The Rant and I Cannot Say This Out Loud #3

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

To our little ole Rav 4,

You have got to do something other than bbzzzzzzzzzzz when we leave the lights on. We didn't even know the lights were on. She accidentally knocked them on when getting in the car. When the buzz wouldn't stop the first thing I checked were the lights but when you're sitting in the supermarket, drugstore, and Salvation Army parking lots nowhere near any trees, on a bright sunny day it's impossible to tell that the lights are on. Now we got to spend $75 that we don't really have on a new battery because we can't take the risk of having to spend that $75 in the middle of winter when we definitely won't have it!

2. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Dear Miss G,

Your SON wants to go home. Not there with you but back here. All of us miss him and he misses us too. He wants to finish school here. Just because he got into that arts school doesn't mean he'll stay. You think if you keep him there all summer, he'll change his mind but he won't. I mean, you don't even accept him as a he. How can he stay there with that? Plus, his boyfriend is here. I know you don't want them together and I think part of this is trying to keep them apart. You think he'll become "normal" if he stays with you. Guess what? It won't. He loves K too much for that. So just let him come back. You won't regret it. I think it's time you stop thinking about yourself and what YOU want and start listening to what HE wants.

Sincerely,
    Your SON'S concerned friend.

ADDED RANT!!!! Sorry, my life is a freaking mess right now...

Dear C,

Why do you hate my grandma so much? Seriously...I want to know. Why do you insist on making her life a living hell right now. Her husband, your father, just died. She doesn't need the added stress of you taking all his money. She's entitled to some of that too, you know. Just because you have the power of attorney, doesn't mean you can abuse that power. What you did is technically illegal. He's already dead. You can't access his stuff when he's dead. God, why are you such a b****? She has to live off something. Your father wouldn't like the way you were acting at all. I know he wouldn't. So why don't you just try to be civil? She's grieving as much, if not MORE than you are right now. Don't try to screw her over. Please?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  3. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

To Some Parents that are Customers at my Workplace:

Part of being a parent is doing the hard work. If you want to go to a restaurant and just be able to talk with your friends and not have to worry about your kids, hire a babysitter. Yes, we're a family-friendly place, but family-friendly isn't code for "let your children run wild, we don't care!" If your kid is crying/screaming/being a nuisance to everyone else, and you can't get them to stop within a reasonable amount of time, take them outside. You have to be prepared to do that if you're taking a young child out to a restaurant, no matter how family-friendly the place is. It's not fair to everyone else there, and that includes other families with children. Just because they have kids doesn't mean they don't mind when other children scream and yell for more than just a minute or two.

Also, a restaurant is not a playground. We can't have your kids running around and spinning in circles all over the place. It's dangerous. Servers are constantly carrying hot food and trays filled with drinks. No matter how careful we are, if a kid darts out of nowhere and a server can't stop or veer away in time, it could become a disaster. A bruise on their bottom from falling down will be the least of your problems. Hot food can cause burns, and shattered glass and china can cause cuts. Especially if it's a glass that shatters into some really tiny pieces, which are hard to see.

If you want your kids to be able to run around right after they eat, take them to a McDonald's with a play place. Or plan on taking them to the park or somewhere afterwards, and ask for the check before they start to get antsy (or at the first sign of it.)

If your kid is too out of control or loud, and you need to leave, we'll be as accommodating as possible. I don't mind hustling to put your barely-touched dinner in a to-go box, and I almost always have the most current check for tables with young children printed and in my pocket because I understand what can happen.

Sincerely,
    A Child-Loving, Yet Exasperated Server

4. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Dear time,

Why the heck do you have to go by so darn quickly? I've been having such an awesome week away with my family, but before you know it, that weeks up and you have to go home... :( Thanks for giving me a great week. But in future, could you maybe slow down a little but please?

Kthnxbye...
    Steph.

5. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Oh, they do that at my library too. We welcome kids and now have a lovely bright childrens' area for them, and we actually don't mind them running around, but sometimes the parents just let them scream/cry for AGES, or don't keep an eye on them when they're running around. Oh, and once or twice we've had parents leave their kids alone in the library for long periods (kids who are too young to be left alone).

6. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

To the cashier at the grocery store:

I'm really, really sorry that I didn't have $.02 in change. I know you had to be SO put out about that, especially because the cash register will make change for you. :wtf: Way to have a sucky attitude. :rolleyes:

The thing is, I don't carry change like that around with me, as a matter of fact, when I break a dollar, I put it into a change cup to go to the Coinstar machine or I simply put it in one of those "Take a penny" things. All that change racks out my wallet, and it's a pain to carry.

7. ~Kassandra~

~Kassandra~ Hit and Run

Dear Parents,

I know that ya'll have hectic jobs, hell i know that being a doctor is demanding but it would be nice if you came home every once in a while to look after your family! Instead of leaving your 17 year old daughter and 15 year old son to take care of everyone else! I mean we have lives! He has a girlfriend and I have a boyfriend, and we both have friends that we almost never see! I get that you want me to do good in school and I am doing just that. I am taking a full AP course load and getting 97-99 in all of my classes yet when I come home from school with a test mark like 98 you ask well why isn't that a 100. I have other passions, Rock Band and music is my life. I spend hours before and after school rehearsing and practicing. Mom you freak out at me when I say Emily is more of a mother to me than you. Even though she lives in California and has a busy and demanding job she makes sure to call or send me a text message everyday asking how I am doing. And dad you ask why I am so stressed it is because of YOU! All of your put downs about my looks and my weight has killed me. I am aware that I am only 94 pounds, and that is because of the stress that you are putting on me. And FYI if you were ever around you would know that i am getting help! And just so you both know after I graduate this year I am gone. I am moving back to North Carolina because Canada is not home. I hate it here, it's cold for months I get made fun of due to my accent, and I miss not being able to go riding every morning when I get up. Now the only time I can go riding is when I am not busy with school or rock band. And I know that Buttercream and Oreo are being missed. I miss my old life. And I am not going to be a doctor like you I am going to do what I want to do! GOD!

