Renewed/Canceled/Info shows

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by RBC, Feb 25, 2007.

1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

From Ausiello Files:

Ghost Whisperer has officially crossed over.
    The long-running Jennifer Love Hewitt drama — which was axed by CBS last week — will not be jumping to ABC after all.
    Executive producers Ian Sander and Kim Moses confirmed the news via the following statement: “After five wonderful seasons and over 100 episodes, we are disappointed to announce Ghost Whisperer will not be returning for a sixth season. We’ve had an incredible experience and owe a debt of gratitude to everyone involved. We continue our relationship with ABC Studios and look forward to developing many more successful projects together in the future.”
    A rep for ABC Studios, which co-owns the show with CBS, declined to comment.

2. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

IMHO, Two and a half men should have gotten the axe yrs ago.

3. Anna P

Anna P Witness

Indeed. I'm one of those who believes that some of the "cost/cast cutting" measures inflicted amongst other shows are connected to Charlie's inflated salary.

4. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I agree, and I find it disguisting. This man is an abuser and an addict and has stated quite clearly he doesn't want to do the show anymore. Yet shows like CSI (Liz Vassey being cut is inexcusable!),Criminal Minds,Cold Case and others have to be gutted to give Charlie more money. Makes your blood boil

5. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

IDK if anyone in here is a fan of Criminal Minds but CBS has announced, on 6/14/10 that AJ Cook (JJ) will not be returning next season (translation: she got fired) and that Paget Bewster's (Emily) episodes will be reduced to an undisclosed amount but she will still have "regular cast" status (think Adam Rodriguez only she gets to be in the opening credits) Leaving Kirsten Vangness (Garcia) the only full time female cast member on the show.

Basically making the show an "all boys club"

Then CBS announced the next day that after firing AJ and reducing Paget's time they would be hiring a new actress sometime mid season to replace AJ Cook as a full time cast member.

Article: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/06/14/criminal-minds-drops-a-j-cook/

All this is supposedly because of "creative decisions" which is just TV speak for "we want to save money." No one is buying it though b/c Paget tweeted that it WAS in fact about money and always IS about money. The entire cast are standing behind AJ and Paget and have even posted on their twitter pages a link to a petition started by the fans to have CBS reverse the decision.

Petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?cmwomen

We, fans of the show, are emploring other fans to sign the peition and email CBS telling them to reverse their decision. You can give feedback to CBS by going to their website, scrolling to the bottom and clicking the "feedback" button.

There is also a blog, which CBS big wigs actually visit....as do the writers for the show.

Blog: https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=33855605&postID=5354746491462173288

So please, please show your support for the show and its two leading ladies. Remember we were on the other end of this situation last year with Adam and CSI Miami....and in the end the fans were able to convince the network to bring him back. That needs to be done here!

6. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

Let's just hope that sheen goes to jail, so that CBS can cancel two and a half men , then they'd be saving 1.5 million dollars + the salaries of everyone else on that show:evil:

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: EW

It's official: Fox cancels 'Lone Star'

And the first official cancellation of the 2010-11 TV season is… a real bummer. Fox has pulled the plug on its critically adored con man drama Lone Star after two low-rated episodes.

Lie to Me—which wasn’t expected to kick off its third season until later this fall—takes over the show’s Monday-9 pm time slot beginning next week.

Lone Star got off to a disastrous start last week, averaging just over 4 million viewers. The depressing numbers prompted series creator Kyle Killen to pen an open letter to fans urging them to tune in for episode 2. “For [Lone Star] to survive we’re going to have to pull off a minor miracle,” he wrote. “Statistically, new shows tend to lose viewers in their second week. We’re aiming to gain them. In fact, screw it, let’s just double our audience.”

Unfortunately, viewership for last night’s episode sank to 3.2 million viewers, sealing the show’s fate.

Production on Lone Star will cease immediately, confirms a 20th Century Fox spokesperson. “We will have shot five completed episodes after the pilot,” says the rep, “and will not complete principal photography on episode 106.” It’s not clear what will happen to the four unaired episodes.

8. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

So disappointed in Fox for cancelling Lone Star. It was one of my favorite new shows. At first I didn't think I would like the premise but the characters totally pulled me in and I was on board. James Wolk needs to show up on my screen in something else.

9. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

My Generation is also cancelled.

I think 'The Whole Truth' is gonna be next. I really wanna like that show, but something holds me back. I love Rob Morrow and Maura Tierney (great chemistry between them), but something about the show pushes me away. They pulled up the episode with Jude Hirsch to next week, I guess that will be the make or break episode. If the numb3rs do not improve, it's gone. And I don't think they will improve.

10. Destiny

Source: Tvguide

ABC Family cancels 'Huge'

Huge just wasn't big enough for ABC Family.

Huge, which centered on eight kids sent to weight-loss camp, has been canceled, network reps confirm.

