The Closer

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Jun 15, 2005.

1. shippyangel

shippyangel Rookie

i hate it too! :( and you're damn right she deserves it! :D there's something quite magical in the way kyra works/acts... she can be silly&seductive, serious&funny all the same. gotta love that!

2. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Yeah. Blame TNT, because I guess they're in the can already, but they want to save them until January for whatever reason. I think they're doing that with all of their shows, which is a real bummer, because it feels like the season just started.

3. shippyangel

shippyangel Rookie

i read in kyra's twitter that they ended shooting. so maybe these last season episodes are coming up for us soon!

4. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

Love The Closer, love Kyra... well... I am strangely obsessed with whole Sedgwick-Bacon family :lol:

New episodes will air in the beginning of December.

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

When TNT's hit "The Closer" returns Dec. 7, for 3 new episodes, Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson [Kyra Sedgwick] will see her family grow. Hoping to help his wife get over the death of their cat "Kitty", Fritz [Jon Tenny] brings home a baby kitten, whom they name Joel. "She think's he's really cute-and that she can't keep him, cause she's not ready", says creator James Duff, adding that the real cats name is Pope, after J.K. Simmons' character on the show "Fritz figures out a novel way to get her past that issue" Also coming up in the new episodes, Mary McDonnell's stern Captain Raydor returns. Brenda meets a detective from another division who later brings her chocolates [watch out Fritz] and teases Duff "You hear Provenza's first name spoken for the first time

Source: TV Guide issue Nov. 16-22~

6. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

Oh my! Thank you so much! Pretty much made my day :D

7. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

Thanks for posting that it will be back! Nice to get a Closer fix just before Christmas :D

8. Desertwind

My pleasure fans I love it and her too, and the fabulous cast all so diverse. this issue will be on the stands on Fri. photos of this spoiler too:bolian:

9. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

Tell me about it my season 1 DVD is about to throw a towel on me.
    Miss my Brenda&Fritz fix and I sure hope Charlie is coming back because I adored her.

They are also showing it now in Estonia and I have to say those subtitles suck bigtime. Trying to explain them that they should hire me translating that show :D

10. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Thanksgiving marathon of The Closer, Thursday, November 26, on TNT:

10:00 AM Blood Money (season 5, episode 2)
    11:00 AM Red Tape (s 5, ep 3)
    12:00 PM Tapped Out (s 5, ep 6)
    1:00 PM Strike Three (s 5, ep 7)
    2:00 PM Identity Theft (s 5, ep 9)
    3:00 PM Smells Like Murder (s 5, ep 10)
    4:00 PM Maternal Instincts (s 5, ep 11)
    5:00 PM Waivers of Extradition (s 5, ep 12)

All times above are Eastern. Check local listings for time and channel in your area.

11. Desertwind

From the latest TV Guide, dated Dec. 7-20~

G.W. BAILEY'S STRAIGHT UP..What's in a name? After 5 seasons, we'll find out when the mystery around the first name of Lieutenant Provenza [G.W. Bailey] is finally solved. But, Brenda Leigh Johnson [Kyra Sedgwick] won't be the one cracking the case-those honors go to Provenza's former partner, Det. Andrews, a retired member of the LAPD, played by Beau Bridges. [The Bridges are Hollywood royalty. Just sitting around talking with Beau is alot of fun, says Bailey of the guest star] And with Andrews arrival, Bailey will have a chance to show another side of his loveable curmudgeon character as he grapples with a shocking revelation by his old friend. "It will be a side of Provenza that Provenza has never seen before", says Bailey. "He will learn and, I like to think, grow a little bit as a human being, it's quite profound, should fans prepare to be stunned when Provenza's first name is utterd for the 1st time? "It's not like his name is Alice, or like the great Johnny Cash song "Sue', but it's a name that really aggravates him", Bailey says, who claims to be in the dark about why exactly that is. Perhaps Brenda's services will be required after all, and he adds "I love every episode that I do, this guys great-he sort of marches to his own drum, and I like that"

12. Desertwind

Brenda [Kyra Sedgwick] and the boys are back for a run of 3 new episodes beginning this week. The first has the squad investigating the death of a 12 yr. old boy whose father and brother are both gang members. Meanwhile, Fritz [Jon Tenney] brings home a fuury surprise for Brenda, and there's trouble brewing in Provenza's [G.W. Bailey] romantic paradise.

13. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

Brilliant, brilliant episode.
    Fritz, Brenda's shoes and Joel stole the show!

14. Desertwind

I was indeed, fantastic. Joel, she goes "what kind of name is that for a kitty":lol: and was resistant to keep him so Fritz said "he's my kitty":thumbsup: but she at the end was holding and petting him. The gang story nasty guys, gang raping that poor girl, and the scuz bag dad. As always it was riveting~ Brenda rocks:bolian:

15. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

I got laughing cramps when Brenda referred to Joel as she :guffaw: