doing what he wants to do, and i can't wait to see him in Detachment! finally something new other than CSI that i could enjoy, since i wouldn't travel to Chicago to see his plays.

anyways, i'm interested how TPTB will resolve GSR next season. they obviously had enough time to figure it all out and i'm sure it's going to be something unexpected.

and honestly, i think WP might be back for the season finale. if CM is begging him to come back as much as it sounds from the articles, i think he'll relent if they give him a good script to work with, and the moment seems right.

8. MissMurder

Desert, you've misunderstood me.

I know full well that Billy is making another movie. I meant that Billy cannot just refuse other movie deals in regards to CSI. It's not his life anymore. From what he said, he didn't say there WILL be a CSI movie...he IMPLIED that there MIGHT be one, ONE day. As I said in my previous post, CSI is not his life anymore, he cannot just drop everything for CSI now. So he isn't "changing his mind like the wind" as you put it. He's accepting other deals getting away from CSI at the moment. Just because the CSI movie idea seems to have collapsed at the moment doesn't mean there will never be one.

By OFF-SCREEN I mean when the screen fades to black. The background story y'know? We never saw Grissom and Sara date during the show, but it's IMPLIED that they obviously dated away from work, right? That's what I mean by off screen. Not Billy being married to Gina in real life....I know that full well too....Sara is a character, not a real person.

There is no harm in wanting Billy to return as a guest star. It would give us a deeper insight into the GSR relationship now. But, we do realize Billy does not wish to do this at this time. So we are writing down our thoughts and wishes about what we would like to see or hear about GSR in the coming season. We are not whining nor complaining about Billy's absence.

But yes, I am very interested to see how they will resolve the GSR puzzle of their living arrangements next season. I hope it's done in good way, with a believeable storyline.

9. Desertwind

NO problem MissMurder people are misunderstood all the time. I hope this happens too.. and I found the actual "quote" that Billy said about "he couldn't take Grissom any furthur" it was in fact "there was nothing more I could do" pretty much means the same thing:rolleyes: So sorry for the mis-quote. I am so glad that we've got Sara here, and maybe she will make mention of her hubby in S/11[​IMG] And the show is now so fantastic that it couldn't get any better.. thank's writers for Laurence Fishburne joining the cast~

http://www.csifiles.com/content/2009/11/petersen-there-was-nothing-more-i-could-do

http://www.csifiles.com/news/150306_01.shtml

[​IMG]

10. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

^^^^^
    I'm sorry, DW, but I am NOT a fan of LF's role on the show, so PLEASE stop bringing him up on this thread. :rolleyes:

I watched some old episodes recently and I seriously miss the good ole days. I can't help it; Jorja and Billy were so great together.
    Since it appears WP will not make an appearance any time soon, some mentions of him and their life together is an absolute must for me to remain interested in the show. I am looking forward to see what the new season will bring for Sara and Grissom. I hope he moves back to Vegas, or at least closer than Paris. I don't need to hear about him every week, but it's seriously unbelievable to not have him referred to now and then by all the characters, and not just Sara, since he was a colleague and friend to them all.

11. Desertwind

Uh, jtd this is not the GSR show, it's CSI, and Grissom offered LF/Langston the job, and Sara works with him, so he's an integral part of both of them. And they've both been extremly close to all members of the team. Hodges watched them kiss, Nick, Greg, Cath, and all the rest of the team has at one time or another been a part of both of & worked closely with them. So If I raved about say Nick, how great he was with them or who realized they were a couple first?, was it Greg or who? was it Brass or Doc or both, and their all great actors, LF is just the newest member of CSI, and I was complimenting that aspect of him, & that would also be a part of GSR. Sara even talked about Grissom to Ray. I was reiterating how great he was on CSI, as the rest of the team is, especially Sara, thinks so too. For someone who doesn't care for him that's their business, but not to tell another fan what to say on him or anyone who's worked with this couple, is a bit over the line .. thank's! Here's a article about them from Carol Mendelsohn, to be safe, I'll put it in a spoiler box:bolian:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  12. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Desertwind, it may not be the GSR show, but this is the GSR thread. As your original comment didn't connect LF/Ray to GSR, I can see why people who aren't fans of LF/Ray may not see its place here.

From the article:
    I don't think it matters whether or not WP comes back on the show - we can still get an explanation or progression of the relationship through Sara's comments. While I'm one of those who does understand and accept them being on different continents, I would like to see them come back together at some point too - long distance relationships work, but not indefinitely. We don't need to actually see Grissom on screen (after all, it's not the GSR show :), and he's no longer a CSI), but just some mention that he's back in Vegas, maybe teaching at the university or something.

13. MissMurder

No, it is not the GSR show...however this thread is about GSR, not LF...and I have to admit, you seem to bring him up in every post. Yes Langston has interacted with both Grissom and Sara...yes, he gets on well with Sara...but he has nothing to do with their romantic relationship, which is what this thread is about.