Huge, starring Nikki Blonsky and Hayley Hasselhoff,averaged 1.9 million viewers through its first 10-episode run this summer. ABC Family declined to order the remaining 10 episodes of Season 1.

The series was based on the young-adult novel of the same name by Sasha Paley.

11. Destiny

Source TvGuide:

NBC Orders Full Seasons of The Event, Law & Order: Los Angeles and Outsourced

The Event, Law & Order: Los Angeles and Outsourced have been picked up for full seasons, NBC announced Monday.

Since its Sept. 20 debut, The Event has averaged 9.1 million viewers. The conspiracy drama stars Laura Innes, Blair Underwood and Jason Ritter.

LO:LA has averaged 8.7 million viewers, with a 45 percent overall improvement in the time period over last year.

NBC claims that Outsourced, which averages 6.3 million viewers, has the highest rating in the prized 18-to-34 demographic among new series on ABC, CBS, NBC or Fox this fall.

No word yet on Chase or Undercovers, NBC's two other fall shows on our "bubble shows" list. The network has already shut down production on Outlaw, effectively canceling it.

Source: TvGuide

13 Bubble Shows — Which Will Survive?

Let's raise a glass (of something bubbly perhaps) to TV shows gone too soon: Here's to Arrested Development, Pushing Daisies, Moonlight, Freaks and Geeks, Veronica Mars, My So Called Life... we hardly knew ye. Here we are, just six weeks into the fall season, and we already have two more names to add to that list. (R.I.P., Lone Star and My Generation.) Which shows will be next? These 13 are in the most danger, due to low ratings, poor performances among younger viewers and other typical bad signs. Is your favorite show on the list?

Chase (NBC) Mondays at 10/9c
    The Good News: Its premiere nabbed 7.3 million pairs of eyes opposite ABC's Castle and CBS' powerhouse Hawaii Five-O, which is no small feat.
    The Bad News: It has been unable to capitalize on The Event's strong lead-in. Its most recent episode only nabbed 5 million viewers, which is a weak showing for a Jerry Bruckheimer production. (Just ask CSI. Or the now-canceled The Forgotten.)

Chuck (NBC) Mondays at 8/7c
    The Good News: The show has a rabid fan base of people who have made it clear that they'll eat as many sandwiches as it takes to keep their show on the air. Recent reports have indicated that the show is safe, but NBC isn't saying for now.
    The Bad News: Only 6.1 million of those fans tuned in for the season premiere. That number is down even from Heroes' debut a year ago, and Heroes is no more. Viewership for the most recent episode of Chuck slipped to 5.3 million.

Community (NBC) Thursdays at 8/7cThe Good News: Thanks to healthy DVD sales, the show has gained some new fans and good word-of-mouth, particularly about last season's paintball episode. It's nestled in a comedy block that does well among the younger 18-to-49 demographic that advertisers love so much.
    The Bad News: Comedians call it taking the bullet when you're the first act of the night, and that's what Community is doing as it tries to warm up the Thursday audience. It's currently hovering around 4.8 million viewers, far fewer than the new show Outsourced, which has benefited from following The Office. Community is a lot funnier than Outsourced, but since when has that ever counted for anything?

CSI: NY (CBS) Fridays at 9/8c
    The Good News: The decision to move the show to Friday night to help kick off Blue Bloods was a good one — Blue Bloods is a bona fide hit. Plus, it's winning its (admittedly not very competitive) timeslot.
    The Bad News: Unfortunately, CSI:NY's numbers are dwarfed by those of the Tom Selleck cop drama. CBS has two one-hour dramas set to launch at mid-season (Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior and Chaos), and in this network's rarefied air, 9.5 million viewers may not be enough to keep it around.

The Defenders (CBS) Wednesdays at 10/9c
    The Good News: In a timeslot packed with legal procedurals,it beat ABC's legal drama The Whole Truth in its first outing. Its most recent episode beat NBC's Law & Order: Los Angeles as well.
    The Bad News: Going head to head with Law & Order: Los Angeles has hurt its overall numbers. And it could, unfortunately for its prospects, be in the perfect timeslot for the as-of-yet unslated Criminal Minds spin-off coming in January.

Fringe (Fox) Thursdays at 9/8c
    The Good News: Its timeslot — up against CSI, Grey's Anatomy and The Office — is one of the week's most competitive. Fox has bigger fish to fry at the moment (see below), and would be crazy to give up a show with J.J. Abrams' pedigree.
    The Bad News: It's currently only attracting 5 million viewers for a potentially divisive season that features two universes and episodes that alternate between them. What if viewers only like one of them?

The Good Guys (Fox) Fridays at 9/8cThe Good News: Until ABC decides to start airing Body of Proof,this timeslot is pretty soft overall, with even CSI: NY's numbers taking a hit.
    The Bad News: It's Fox's lowest-rated program still on the air; it's even losing to the CW's beloved-but-little-seen Supernatural in the 18-to-49 demographic.

