The Closer

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's Destiny and Dyamno1 I went to far back, and is was only in March.. OOPS, I'll search more diligently next time;)

2. Anna P

Anna P Witness

Only a few more weeks until the return. :)

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Does anyone know if Mary McDonnell will appear in the first episode?

4. Desertwind

The squad gets high-tech digs and Brenda may be up for a promotion, but first she'll fact the return of Mary McDonnell's Captain Raydor

Entertainment Weekly~

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Oh thank you for this info :). It's so exciting that Mary will be back. Those two play off each other so well.

6. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

Whohoooot! I'm so excited already. I wanna see Joel...all grown probably :D

7. Anna P

Anna P Witness

Yeah, we'll miss Joel's cute kitten-ness.

8. Desertwind

AH, cute kitty-boy I hope so too, and he's probably a bigger kitty now but still not that old. July, still a ways off, but good show. Glad this didn't get cancelled:confused:

9. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

Kyra's contract ends with 7th season, I believe. Besides , despite of being "summer show" it still gets a lot of viewers :)
    Can't wait to see Fritzy hotness. I love that man! :drool:

10. Anna P

Anna P Witness

Did you catch his stint on Brothers and Sisters?

11. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

I did...he looks awesome on a motorcycle... :drool:

12. shippyangel

shippyangel Rookie

I CAN'T WAIT!

13. Desertwind

Now out on DVD Season 5 of "The Closer" it has 4 stars out of five:bolian:

There's a reason this drama has been a hit for half a decade. Watchig Kyra Sedgwick dig deeper into her role as canny L.A. crime solver Brenda Johnson as diverting as the cases are clever [who mailed a cadaver to the cops?] And her castmates, notably Tony Denison as Det. Flynn, are truly starting to shine~ [Warner, $40]

US WEEKLY~

14. Desertwind

I just recieved my new TV Guide, dated July 5-18, and guess who's on the cover? Kyra, stunning photo, and inside a 4 page spread, w/ photos, it's way too long to post, but I can post this~

Last season, Brenda's beloved cat Kitty, who had been with The Closer since it's start 5 years ago took ill in real life and had to be put down, all of which James Duff wrote into the show. Then as Season 5 wound down, Fritz presented Brenda with a new kitten, Joel. "It's horible to say, but my own little actor secret", reveals Jon Tenny, "is that I don't think Fritz ever really liked original Kitty-I think he put up with her, but he's grown to love Joel. "as far as Duff, he was smitten from the start, Joel is played by 3 brothers named Pope, Taylor and Fritz:lol:" he reveals, "and casting them was one of the high points of my career, in "The Closer" Now, as you'll see in the July 12 premiere, the kittens have grown, OMG, says Sedgwick with a laugh, "Joel has gotten hugh, I mean really, the new kitty has become like a dinosaur"!

Brantley Bardin..TV Guide writer~

15. Desertwind

In the premiere, "The Big Bang", Det. Johnson and her crew move into a new multimillion dollar, technologically state-of-the-art headquarters. True to "The Closer's" goal of maintaining authenticity, the move mirrors the one actual LAPD underwent last year. But, Brenda isn't happy. "She hates change and hates this building-this ridiculous monstrosity of a place where instead of just opening a door, you have to have a stupid beeper card", says Sedgwick with a laugh. Adds Duff, "It's very funny, because Brenda doesn't know where anything is and everybody is always having to tell here where to go. She'll eventually block off all the electric gizmos, because she can never find her pass. Instead of adapting to the building, she begins to adapt the building to herself"

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010