Episode 8x22 - "Mommie Dearest" - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, May 9, 2010.

1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That sounds a lot like the US promo.Ryan did look really sad. I wonder if it will take the entire episode to find the person or persons responsible ?.

2. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I'm sorry, but where did Calleigh come from when the bomb went off and what the hell was she doing there?

Did they cut something that would explain her presence? Eric looked surprised to see her.

Both child actors were amazing! Eva was completely outstanding. She really needs to be a bigger presence on the show.

Did I miss something? Don't get me wrong. David did a wonderful job as always, But what part was supposed to be "gut-wrenching"?

I liked this episode. In fact I liked it so much that as cynical as it sounds I'm thinking that Brett Mahoney is responsible for the greater part of this episode.

3. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:wtf:David's "Gut-wrenching" and Calleigh's presence at the bomb scene remain on the cutting room floor. Or, maybe they've been retrieved and spliced into the final 2 episodes.

:scream:So much for TPTB credibility. Dube and O'Brien have learned the AD lessons well.

4. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

Sorry about this post I wanted to discuss a spoiler but goofed up the spoiler tag.

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  5. Flackhoney

Flackhoney Hit and Run

YOU two are killing me!!! My heart rate just increased by about a thousand beats!!
    Sadly though I have another hour and a bit till I can watch this episode. :(

6. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Okay, I'm beyond tired of the E/C relationship bashing in this forum. If I cannot, without several of you jumping on me for stating my enjoyment of the fledgling romantic relationship, then I cannot appreciate it if you voice your extreme dislike of it. This has bled beyond the borders of your *dislike* thread, in my opinion. This is now insulting to the supporters of the Hiphugger pairing. I'm asking as a member in this forum that feels increasingly alienated and put down on this subject, and I know many of the SINGLE Hiphuggers thread, feel the same way. I'm just the first to get fed up and say something. Tired of tired politics. You don't like it, take the poison to the dislike thread and leave the rest open to everyone else to state opinions. The happy supporters to relegate that to our lonely, single thread. Seems like the haters have so many so many threads to vent to and the supporters have only one. Not fair.

I like the relationship and enjoy the way the writers are currently handling it.

Sorry if I stepped on moderator toes, but no one seems to be creating equallibrium. God forbid anyone speaking ill and tiredness of Horatio as he is and a stagnation of character....That would be complete fodder for serious attack, wouldn't it?

7. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

eeks, y'all are killing me. I still have 1 hour and 45 mins till go time. :(

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Let's please not tell others what and/or where they can and cannot post. This thread is for both postive and opposing opinions alike. If one loved a portion of the episode, feel free to discuss. Contrarily, if one didn't love a portion of the episode, it's also fair game. Just because someone doesn't agree with one viewpoint, it doesn't necessarily mean it's 'bashing'. Things would be boring if everyone agreed all the time and a difference of opinion can make for great discussion. All that is asked is that everyone's opinions be respected and we not make things personal.

While I realize the E/C situation has become a hot topic with some passionate views, we all need to learn to co-exist. If one can't do that, it's best to step away from the keyboard for a while and come back with a cool head. In the end, it's just a fictional television show with fictional characters.

If there's an issue with a post, please use the Notify Moderator button and FieldMouse and I will review it. So let's please move on. Thanks. :)

9. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

GREAT episode. I loved it! I enjoyed the case, through and through. Kept me guessing, even though I figured it was one of the kids. I didn't really imagine the little boy had the strength to do it, but then again, it was a BAT so... yeah. I love how they did the killing of the younger brother,and how the sister took the blame :( poor girl! All the guest stars did great tonight, and everyone's acting was on par. Screen time was nice, and I'm overly anxious until EVERYONE finds out about Eric. Not that I have anything against him, it's just going to create TURMOIL! I love how they are playing this out. I feel like I'm watching a DIFFERENT show these days, Vs. the first of the season (not that I didn't enjoy it but...) It's just.. WOW. :shocked:

E/C... Gotta just say, thumbs up to the writers. I was always... in the 'don't care either way' bracket, but I am actually starting to like them, if they are played the way they have been this half of the season. Subtle. Under the radar but yet you know what is up in their personal lives. NICELY DONE!!

As for next week's previews... I can't even begin to say how ANXIOUS I am!!! SIX DAYS.SIX FREAKING DAYS TO SEE THIS RESOLVED. Argh! I know what happens but STILL...

Can I also just add as my friend Gooniegirl pointed out to me on FB? No body plays Angst like Jon Togo! I'm excited for it all... and SHOOT... if you're going to get hauled away in cuffs, you might as well do it looking EXTREMELY SMOKIN' HOT! Goodnessss, that look he gave when the doors shut! HAHA! :drool: What was I saying again?

10. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

Oh, well put! :bolian:

I really loved seeing the Calleigh-has-moved-in-with-Eric scene. It was great to get that sign that they're taking the relationship seriously without it being told to the audience so literally. Though, I am slightly confused with Calleigh's presence at the end. I'm going to assume that she was just waiting in the car while Eric went to drop off something quick to Rebecca.

Did anybody catch what Natalia said to Ryan near the end? "just supposed to analyze the evidence, not pass judgement." I kinda felt like that was the writers throwing in our words about the butchering attitude of Ryan as of late. Ryan gave that look of "Oh, yeah. Right."

Dunno, could be reading into it too much, =)

11. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

You know what, you have ideally summarized what I have been saying all along and with the public summary, I no longer trust the mods to be fair. I've been shot down, trying to be reasonable, one too many times. Good luck with that. I really hope that things will be different this time. I really hope the next time I voice my hiphugger support I won't be shouted down in a page and a half of hate. Go to the latest in the Eric/Calleigh support thread and see if I am alone. I'm not. This is now hitting and alienating and rediculous, and it needs to be cooled down and stopped and brought to a civil level on this thread.