Life Unexpected (CW) Tuesdays at 9/8c
    The Good News: Despite middling ratings last season, it gained a loyal following, and the CW rewarded the show with a second season. The network has cautiously ordered two more scripts, for a total of 15.
    The Bad News: It's down to an anemic 1.5 million viewers. More disturbing, it's down among young women, a group whose presence buoyed the show's low ratings in the past.

Outlaw (NBC) Fridays at 10/9c
    The Good News: It scored 11.5 million viewers for its first episode, which aired on a Wednesday and beat the finale of Big Brother.
    The Bad News: Only 5 million of those viewers moved with it to its Friday timeslot, where it got hammered by the premiere of Blue Bloods. NBC has since shut down production, and though the network promises to air the remaining episodes, Outlaw looks as good as canceled.

Parenthood (NBC) Tuesdays at 10/9c
    The Good News: NBC doesn't have many shows that do well among young women, but Parenthood is surprisingly strong among that group.
    The Bad News: In its second week, it dropped 11 percent from its premiere, and its most recent episode earned only 4.6 million viewers. It's losing its timeslot to ABC's also-tepidly-rated Detroit 1-8-7 and CBS' powerhouse The Good Wife.

Running Wilde (Fox) Tuesdays at 9:30/8:30c
    The Good News: Fox scheduled the half-hour show in a one-hour comedy block with Raising Hope, which appears to be safe for now.
    The Bad News: It's losing almost half of Raising Hope's lead-in, which can be the death of a two-series comedy block. Plus, Fox has two new half-hour sitcoms waiting in the wings for a mid-season launch: the animated Bob's Burgers and the romantic comedy Mixed Signals.

Undercovers (NBC) Wednesdays at 8/7c
    The Good News: It's earning a solid 7 million viewers up against ABC's half-hour comedies The Middle and Better With You, CBS' Survivor and Fox's Hell's Kitchen.
    The Bad News: It's not attracting younger viewers, which isn't a good sign, especially when its timeslot competition tends to skew older already.

The Whole Truth (ABC) Wednesdays at 10/9cThe Good News: Unfortunately, there really isn't any.
    The Bad News: The premiere was only seen by 4.9 million, which suggests the show is a mismatch with the ABC hit comedies that precede it on Wednesdays. Since the premiere, it's been losing to fellow legal dramas Law & Order: Los Angeles on NBC and CBS' The Defenders.

12. Destiny

Source: Yahoo! News

It's 5 for 5 as CBS renews entire rookie lineup

NEW YORK – CBS says that after just a month, it's giving full-season pickups to all five of its new prime-time series.

The network announced Thursday that it has ordered full seasons for the dramas "Hawaii Five-O," "Blue Bloods" and "The Defenders," as well as comedies "Mike & Molly" and "(Bleep) My Dad Says."

This strong rookie roster has helped CBS to a victory in prime-time viewership all four weeks of the season so far.

Several series on rival networks have already been axed. Those casualties include "Lone Star" on Fox, "My Generation" on ABC, and NBC's "Outlaw," which will soon fade from sight.

13. Destiny

Source: EW

ABC cancels 'The Whole Truth'

Despite buzz that ABC was giving The Whole Truth one more week to prove itself, the network has gone and canceled the low-rated legal drama. The news was confirmed on Twitter by co-executive producer KristieAnne Reed.

“ABC gave us the word,” she tweeted. “We will only make 13 episodes of The Whole Truth.” The drama’s only averaged 5.3 million viewers (ranked No. 69 among all primetime shows) and a 1.5 rating/4 share among adults 18-49 (ranked No. 72).

It’s unclear how many of Truth‘s remaining unaired episodes will see the light of day; an original episode is still scheduled to air on Wednesday.

ABC already announced a Plan B scenario for the timeslot that will begin Nov. 3 with In the Spotlight with Robin Roberts: All Access Nashville. The special will feature the Good Morning America anchor interviewing some of country music’s biggest stars. On Nov 10, ABC will preempt all of its Wednesday programming for the Country Music Awards.

Earlier today, ABC extended full-season orders to fellow rookies No Ordinary Family and Better With You.

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

:confused:I've never heard of that show "The Whole Truth"~

From my new TV Guide dated Nov. 1-7~

CONGRATULATIONS:FULL SEASON PICKUPS

*Blue Bloods, CBS~:bolian:
    *Chase, NBC
    *Chuck, NBC~
    *The Defenders, CBS:bolian:
    *The Event, NBC~:thumbsup:
    *Hawaii Five-O, CBS~
    *Hellcats, The CW~
    *Law & Order:Los Angeles, NBC~
    *Mike & Molly, CBS~
    *Nikita, The CW~
    *One Tree Hill, The CW~
    *Outsourced, NBC
    *$#*! My Dad Says, CBS~

15. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I'll be mad if they cancel The Good Guys. Anyone here watched it? Oh it's so much fun. Of course there's a danger that how long it can go on without starting to repeat itself

Watch it people!