I respect that you are a fan of his character and of the actor, but he really isn't the topic this thread is about. That is reserved for the LF threads in the CSI section of these boards. You have to respect that some people don't like his character and do not want to hear about him when they come to the thread they find comfort in. People here, who post in the GSR thread want to talk about GSR...not Ray Langston.

Please don't take that as an insult to you, because that is not my intention...I'm just trying to convey a point. You like LF, others don't...and this thread should hold conversations about GSR, Grissom and Sara.

Hi, and welcome to the thread! If you aren't new here...welcome anyway, lol...I haven't seen you post before ;)

I agree with you. WP doesn't need to come back for TPTB to add some little hints to GSR and where Grissom is now. All they have to do is have Sara mention that Grissom is say...now living back in their condo, teaching at UNLV or something :). We don't need to see Grissom on screen to have a hint of GSR on the show... I would settle for Sara talking about him, or Catherine asking about where he is now, or asking about if Sara ever wants a family ;);) You know, typical girl talk about the men in their lives, LOL. That would be quite funny and nice to see.

Does everyone have any theories...or anything they would like to see included in Season 11 about GSR, Grissom or Sara? Like Grissom moving back to Vegas, or say a pregnant Sara? Lol, that is likely NOT to happen, but I suppose we fans can dream.

Any thoughts?

14. Desertwind

Hi MissMurder good to see you on here:bolian: And on my posts, I understand I guess, where you're coming from but, once again, it's my choice to talk about a character that is bonded with the team and Sara [go read her comments about him] on the Jorja/ Passionate thread. I've been on this board for 5 years, and there was a time where nobody was even posting on here, except me. I would ask "where is everybody"? so what this means is I'm a hard-core GSR fan.. and to me it does show a lack of respect not only to me but to Jorja/Sara, for me to compliment a character, as she does, and get negative comments.:(, I really don't think she'd appreciated any intolerant remarks about him, and it would disturb her. If for instance someone on here loved a certain character, and said as much, I would never say anything derogatory about such character. I realize that there's a LF thread, and do post on there of course. so does this mean I can't say anything about him or Nick, Cath, Greg etc.? or it might offend another fan..Maybe fans should pay attention to what their views are and not concentrate so much on what another fans says. And on GSR, their has certainly not always been "romantic", quite the opposite, only the die-hard fans saw this from the beginning, me being one of them. An on the romance part of them there were a few scant moments , but mostly it was them working on cases with the other team members. But since the other half of this character Grissom is no longer on CSI, she has made references to him with certain team members in S/10, and according to CM, she will discuss this long distance marriage with someone in S/11. I wonder what team mate she'll confide in?[​IMG] a few from season10~

Sara to Greg in "Long Ball" pertaining to their long distance romance, when he asked about it. ""So far so good"
    To Ecklie: Sara: "Dr. Grissom sends his regards"
    From Sara to Ray: "While on our honeymoon, we looked for bugs in a canoe"

From days gone by~ When Grissom asked Sara to spy on Warrick to see if he was still gambling. She said something to the effect of "he's your favorite" [hardly romantic]:rolleyes:

CHAOS THEORY

HAPPY TRIO

Hope everyone has a great day:thumbsup:

15. MissMurder

Yes, it is...but for the third and final time Desert, this thread is about GSR...not The CSI Team....this thread is for discussion about GSR, Grissom and Sara.

I understand that, you have been on the boards for a while...you are a GSR fan, but lately Desert you seem to be trying to sway the conversations away from GSR and onto LF...you keep telling us "Grissom's gone" "He's finished with CSI." etc etc...it sounds like you don't want to talk about GSR and what will happen any longer...or at least that is the impression I'm getting from your posts.

We are not saying anything mean about him, nor are we insulting him...we are just saying that we don't want to talk about Ray Langston on the GSR thread. And in NO way are we being disrespectful to you OR Jorja. I'm sure Jorja is wonderful friends with LF, but that really has no point to what we are saying. We are not being disrespectful. We are just asking you to keep to the topic that this thread is about.

Yes, of course you can discuss everyone when it relates to GSR, like you have in your quotes below...Sara has given us info when talking to Ray about Grissom and their honeymoon. That doesn't mean when we all talk about a different character that the conversation should turn to how great they are, and how much we love them etc etc. That kind of thing is reserved for the boards designed for discussion about that actor/character.

I know that Grissom and Sara haven't always been romantic...and I never once said that they have always been romantic. I said Ray had nothing to do with their romantic relationship...meaning he knows them separately..not as a unit. Ray has nothing to do with their marriage, etc.

The way GSR was handled was perfect...kept the GSR fans on the edge of their seats waiting for another mention, or scene. The way it was handled was great...expertly weaved through all of the seasons WP was on the show.

What we don't like Desert, is that since his leaving, we are barely getting any sort of info on his character and barely any GSR mentions...that's what we want. And hopefully it is discussed, but personally I don't get my hopes up with whatever CM says...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.