Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

You Have Entered The Spoiler Lab, STOP Or Be Spoiled! :eek:

Welcome To Season 11!!! Just like last season's Spoiler Lab, Smokey & DJRideout ask that you read, remember, and respect the following regarding this thread.

This thread is for the discussions of spoilers regarding future episodes, story-lines, and characters as they relate to the current season in the US. This thread has nothing to do with the actors/actresses themselves, ship discussions in general, or past episodes. Each of these have their own respective threads and/or forum. Some comparisons to past episodes is fine as long as it follows the line of your current discussion, but don't let it dominate.

What Should I Know About Spoilers?

Spoiler Code Boxes:

• Not needed! The warning is already in the thread title. You may discuss freely here. :)

Copyrights, Sites, & Pictures:

• Posting a spoiler word for word (or lines as well) is not allowed, we ask that you put it in a short summery of you're own words. Otherwise, you can just post a short description and then link to the site for the rest (as long as it's not one of the sites we are not allowed to link to...see below).

• Some places prefer that you not link to them for the spoilers. You are not allowed to mention or link to places such as SpoilerTV. You are also not allowed to link to or mention casting sides, and do not quote any portions of scripts here. Copyright violations will be edited and or removed.

• Spoiler pictures should be placed in the spoiler picture thread, not here.

Shipper Discussion:

• Shipper discussion is allowed in this thread only as it pertains to a particular episode/spoiler. All other ship discussion should be done in the Shipper Central forum.
    Episode Threads:

• If there is already a discussion thread up for an episode, please discuss that episode in that thread, as this is for future episodes. This thread is for Las Vegas spoilers only. Any Spoilers for Miami or New York belong in their respective forums.
    And last but not least, please remember that spoilers are subject to change and should only be considered as a guide to what could be happening in that episode, and not what will happen. :)

If you have any problems or questions, especially about citing sources and what you can/cannot post, please do not hesitate to contact one of your friendly LV mods, Smokey or DJRideout. Have fun! :)

2. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Anyone knows when the first information about season 11 will be announced?

3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well I think this week Wednesday CBS announces it's Fall Schedule, so we will at least know if and when it will be on then.

4. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I hear tomorrow, CBS will announce the fall schedule. May 17 or could be Wednesday. We will wait and see.

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

According to all the TV sites I have seen, including thefutoncritic.com it is May 19th, which is Wednesday.

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Thanks for posting that, Desertwind! I'm glad CSI is still on Thursdays.

As for 'Cold Case' it has been cancelled.

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

The writers return to work the first week in June to start mapping out the season premiere. Shooting for season 11 starts mid-July. So, usually, spoilers start surfacing around then.

However, the second half of season 10 was pretty dry regarding spoilers.

9. KFK

KFK Witness

What I'm about to say is simply my opinion...agree...disagree...your choice. Please understand, I'm a fan of the CSI fanchise, especially the original series. Kudos to its creator and writers for entertaining us the past ten years.

That being said...here's my gripe about the orginal series...

The main actors contract's are up, and they want more money...welcome to your viewership world. We all want pay increases, but in the real world that doesn't happens. We all should earn your salaries.

Reportedly, Marg Helgenberger is earning $395.000 an episode, Lawrence Fishburne $390,000...lets assume George Eads, Gary Szmanda, Paul Guilfoyle, and Jorja Fox are making (on the extremely low side) $200.000 an episode. That means each main actor is making 4 - 9 million dollars for 22 episodes a year. I doubt the writers or production crew make that kind of buck. I know for a fact, most of the viewing public isn't earning that money.

Let's not forget they're afforded (roughly) three months off a year. Yes, they work twelve-eighteen hour days, but so do their viewing audience. Unfortunately, we don't receive three months down time...with pay... to do whatever. Their fans are lucky to afford a week of vacation on over extended credit cards.

Sure the argument can be made their careers are short lived, just as all sports figures pronounce, but come on ...really...do they want to make that argument? Anyone one of us can experience a short lived career, an accident, a life altering incident, death. Longevity and mortality are unknown.

I'm sorry to bitch, but it's hard for me to stomach their primadonna attitude. If they want to leave the show...leave...so be it...who cares?

What the CSI actors fail to realize...they can be replaced...just like the rest of us in our jobs. Hollywood is filled with extremely talented, hungry and willing actors to take their place. The storyline is what drives the CSI series, and always will. We love certain characters, but find the right replacement and our memory is short lived. The old character will fade away (despite the die-hard few.)

Law and Order spent twenty years on air, a phenomenal record in television today. If I'm not mistaken, no one from the first year is on the show currently. The writers kept the series alive, they grew it, evolved it, and made us accept the new characters. They kept viewers coming back, not the actors.

