Episode 8x23 - 'Time Bomb' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 14, 2010.

1. srqmiamifan

srqmiamifan Victim

Wow. This is exciting news... Apparently, I'm missing a major source of news! (As in, where you got those major spoilers from...)

Anyways, because I just created an account it won't allow me to message you. Mind if I just send you a Facebook message instead? (I saw your FB through your profile.)

2. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

I don't know if somebody posted this already but this is an article in TV Guide about "Time Bomb" posted today. It's a mini interview with Krystal Houghton about tomorrow's episode and the season finale. We already know some of it but there's a bit more.
    Here's the link:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/CSI-Miami-Delko-1018517.aspx

BTW, not sure if this the right thread to post this so my apologies if I made a mistake.:)

3. das576

das576 Hit and Run

This really urks me!! Why do they have to continue to take Calleigh and Eric down? Why the Drama with them? why can't they leave them alone!!!!!???? I don't even want to watch. It's like the writers find it fun to surround these 2 with bad drama over and over.....When will they just let them be happy?

4. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

My exact sentiments! I've posted more of my POV on this at the EC thread. :(

5. slower

slower Lab Technician

Be nice, Be nice, Be nice,; I have to keep reminding myself. I am more concerned about Ryan and his ordeal than E/C's ongoing drama. Once again be nice, be nice, be nice. Deep breath.:lol: Its late.

6. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Of course! I don't mind at all. Several people have done the same. :) Feel free to message anytime!!! That's why it's there. :)

7. C&Efan

C&Efan Civilian

I also hate the thought that Eric & Calleigh's relationship may fall apart because of the investigation, don't know if I can watch the episode...but then if they do fall out maybe series 9 will bring them back together where they belong??

8. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

No surprise I join the team and say: Enough with E/C drama and let´s move on allready. When TPTB decided to have on - screen couple they might have some hopes for some E/C drama - fair enough - but this is a season later and we are seeing repeat storyline devolopment and repeat couple in trouble.

As we generally agree there is more then E/C in the cast. By all means let someone else have some action for once

9. C&Efan

C&Efan Civilian

After reading your comment I can only say "you're so right". Revisiting the same scenarios does get old, could be why the ratings have slipped a little...I like the idea that Eric has such a close bond with Horatio & I'm glad he'll be back full time next season.

10. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Im really looking forward to this episode. Jon will do a great job, as always. As some others have posted above, I really hope that the rest of the team stand by Ryan and that, particularly Eric and Calleigh dont jump to conclusions immediately.

11. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

And this is the problem; they drag the drama on, on with no resolution and as you say Ajbuckly, repeating the same storyline development, while other characters are shoved into the background.:brickwall: It has to frustrate those who are for the romance as much as it frustrates those of us who want to see more of our favorites.

That is my wish as well, having everyone rally around Ryan to help clear his name. Jon always seems to do a great job of acting when given the chance:thumbsup:

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  12. luf100

luf100 Coroner

WOW, I LOVED this episode. It was amazing. Easily the best episode of the entire season. I looooved it.
    - o0o Calleigh and Eric argument. There must still be a tiny bit of shipper left in me because I really didn't want them to argue. :( Guess it might've saved Eric's life though? Also started off showing how Calleigh was there when the car exploded so, yay, continuity!

- That sign behind Calleigh that says something about dog waste is REALLY distracting.

- Ooh Eric just told he was wearing a wire. Everyone is mad.

- Whoa, Horatio asking Stetler what to do? WEIRD.

- Holy crap Ryan. :drool:

- Followed GPS to Ryan's. Uh oh. Oh he is pissed, he yelled. Oh and he looks oh so good.

- My mom's commentary: "Ryan is little again, but that's bad cuz in jail they like the cute boys."

- Horatio almost got shot at but then got saved by a random patrol cop?

- HOLY CRAP. I knew it was coming but oh my God. AMAZING.

- All these years, you think Stetler is just a big jerk. And then they do it like this and they make it seem like in all these years they actually may have had a reason to hate him even if they didn't know it. And he really had it out for Ryan didn't he?

- Ryan forgiving Eric and shaking his hand. I think a lot of fans wanted to see something like that.

- EC scene at the end was cute.

Never seen David Lee Smith actually get to act like that on Miami, sad that he won't be around anymore, but in my opinion an awesome way for him to go out. Maybe not for Stetler though. ;) Gah, I just loved it.

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  13. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

My initial thoughts on the episode tonight..

-Rebecca's autopsy was interesting and I felt somewhat sorry for her after seeing Tom pull all that shrapnel out of her body.

-I'm not exactly clear on Sully's part in the case (I wasn't paying attention at that part) but he pulled a gun on Horatio and eventually got shot. Of course, I'm assuming he lived since he was put into an ambulance. Lucky him *ho hum*.

-Stetler set Ryan up and got taken away in cuffs; this is probably the last we'll see of him. Shame, too because I rather liked David Lee Smith's performance and his portrayal of Stetler throughout the seasons.

-Ryan was cleared, it appears he doesn't have any bad feelings about Eric going after everyone. Though, Walter still seemed a bit betrayed and that'll likely continue into next season.

-Calleigh and Eric didn't break up (for those interested), but they did have a couple scenes where they argued. I thought it played out pretty well throughout the episode; it didn't seem to take over or anything. I'm sure it'll take a while for Eric to regain everyone's trust, not just Calleigh's.

-Everyone's scenes were decent enough and spread out, though I would have liked to see some more Jesse and less Eric but I haven't gotten what I wanted out of Miami for the past 6 years so :lol: I'm not going to get what I want now.

-Saw some great emotion from Horatio during his scene with Sully as the gun was drawn on him. I love the Horatio of season 8 -- he doesn't feel the need to wield his gun around.

Hopefully next season the in-fighting and investigating stops for a while. It'll be nice to see the team gel and interact on a more friendly and professional basis. Can't wait for next week's finale!

I thought that was cool. :D It's about time someone else did the saving for a while. :p

14. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

This episode was awesome definately lived up to the hype and betrayal. I was expecting Sully to be a dirty cop but Stetler, never would've thought it! Makes sense though since he has had it out for the team for years!

I don't blame Natalia for confronting Eric in front of Calleigh and Walter, the team had a right to know. Eric looks at what he did as protecting his friends but obviously they didn't feel the same way.

I felt so bad for Ryan when his home was searched, worse by his friends and then there was the arrest. It was horrible but Ryan did get payback in the end with Stetler.

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

This is interesting because that's exactly how I thought Ryan felt in WISC. He was trying to protect E/C by not telling them what was going on. He was worried that he'd go down and lose his job for what he had to do to save Billy and he didn't want to drag them into it... but they didn't see it that way. It's kind of neat that they did something kind of similar with Eric. Maybe it will come to Eric and Ryan having a better understanding of each other now. I really rather like that idea. Mending the fences so to speak. :lol: I really like the friendship like moments between these two and I want them to continue. It's a nice dynamic I think. :)