Renewed/Canceled/Info shows

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by RBC, Feb 25, 2007.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Woah! Ghost Whisperer got cancelled? Never saw that coming. I don't watch it, but I never expected it to get cancelled.

2. Anna P

Anna P Witness

Like Cold Case and Num3ers here was another show that won it's time slot; but didn't meet the high CBS ratings standards. Once CBS saved Medium it was clear they'd protect it to the end...

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Sorry but I can't see saving Medium over Ghost Whisperer, the problem with GW is that the direction they went this season, basically ever sense they killed off her husband, then had him jump into the body of another guy, she is pregnante and in the first half hour of the ep she has the kid, comes home, and the next thing you know the kid is five. :confused: Yet know one notices (outside the group) that she is calling this guy he jumped into by her dead husbands name. -- I lost interest in Medium when it was on NBC, then when CBS picked it up, I watched like the first two eps thinking it would be better. IMO it wasn't it actually seems to me to have gotten worse.

Anyway here is some news...

"Law & Order" may get reprieve from death: producer
    NEW YORK (Reuters) – The U.S. television show "Law & Order" may be revived after it was due to be canceled, offering hope to fans, actors and a city on the verge of losing a lucrative drama showcasing New York's quirks and characters.
    NBC last week said it had canceled the crime series after 20 seasons, but "Law & Order" producer Dick Wolf hinted the show might be resuscitated.
    "The patient is not dead," Wolf said in a statement on Tuesday. "It is in a medically induced coma, and we are hoping for a cure."
    Wolf told The New York Times he was seeking other offers for the show; a two-hour "Law & Order" TV movie was possible.

For More See Link Provided.

I hate sources sometimes.. CBS isn't due to announce until the 19th, why they try to get this stuff out there early is beyond me. But From EW
    THIS JUST IN: CBS isn’t commenting, but sources confirm that the Eye net has officially pulled the plug on Cold Case, Miami Medical, Accidentally on Purpose, and Numb3rs.

BTW for the "Just in" Yahoo News had this part in the write up "The person, who wasn't authorized to discuss the changes publicly, spoke on condition of anonymity." So said Source leaked info probably on purpose for CBS who decided their not going to talk, probably until the 19th.

Just to recap from EW the CBS axed shows (if they are, probably)
    Ghost Whisperer and The New Adventures of Old Christine. Also gone: Gary Unmarried, Cold Case, Miami Medical, Accidentally on Purpose, and Numb3rs.
    Fans may want to hold off on eulogizing Ghost and Christine for a day or two. There’s an outside chance that ABC (which co-owns GW and has long coveted Christine) may swoop in and rescue one or both.
    “There’s a 50/50 shot that Christine will move to ABC,” says one source. A reprieve for Ghost appears less likely.

Sigh I really hate when news orgs get ahead of themselves and believe the sources before the network officially comes out, remember the L&O is, isn't, is, isn't, is, now maybe. I just wish they would wait until the date they schedule and provide all the info there. After that anything in question (ie L&O) should be reported.

I feel like I am watching a Yo-Yo with all this, is then isn't then is, then isn't, then we aren't saying. :rolleyes:

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

From EW.com:

ABC released its fall 2010 schedule in anticipation of its presentation to advertisers this afternoon in New York. New series for the 2010-11 season are Better Together, Body of Proof, Detroit 1-8-7, Happy Endings, Mr. Sunshine, My Generation, No Ordinary Family, Off the Map, Secret Millionaire, and The Whole Truth. ABC Entertainment President Steve McPherson told EW that V will be back midseason in the Dancing with the Stars Results Show slot, behind the network’s other high-concept show No Ordinary Family.
    “It was a Sophie’s Choice,” McPherson said about his decision to renew V and cancel FlashForward. “In the end, FlashForward didn’t engage audiences like we hoped. For V, I get more anecdotal calls and emails than any other show on the schedule. A huge part of rebuilding the network is about taking chances. Some shows just don’t work out.”
    MONDAY
    8:00 p.m. Dancing with the Stars
    10:00 p.m. Castle
    TUESDAY
    8:00 p.m. No Ordinary Family
    9:00 p.m. Dancing with the Stars the Results Show
    10:00 p.m. Detroit 1-8-7
    WEDNESDAY
    8:00 p.m. The Middle
    8:30 p.m. Better Together
    9:00 p.m. Modern Family
    9:30 p.m. Cougar Town
    10:00 p.m. The Whole Truth