Current CSI actors should take notice. If they believe the series will fail without them...they're wrong. The next Catherine Willows, Ray Langston, Jim Brass, Nick Stokes, Sara Sidle, Greg Sanders are nipping at their heals. Given the right storyline and character replcement, viewers will fall in love with the next replacement. Admirers may sing praises today, but admiration fades fast.

If the CSI actors thought they didn't get other roles because they were on a high rated series, or because they were typecast...guess again. Maybe they didn't show their “bones” so to speak. If they were good enough for a part, other studios would work with the CSI creators and CBS. You're only good as your last part. Maybe that's why we see William Peterson acting in plays in Chicago vs. NYC and Broadway (even off Broadway,) or why Jorja Fox quickly returned to her bread and butter. A steady paycheck is always better than none...no matter how good you perceive your abilities to be. A job is always better than no job...$4MM is better than NO $MM!

Again, the above are my thoughts...nothing more or less.

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I agree with you, but on the other hand, I don't think anyone else but George Eads could play Nick Stokes.

And if the cast is replaced, I won't be back.

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

To be fair, we don't actually know that all of them want more money. George is the only one who has mentioned money. For others it just said "they're looking for a new deal" which could simply mean just a new contract, not necessarily more money. For all we know, some of those looking for a new deal could be asking for some leeway/time to do other projects during next season.

I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with them asking for a raise after ten years. I really and truly don't. What would bother me is if they throw a hissy and threaten to quit if they don't get the raise (and so far there has been no mention of anyone threatening in a hissy-fit manner to do that- just casually saying they don't know what they will do and that they'll have to wait and see is not throwing a hissy-fit, so... haven't seen that type of behavior yet). Many people in many jobs ask for a raise after ten or more years on the job.

And I still say that what the CSI actors are making is peanuts compared to what the actors on Friends got per 30 minute episode (a million per ep, really? for 30 minutes? next to that 300,000 for an hour long show is peanuts). And the Friends actors banded together and decided they would strike if they didn't get a raise!

As for recasting: This is not the same as L&O. There is a different type of fanbase for a large portion. It would not go over well with the majority of fans. The majority of the fans of the CSI shows want the characters they grew to love over the years. Replacements/new additions do not always go over well in the CSI world. The fanbase is split on Ray/LF. But take a look at the Eddie/Jesse thing on Miami. A lot of fans did not like that at all because they saw him as replacing Adam/Eric when Adam and CBS could not come to an agreement on contract issues and that was just one character/actor. Replacing an entire cast all at once would be even worse with the original CSI (the backlash would be I mean). The ratings would drop so low that the show would be forced into cancellation faster than a speeding bullet. Look at how much the ratings have already dropped just because WP and GD left the show.

I honestly don't think the show would or could survive if the rest of the remaining original cast members were to be replaced. If a cancellation happened (which it undoubtedly would), the actors would not be the only ones to lose their jobs. The writers, directors, make up artists, set design people, etc would all lose theirs too.

12. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I agree, I don't think there is anything wrong with asking for a raise. When their contracts are up, and they need to resign, isn't asking for a raise part of contract negotiation? Can't hurt to ask.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yes, its generally a part of a new contract at ANY job. The asking doesn't hurt. But if you're turned down and you throw a huge fit in the middle of the room in front of all the other workers about it and storm out like a child, then yes, that's a different story. :lol: But just asking for more money is okay in my opinion.

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

George was just saying he wanted to be paid fairly and along the lines of Marg and Fishburne. He is a lead now and that is only fair.

As for their time off, they're not paid for that time off. Yes, they make a lot of money so it may seem like it, but they are paid per episode. If they don't appear in an episode they are not paid and since they are not shooting during the show's hiatus' they are not paid for that either.

So they don't receive pay for their downtime, but are paid a lot so it doesn't really matter.

Us normal people will never be paid like that and they should be glad they get the money they do, but without them and a show then hundres of behind-the-scenes people would not have a job.

As for them being expendable, not on this show. They can recast like L&O all they want, it won't work and the show will end.

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I as well, think they deserve what they want, after all 10 years doing the same thing over and over with long grueling hours. It's only fair that all the members of the cast earn the same salary, why not. Who wants in their workplace to be doing the same thing for less pay?:( what's fair is fair. And we aren't in the room or meetings that go, on so we really don't know what the real deal is anyway:shifty: And I've said this before, George Eads is a top star on a top show, so whatever he says is his business, he speaks his mind and why shouldn't he?, in my opinion he's earned that right, so I say GO GEORGE:bolian:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.