So that is my rant for the day.

Kassandra

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

To my nosy, nutty neighbor lady...you left me a message saying you have a piece of my mail and to give you a call when I get home. WHY couldn't you just have put it in my mailbox which is three inches from yours?!! :scream: Never mind...I know why...you want to trap me into a long visit or phone call in which you yammer on and on about the board meeting and how awful everyone is and won't I pleeeeeeease consider serving on it. :rolleyes: Then you want to tell me all the gossip and who is doing what and all about the suspicious characters you saw lurking around and by the way "someone" is doing "something" to the animals around here because they are disappearing and you didn't see Rocky/Scout yesterday.

Uh...he was over here this morning. :rolleyes: That's kind of what stray cats do...they stray.

Sheesh. I'll call you, but I ain't comin' over!

And by the way, Mr. All So Important Assistant Manager o' Mine...since when did the term "Soash" become an acceptable way to say Social Security Number?? :wtf: Do you know how stupid and rude and idiotic you sound when you say to someone, "What's your soash?" How about you learn to speak in complete words and sentences like a professional should? And speaking of, it's also not considered appropriate to walk out to the lobby and ask someone who is waiting, "Help you with somethin'?" in your caveman drawl. :rolleyes:

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Dear Christopher:

I'm sitting here and realizing that in another hour and a quarter it would've been your 33rd birthday. I don't know why you decided to take your own life on October 2, 2009, but I hope you found some peace. The rest of us are still asking "why?" and wondering what could've happened different that would've changed your mind. Part of me is just so sad that you felt so alone that suicide was the only option and part of me is pissed as hell that you were so selfish that you thought suicide would only affect you. I can't even imagine what your mother is going through right now. You were her only child, and while you two had a difficult relationship, she loved you. We all did. It's too bad you didn't see that past all of your pain.

http://youtu.be/nd-2EkA4LgI

10. Smokey

I have to post this here and now in order to keep myself from posting it on my Facebook as an immediate reaction which would only serve to cause trouble in the family.

You post something and put a little "no offense to my liberal friends" tag on it and that's supposed to make it right? If you posted it, you must mean it. And wow...you've really got to love a Bible that has quotes that you can pull out and use to "prove" someone is wrong about something or, to quote your Bible, "a fool".

But yeah...I take no offense.

11. ~Kassandra~

~Kassandra~ Hit and Run

Dear Mom,

Ok so I know that you are mad and I get that but you really can not blame all of this on me. I also get that you are mad that I just got up and left with only a week before school starts but I needed to get away. All I have done all summer is do eveything you wanted me to do! Right now I am happy. Getting on that plane without you knowing was one of the best things I have ever done! I wrote you a note, and I know that you are going to be majorly mad when I get back but just so you know being home is amazing, spending time with my grandma is the best thing ever, and I am sorry if I dissapointed you but when have I ever done something that you didn't want me to do. For once I am doing something for me. I promise to be home for the fist day of school so don't worry about that, and I know right now this is where I want to be. So I AM SORRY again for dissapointing you and for not being all I could be, but after this year I am gone. I am going to do what I want to do and the first thing I am doing is Flying to California to see Emily. She is one of my closest friends and I will say with all honesty she has been more of a mother than you have ever been! I am sorry. And I will see you on Thursday if you decide to come home from work.

12. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Dear Germs,

You suck. I'm sick of feeling sick. This is the 3rd day in a row I've had to miss work because of your shenanigans. I just want to feel better already!

No Love,
    Me

13. Smokey

To the guy walking back and forth in the street in front of my house....

Dude! Seriously! Shut the f up! I don't want to hear your cell phone conversation. Why can't you talk in your own house?? Why do you think the whole neighborhood wants to hear your one-sided conversation??

Is there a reason you can't talk in your house? Are you talking to your mistress?? Or doing something illegal you don't want the house to hear about?? Well, I think I'll go sit out on the front steps and see if you keep doing it when you know someone can hear you. It's irritating! Stop it!

14. ~Kassandra~

~Kassandra~ Hit and Run

Dear little Stella,

Please, please, please stop kicking me, I want to eat something and go to bed! I have to be up early tomorrow for school. Can you let me have one good night of sleep? I can not wait to meet you and your daddy has deemed you Stella Moo as well as Peanut but please just chill out!

Love,
    Mommy.

15. Smokey

People I'm meeting for dinner...don't tell me to meet you there at 6:15 and then I show up at 6:15 and don't see you so I get a table and then find out that you're already there on the other side of the restaurant and already have drinks and all the bread is gone!

If you are going to get there early, why can't you wait for me before sitting down and starting without me??! Or at least have someone watching for me to arrive!

And on a related note...why don't any of you have cell phones??!!!! Do you know what century it is?!! :scream:

Waitress....why are you asking if we want dessert while we all have half our food still on our plates? And then the second my last bite went into my mouth you grabbed my plate away. Thank goodness I still had a death grip on my drink glass!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.