THURSDAY
    8:00 p.m. My Generation
    9:00 p.m. Grey’s Anatomy
    10:00 p.m. Private Practice
    FRIDAY
    8:00 p.m. Secret Millionaire
    9:00 p.m. Body of Proof
    10:00 p.m. 20/20
    SATURDAY
    8:00 p.m. Saturday Night College Football
    SUNDAY
    7:00 p.m. America’s Funniest Home Videos
    8:00 p.m. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
    9:00 p.m. Desperate Housewives
    10:00 p.m. Brothers & Sisters

In the case of Ghost Whisperer vs. Medium, Medium is owned solely by CBS studios, whereas ABC has a share in GW. So when Medium is sold in syndication, CBS will get all the $$$; with GW, they would have to share. Many of these series are kept on the air long enough to make them profitable in syndication.

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  5. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but CBS has cancelled Cold Case, Ghost Whisper, Numb3rs, The New Adventures of Old Christine, Miami Medical, Gary Unmarried, and Accidentally on Purpose.

CBS cancels 7 shows

Keeps my fingers crossed for CSI :)

6. Destiny

I get what your saying, but Medium is also in syndication already on LifeTime

Ghost Whisperer is already in syndication on "Ion Television it airs along with NCIS Repeats, Criminal Mind Repeats, etc. Also the orginial series "Durham County". The network "Ion" use to be called "Pax". Wikipedia - ION Television - for anyone not sure what ION is.

BTW incase it wasn't mentioned (as my memory has dropped off the earth lol) CW Renews Tree Hill, Life Unexpected; Cancels Melrose; Picks Up Two Series
    "The CW has renewed bubble shows One Tree Hill and Life Unexpected for next season, and has also picked up new series Nikita and Hellcats, TVGuide.com has confirmed. The network also canceled Melrose Place.

Nikita stars Maggie Q as the titular assassin who goes rogue. Hellcats, which is executive-produced by Smallville's Tom Welling, is an ensemble show about the world of competitive college cheerleading."

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I'm also sad about "The New Adventures Of Old Christine" soo funny and with one of the most comical comediennes ever on TV, Julia-Louis Dryfuss, and the guy who played her brother:guffaw: and Wanda Sykes so great.. oh well, bet their not to happy either~:(

8. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I really liked "The New Adventures of Old Christine" too. The character was hilarious. I hope ABC picks it up.

I think Ghost Whisperer had kinda run its course, but Medium still has some stories to tell, because of the daughters being psychic, too. And this series is adept when it comes to shaking things up a little, but without alienating its fanbase. I didn't want Davalos out of the picture a couple seasons back, and he ended up back in his role like he's supposed to be.

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Here we are, folks!

From: http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/05/cbs-fall-schedule-2010.html

CBS shakes up fall schedule: 'Big Bang' on Thursday, 'CSI: NY' on Friday

After canceling seven shows yesterday, Wednesday's unveiling of the CBS fall schedule suddenly became a highly intriguing announcement. How much change was coming to the network's lineup?

Turns out, plenty. CBS will launch a comedy block with "Big Bang Theory" on Thursdays against NBC and will move "CSI: NY" to Fridays. The "Criminal Minds" spinoff will air in midseason.

