Emily/Calleigh #13 - SuperCalleighfragilisticexpeEmilicious!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Mar 26, 2010.

1. aussieturtle

aussieturtle Witness

Thanks for the info, but why were they dressed like that if it wasn't halloween? Yeah it is nice, even though its just a side venture, you can tell she has a lot of fun with the band. Not to mention she looks golden in that interview, I love her comment about the shoes lol.

2. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

It was a Halloween show. It was a really hysterical interview and I loved it. I also loved the other appearance on Ellen where Emily has Ellen take the "Southerner's Quiz" that she made up. There was another appearance, which I haven't been able to find on YouTube where Emily gives Ellen a tiara.

The only interview that I've seen where she isn't being bubbly and funny was the one with Larry King (I think). She was talking politics and global political situations. I knew before then that she is very intelligent, but, geez, the astuteness of her knowledge and grasp of the subjects astounded me for a minute. Her IQ is right on up there. What a package. No wonder she has generally played highly intelligent women.

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  3. aussieturtle

aussieturtle Witness

Ohhh, I havent watched the other two Ellen appearances. I also havent seen that Larry King one. Just as a general question for everyone, who supports the Eric/Calleigh relationship and who doesn't? Because I saw an ET video where Emily basically said that they do listen to the fans, and I wondered if this extended to their relationship as well.

4. ECRocks

ECRocks Witness

I just love all interviews with Emily they are amazing She is absolutly amazing xD She is one of the best actresses(I think xD) I just wanted to give you my opinion ..:cool:
    x

5. aussieturtle

aussieturtle Witness

I agree. She is simply amazing, and quite under rated too. Without her the sheercover infomercial would be very boring lol.

Anyone have any other links of worthwhile interviews, not that anything with her in it wouldnt be worthwhile of course.

As for my own view on EC, I think its time for a change. They are fine as a couple, I dont feel particularly one way or the other about them, so I dont especially want them to break up. But every episode seems to have their relationship in jeopardy. Why cant they just be a normal happy couple for a little bit? Maybe something small, like a quick peck on the cheek every now and then to remind us that they are indeed a couple, and occasionally a spotlight on it, like some kind of a strain or something more intimate. At the moment it seems like every episode has a 'will the relationship survive this case?' moment. Or, if they insist on making a massive deal of it, at least make something major happen. I know if I was in Calleigh's shoes I would be taking Eric aside and seeing if he is truly serious. Their relationship is so strained as it is, I think its time they either broke up and put an end to the half romantic dilly dallying, or decide they are going to give it 100% and stick with that. So basically in summary, split or have a good effort, because its getting a bit tedious.

6. mayra1990

mayra1990 Prime Suspect

7. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Thanks, Mayra, for the link to the TV Guide article! Emily said she thinks that Calleigh has an 80% chance of surviving the season finale, but I think that her odds are even better than that. :thumbsup: Calleigh is such a central and beloved character of CSIM that I can't see the show killing her off at this point. IMO, there's so much potential still for the character, and for her relationship with Eric. For these and many other reasons that others have raised in this and other threads, I believe that Calleigh will be a returning character next season.

As my screen name suggests, I'm a huge fan of Eric & Calleigh's romantic relationship. :adore: But I and many other E/C-fans have expressed similar concerns to yours regarding how TPTB have been handling their romance, especially towards the end of Season 7 and in the 1st half of Season 8. I agree that it would be nice to see Eric and Calleigh just being happy together for a change. But thus far, the writers have seemed determined to keep throwing these piddly little "obstacles" in the way of their relationship.:rolleyes: None of these so-called obstacles ends up posing any long-term threat to the E/C romance, which makes you wonder why the writers even bother to try drumming up trouble for the couple in the first place. :shifty: I certainly don't want Eric & Calleigh to break up:( (they're one of my favorite TV pairings), but I do wish that TPTB would just leave them well enough alone. It would be great if the writers would stop trying to create "issues" for Eric & Calleigh, and spread some of the "drama" to the other cast-members. Tom Loman is supposed to get a love-interest next season ... maybe they'll shift some of the romantic angst to him, for a change!:lol:

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  8. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Thanks for the article!
    I'm so glad that Emily thinks she will stay, because that proves she may not be thinking of leaving after all :) I wonder who will die - really hope it's some minor character...not Natalia or Ryan! That would be cruel...

9. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Okay: Adam's definately staying, so is Emily, Horatio just can't die, Ryan and Natalia are possible but I still doubt it..... But I think it's either Walter or Jesse...but I think it's Walter(no offense to Omar)... and I'm usually right.

10. Jellybean

Jellybean Victim

As long as Eric, Calleigh and Horatio are safe (Ryan and Natalia too, to a lesser extent), I can't say I really care who goes. :rolleyes:

I'm glad Emily seems to think her chances of surviving are pretty good, as Delquesne says, she's one of the original characters and the show just wouldn't be the same without her.

Also loved her comment about the E/C relationship, I'm all for them moving things forward. :)

11. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Hey all, just a quick reminder that this thread is for discussion about Emily/Calleigh, and discussion about the E/C ship should be kept to the E/C shipper thread in the Shipper Forum.

Forum guidelines and links to the Board Rules can be found in the Miami Forum Info & Help Thread.

Thanks. :)

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I really hope that Emily stays because it was hard enough watching without Adam I don't even want to imagine watching without Emily. As long as she and Eric are safe whatever else happens makes little diference to me. Walter was really growing on me and makes me laugh but lately he's gotten really snappy and it's been quite annoying for me. I think that Emily is an integral part of the show and having been there since the beginning makes her even more important. I loved that she mentioned in the interview that she wants Eric and Cal's relationship to take the next step and I hope that's something I can look forward to next season so of course I'm hoping that Emily is there and I can see it all play out :).

13. aussieturtle

aussieturtle Witness

FieldMouse, I apologise. That was my fault. But of course if I asked that question in an EC shipper thread the answers would all be unanimous. I wanted to see what general Calleigh fans thought of it, not people who were diehard fans of the couple.

Anyway, I dont think Jesse would go. Not so soon after brining him on. Although I did see this coming, because Eddie was Adams replacement if my memory serves correctly. So now that Adam is back in the main cast again, the show is paying for one actor they dont really need, so its imminent that they would kill someone off. I hope it isnt either Jesse or Walter, I like them both. If anything I'd rather it be the sheriff guy, but then they still have to replace him, and hes pretty cool too. I think I will be sad no matter who it is (unless of course its Horatio but that wont happen)

14. Briget

Briget Civilian

Stays Emily in the show???? tell me yes please!!!

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Hello Briget! :)

As of right now we don't know exactly where Emily's contract stands. We have not heard of it being renewed or otherwise. We do know she commented on an interview that she was talking to some of the writers or producers (don't remember who exactly) about season 9 so many think that she'll be back because she's already been discussing next season.

There's nothing concrete but in my opinion with Miami changing it's timeslot it would be a very unwise decision to kill off such a beloved character and piss off a huge section of the fanbase. It's pretty obvious Calleigh is a very popular character and that a lot of people tune in because they enjoy watching Emily/Calleigh. But anyhow, we'll know somewhere in the next few months.