Again if those that have multiple and agrreeable paths to vent their displeasure and into the hatred, then those of us that have hope and rejoyice in the future relationship need equal vent , too. I request this for me and my fellow hiphuggers an additional support forum...the haters are allowed to bleed into and even bully the hiphuggers in any other forum from the spoiler thread and beyond...schoolteacher here-bullying is my watchword and a hated thing and it's happening here, at this forum and I can stand up to it if no one else is going to, especially if the haters aren't checked into one specified forum-That would be the ONE dislike thread, not the several multiple that have turned into it. Look into it. I'm not lying. Bullying cannot be tollerated. Period. It's happening. Right here. Or is it that you are all on the same page and hate the hiphugger thing and only offer one thread to shut us up? Come clean or get called out. Mods can't be biased.

This has become an encreasingly hostile site for many of the hiphugger community and I call on the moderators to even the playing field, once and for all.

I am done being bullied, which is what we Hiphuiggers have been enduring.

Jump on me if you want, but this is a public voicing of what many of us have been feeling. Flame me. I'm wearing flame retardant jammies. I have severely sensored of my opinion of what some, that I have read, think.

Oh and if I never mentioned that as a former Journalism major and now as a Special Education Advocate Educator,voicing the unpopular doesn't bother me, even though in the average, pendantic world, the Hiphuggers actually have the in cannon upper hand. I'm just exhausted of the allowing of the venom against to bleed onto the other forums and by, that, making them hostile to the supporters of the said thread. Calling on the mods, to actually, equally moderate, which I have no reason to see so far, and help tamp down and direct to the dislike threads those vocal few that volcanic-like spew hatred and poison many other threads. If we can be shouted down, so can they. Moderate them.

Beat me with words as you may do. I'm only being the first vocal one in a list of many that don't just want to rock the boat here. We're getting more annoyed and some, even angrier at the disrespect we are dealt with. Equal threads for equal ideas. I don't care of what others think. I only care about equality.

12. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I think someone needs to take a chill pill...:wtf:

E/C isn't the first fanbase to face this issue, nor will it be the last, besides, it's already a pairing with strong fan support and canon support, so I don't see what's the big problem. People disagree, people are gonna be passionate about what they think, every fandom has faced this battle.

There are valid points made about E/C being so much focused that sometimes other characters don't get their moments. And people should be well within their rights to make remarks about that.

On the other hand, E/C fans have their rights to stand up for their pairing too and not let other people walk over them.

Yes, it is often a heated field of discussion, but if you can't stand the fire, then get out of the kitchen. It's something you just learn to deal with and get over. This is a fictional show, it isn't real life. It's not like the world's gonna end because people are disagreeing.

Besides, people in this thread made comments about E/C were all pertaining to episodes and backed up with valid reasonings as to why they weren't happy with the direction of E/C, it's not like they just started ranting about it randomely. This is a forum for intelligent and varied discussions, disagreements are not bashing when people present some reasonable arguements.

Anyways, this is a thread about the episode, not an E/C thread, and most people have focused their comments on the episode, in fact, some happy ones about E/C.

I don't care for the pairing either way, but since E/C is canon, I just don't see why people get all worked up about it. You got your canon, deal with it, as harsh as that sounds, it's the way it'll always be.

I learned a long time ago that you just suck it up and deal with it, people are always gonna disagree. E/C isn't the only fanbase that's constantly put on the firing line.

13. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I really enjoyed this episode! Good use of the entire cast. The child actors were very good. Ryan didn't have alot to do but looked great doing it. I also loved how he threw in some wonderful facial expressions! He always makes the most out of his performance. Ryan being dragged away in handcuffs upset me. It looks to be very intense and am looking forward to a great performance from Jon, assuming they don't lock him up in jail and we don't see him the rest of the episode. That would be a tragic waste! BTW, did Calleigh come across as being a busybody to you in this episode? I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe a preview of coming attractions.

14. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

As a Rick Stetler fan, I know exactly how you feel.

15. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

It's because no one on the moderator side here has tried to stop the bashing and telling us to "suck it up" or to "take a chill pill" just adds to the cr*p pile. Yes it's canon and the in show reality, but those of us that are on the supportive side are tired of having ourselves, the relationship, the characters and the actors, themselves, bashed and mashed into the ground. Pleas to the mods go unanswered other than the occasional "play nice". Gods forbid we dare to stand up for ourselves and we get slapped down like dogs that deficated on the living room carpet. It's beyond insulting at this point and I'm just the first one, lately, that's put it out in a very vocal manner. Mostly we've just retreated to one or two threads so that we're left alone.

That being said, Mommie Deadest was good. I loved the plotline and how the touchy subject of parental abuse was handled. In many domestic abuse cases, one parent is usually the aggressor, the other passive and, perhaps, fearful, and a great number of times, the children are the outlets of the abusive anger. It was well done with sensitivity toward the family, especially the children as the onion-like multilayered plot was peeled away.

I wish the writers would have allowed Natalia to react far more strongly to this, being a domestic abuse survivor, herself. Her late ex, Nick, even went so far as to break her arm once. It would have been nice to see a real, emotionally connected reaction from Natalia. It would have been great material for Eva LaRue to shine.

It also would have been nice to see a more connected reaction out of Calleigh. While growing up as a child of an alcoholic parent, even if they aren't physically abusive, there is psychological and emotional abuse there, just harder to see than bruises or a black eye. I ought to know. It would have been nice to see more of an emotional connection to the case there too.

But, for what it was with such a delicate subject, the writers did well.