Renewed/Canceled/Info shows

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by RBC, Feb 25, 2007.

1. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I just heard on HLN that ABC has canceled two of its long running soaps. "All My Children" and "One Life To Live" are the soaps that got the axe. "All My Children" will end in September, "One life to live" will end in January of next year. The two canceled soaps will be replaced with talk/reality shows (AMC with "The Chew" a food and nutrition show and OLTL with a reality show about lifestyle changes - at least they're not being replaced by more Snookie wannabes, but its still sad). This leaves ABC with only one soap left "General Hospital". I don't watch soaps anymore, but its kind of sad because all these actors are now out of work (not to mention the crews of both shows).

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's GNRF I've heard rumors about AMC, the only soap I still watch, that will be sad for all the millions of fans it's acquired over many years.:(

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

ABC cancels 2 longtime soaps from daytime lineup Theres a link about it.

NEW YORK – ABC canceled two of its three soap operas on Thursday, consigning "One Life to Live" and "All My Children" — and Susan Lucci, daytime's most famous actress — to television history.

The move leaves "General Hospital" as ABC's only daytime drama, one of only four that will remain on ABC, CBS and NBC's daytime schedule.

5. GregNickRyanFan

I didn't know where else to put this and I haven't found any info on it... but does anyone know when Fox's new show Terra Nova starts? I saw a commercial for it a while back, but can't remember if they showed when it starts.

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

My understanding is that it will be on the fall schedule. I think it was suppose to have premiered in late May, but now FOX has decided to wait. So I'm guessing we are looking at end of August, or early September. TBC....

7. GregNickRyanFan

Okay, thanks jtd. :) I guess the decision to wait is the reason there haven't been anymore commercials for it lately lol.

8. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

The Fox Network's website for Terra Nova confirms it will premiere in Fall 2011. As usual, networks mistakenly think they reserve the right to change schedules without notice.

9. Desertwind

On "AMC" beng canceled some trivia. It debuted in Janurary 1970:wtf: and was averaging 2.5 million viewers a day, down 9% from last season, and the median age of a typical viewer was nearly 57, according to Nielsen Co. "AMC" will go off the air in September replaced by "The Chew", a live one hour show about food and nutrition, featuring two cast members from "Iron Chef America" and nutrition expert Daphne Oz, Dr. Mehmet Oz's daughter as is described as a cross between "The View" and a cooking show~

News Services~

10. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

After only three episodes, CBS has pulled Chaos from its schedule, according to The Hollywood reporter.

Chaos' viewer numbers had fallen over the course of its brief run. It debuted April 1 with 6.4 million pairs of eyes. Its April 15 broadcast was viewed by just 5.5 million. The show was green-lit in November with a 13-episode pickup.

CBS has announced that Flashpoint will replace Chaos in the 8/7c slot on Fridays starting May 6. That series averaged 7.13 million viewers on Fridays last summer. CBS adds that Chaos is on hiatus and will "return to the schedule at a later date."

11. GregNickRyanFan

I thought AMC had been on longer than 41 years, wow.

As for Chaos returning later, I'll believe it when I see it. I kind of think its gone for good, sadly. I rather liked the show.

12. Desertwind

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Merlin is definitely returning, they're filming season 4 right now. We won't get it in US until early 2012 but UK should have it in the fall.

14. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

CW released on Tuesday that the following shows have been renewed.

Gossip Girl
    Supernatural
    The Vampire Diaries

15. GregNickRyanFan

NBC has pulled the plug on The Paul Reiser Show after only two episodes. I didn't watch it, but I heard it wasn't very good. But they sure didn't give it much of a chance.