Here's the schedule:

MONDAY

8:00-8:30 PM HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER
    8:30-9:00 PM RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
    9:00-9:30 PM TWO AND A HALF MEN
    9:30-10:00 PM MIKE & MOLLY
    10:00-11:00 PM HAWAII FIVE-O

TUESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM NCIS
    9:00-10:00 PM NCIS: LOS ANGELES
    10:00-11:00 PM THE GOOD WIFE

WEDNESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM SURVIVOR
    9:00-10:00 PM CRIMINAL MINDS
    10:00-11:00 PM THE DEFENDERS

THURSDAY

8:00-8:30 PM THE BIG BANG THEORY
    8:30 - 9:00 P.M. $#*! MY DAD SAYS
    9:00-10:00 PM CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION
    10:00-11:00 PM THE MENTALIST

FRIDAY

8:00-9:00 PM MEDIUM
    9:00-10:00 PM CSI: NY
    10:00-11:00 PM BLUE BLOODS

SATURDAY

8:00-9:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY
    9:00-10:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY
    10:00-11:00 PM 48 HOURS MYSTERY

SUNDAY

7:00-8:00 PM 60 MINUTES
    8:00-9:00 PM THE AMAZING RACE
    9:00-10:00 PM UNDERCOVER BOSS
    10:00-11:00 PM CSI: MIAMI

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I am shocked by the new timeslots for CSI NY and Miami :eek:

I think this will be devastating for the two shows :(. It's so ironic that Vegas being the oldest one kept it slot. Not that I wanted them to move it.

On the good side: Life Unexpected being renewed made me happy :)

11. Destiny

NY seems to be in a good spot, they get ratings, but Miami is in the time slot and day known as the grave yard. Alot of shows rarely survive there, I have seen some, but I have seen some top rated shows go down the drain.

Criminal minds the spin off will be a mid season debute, I just wish they would decide if its, "Criminal Minds 2" or another name lol.

12. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

CSI:NY's move to Friday night was a predictable move,although I'm now really worried for the show's future.I think that CSI:Miami will perform well having a strong lead in from Undercover Boss.I'm shocked that CSI didn't switch timeslot with The Mentalist.

13. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

First of all, I'm am saddened by Cold Case's canceling...but not surprised. The almighty dollar won out again.
    As for the time show switches, CSI Miami will take the bigger hit. Trust me, as a Cold Case fan, the thing that angered me the most was the delays. CC would start anywhere from five minutes to an hour late. Plus, to be blunt, the ten p.m time slot on a sunday is a death knell for most shows. Not to be pessimistic Pete..but CSI Miami and CSI NY's ratings ARE going to take a hit next year...just a sad fact.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I hate the new timeslots for Miami and NY. NY is going to be airing same time as Supernatural (since its being moved to Fridays at 8 central). Miami is going to part of the time be on the same time as Army Wives (luckily AW comes on again a couple of hours later, so that solves that problem lol). However, I do not have DVR and can't get the Red Eye Alert thing, so I don't know what I'm gonna do about Miami when the sports things start. I wish they'd keep sports on ESPN. :sigh:

My prediction: Hawaii 5-0 is going to bomb and Miami will return to its normal timeslot.

I don't have high hopes for CSI NY on Fridays though. If it was Fridays at 9 central, possibly because Numbers seemed to do quite well there for years. But Fridays at 8? No. People go out on Fridays. Sometimes they're back by 9pm central, but rarely ever are they back by 8pm central lol. So I think that's a little too early of a slot for NY. NY if I'm not mistaken has been performing the worst of all three CSIs, so they should have put it on a much stronger night. Possibly moved it to Tuesdays at 9 central after the NCIS shows and moved Julianna Marguiles' show to Fridays where it would probably do fine.

15. Destiny

GNRF NCIS runs from 8-9, and NCIS LA from 9-10, I think you meant to say run it from 10-11 pm? Which is when the "Good wife" airs.

Lets see I am freed up on tv on Mondays, Fridays - Sundays.
    Tuesday (NCIS & NCIS LA), Wednesday (Criminal Minds), Thursday (Bones), though I am waiting for the CM 2 spin off to come in mid season, so that will detemine my days. My guess if the "defenders" don't work out in that slot, they put the CM 2 there (hopefully) then like NCIS's I can watch my Criminal Minds on the same night. :D

I always thought they should put all the CSI's on one night instead of back to back or back to back <skip> to back. :lol: Have a CSI Saturday night. Okay I only said it cause it sounded funny. ;)