Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

A flare gun, now that would be sort of funny. Yeah but after his accidental killing of Demetrius James, I just do not see Greg carrying a gun ever still. It's actually one of the reasons I love his character is that he does not carry one.

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

A paintball gun? With pink paint so the serial killer will just get purely humiliated and Greg runs off screaming, "PSYCH!!!" with a big L on his forehead.

3. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Now I would have to agree that I wouldn't mind seeing Greg finally have his moment to shine. And in a positive light for a change. He is overdue an episode or a story arch built around his character. I mean, for crying out loud, my guy has been fortunate in having and episode centered around him for the past couple of seasons, why can't Greg. Perhaps a situation that, in the end, will prove his maturity as a level 3 CSI. (Not saying that he's immature, but he's mentioned about still being looked upon as the wacky labrat he used to be)

And perhaps why we haven't seen him step up in potentially dangerous situations and be the hero, is because he doesn't carry a weapon. But that is just my personal opinion.

:shifty: I think I will just make my way to the other side of the room and steer clear on this comment. :lol:

4. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

You know what I would like to see in season 11. A Doc Robbins centered episode. Has there ever been one??? I don't think so! That guy is on the show since season 1. Not that he's my favorite, but I think Robbins kinda deserves that. And so does David Philips.

5. Athersgeo

Athersgeo Rookie

There actually kinda was one in season 9 (Dead Gone Train, I *think* it was. The one with the rabies and the bats.). He also got a lot of the 'B' story in Iced during season 5. That's not to say I don't think he deserves another!

6. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

In stead of a lab rats episode focused on Hodges and Wendy (don't get me wrong...I do wish for more of them in season 11 ;)) they could do such an episode with Doc and Superdave....

7. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

Oh I so agree on a Doc/David episode. I love David, I think he is very funny. B/c he isn't as used as Hodges, I think we haven't gotten used to his jokes as much. They're still something rare and pretty fresh on the show. :)

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree. David is funny. His overshares are hilarious.

9. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I agree with you guys.Robbins and David are the best medical examiners ever made for a tv show!!!Please give them a nice storyline next season!!

10. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

I would like them to not forget what happened in the finale. Nick got shot...Ray got stabbed...let's make it realistic and and assume that these events actually effected our CSI's instead of sweeping it under the rug as they always do (Grave Danger being the biggest post episodes joke ever...Tarentino gave them the best episode ever x2 and what did they do? They squandered it for other story lines.)

I feel that the writers need to take a creative writing course over the summer and learn what works and what doesn't...and if I wanted those dramatic love stories and personal stories I would watch old reruns of hte Waltons or Little House on the Prairie. I want meaty stories with forensics and detached investigation and CSI's acting like CSI's, not John Wayne. The police officers go in first then our CSI's.

Don't get me wrong...I like certain elements of the finale, Nick getting shot made sense, Ray getting stabbed didn't. The police officer not taking a lead seemed off...he almost appeared incompetent in his job. Police are police and science geeks are science geeks....get the roles correct.

We need less character driven stories (not none but less) and more intriguing crime scenes and good forensics.....Let Ray be a CSI...not the constant center of attention...Bring in new faces and dynamics and allow them to interact with the older CSI's...teach, inform and learn. Where is the fight in our characters? Catherine needs to sharpen those nails but not against our beloved Brass.

Sara has matured and is less emotional, let her take a lead once in a while. And Greg is very capable as far as I can tell to possibly fill in for Nick (supervision) while he recuperates....let him and Cath take a case as supervisors...show Greg's strengths.

I want more than what I have seen this year, though it was better than last year. and I want this show to last a long time....but if Fishburne quits after next season then we will be back to where we were when Petersen left....The key would be to grow all the characters and allow Nick and Catherine to be the supervisors and not center on just one person.

11. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I want basically the same thing. Unfortunately, the show has gone the way of more character centered storylines. Not like I mind, but some just seem to work more than others. Catherine in Weeping Willows, Built to Kill. Nicky in Grave Danger, Greg in Fannysmakin' all those were character based and (besides BTK, hated both parts) were some of the best.

I think it depends on how it's done. I hated the both cases in The Panty Sniffer, but loved Ray and Nick and of course Catherine and Vartann interacting.

Sara has come a long way. I have never been a GSR fan but I have to say Sara has matured and come into her own. I couldn't say if that's because she is in a very secure marriage or if it's because she got rid of her own demons. To have another Sara centered case wouldn't bother me now as much as it would have.

Greg is another one to have another story arc. Possibly more of his quirky geeky side could come out.

Personal storyline aren't necessarily a bad thing. I think it's how well it's done.

And according to our favorite producer that's what's in store for us next season. ;)

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I'd like to see what happened to Greg's book about Old Vegas he was in the midst of writing when Warrick got shot. They seemed to have shelved that, and the personal lives of the team and Nick with a girl at long last, maybe Greggie too. It would be cute to see Super Daves wife and Doc's too, and I'd love to see Dr. Ray's wife. His real life wife Gina, was the warden in S/4's "XX", so that wouldn't be a far stretch to bring her back, as his wife on the show;)

13. Athersgeo

Athersgeo Rookie

What I'd like to see in season 11 is opening titles that aren't STILL using shots from season 5!

14. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

As the token Brass fan around here, I'd like to see Ellie get more than a passing mention four years after we last saw her. She was in three episodes and mentioned frequently and then after S6 *poof* nothing. Did she die? Is she now running a rehab center in LA? PG isn't going to stick around much longer (I figure he has to at least be in the 11x01) so I'd really like Brass and Ellie to get some closure before he starts his second career as a night watchman.

I'd also like to see Brass find a nice woman who cooks. Or at least one who doesn't end up arrested by the end of the episode. Man, what do they have against the guy?

15. gregfan3

gregfan3 Police Officer

I love Brass too, beaujolais! What is not to love, he is like a walking teddy bear, I just want to hug him. On top of that Mr. Guilfoyle plays hockey (super cool in my book:))! I would kind of like to see him end up with the cop he knew from back in good ol' New Jersey from the episode Hollywood Brass. They had good chemitsry, and they made a good team. It would sure be nice to see him break through to Ellie, finally (for his sake more than for hers). It still makes me cry when he cries when she leaves to go back to Jersey at the end of Ellie. He is a softie, and a loveable one at that...:).

I am very curious about if they will start the season literally where they left off, or if it will be several months later, with everyone back to full strength, and kicking some criminal butt.

I hope they really will let us get to know Greg better this coming season, he is my favorite character, and I would like to know everything:)!

I look forward to all of the new and exciting science they will bring us next season (I admit it, I am a total science geek:lol:)! I would love to see more solid team efforts, like the last few episodes of this season, with some personal story sprinkled evenly throughout the season, to please every fan's tastes.

As for me (and as long as Eric Szmanda comes back), I am really looking forward to watching my all-time favorite show when it returns for it's 11th season:)!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.