Episode 8x22 - "Mommie Dearest" - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

FieldMouse

Hub Master
(futon critic)

CSI: MIAMI [EPISODE TITLE CHANGE]
Air Date: Monday, May 10, 2010
Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: (#822) "Mommie Deadest"

WHEN A SUBURBAN SOCCER MOM IS MURDERED, THE CSIs UNCOVER HER FAMILY'S DARK PAST, WHILE DELKO CONTINUES HIS UNDERCOVER MISSION, ON "CSI: MIAMI," MONDAY, MAY 10

"Mommie Deadest" - When a suburban soccer mom is murdered, the CSIs uncover her family's dark past, while Delko continues his undercover mission, on CSI: MIAMI, Monday, May 10 (10:01-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS
Horatio Caine............................. David Caruso
Calleigh Duquesne....................... Emily Procter
Eric Delko............................. Adam Rodriguez
Jesse Cardoza............................ Eddie Cibrian
Ryan Wolfe............................... Jonathan Togo
Det. Frank Tripp................................ Rex Linn
Natalia Boa Vista........................... Eva La Rue
Walter Simmons............................ Omar Miller

RECURRING CAST
Tom Loman...................... Christian Clemenson
Dave Benton............................... Wes Ramsey
Rebecca Nevins...................... Christina Chang
Rick Stetler............................ David Lee Smith
John "Sully" Sullivan...................... Brad Leland

GUEST CAST
Andrea Williams........................... Olesya Rulin
Cody Williams................................ Colin Ford
Laura Williams.......................... Fay Masterson
Chuck Williams............................ Mark Moses
Logan Price.................................. Nic Robuck
Joel Clark.................................. Marc Raducci
Bridgette Clark......................... Andrea Bogart
Young Andrea Williams............ Brighid Fleming
Bradley Williams............... Cameron Castaneda
ND Guest #1................................. Katie Ward
ND Guest #2.................................. Matt Huhn

WRITTEN BY: Krystal Houghton & Brett Mahoney

DIRECTED BY: Gina Lamar
RATING: To Be Announced

Very excited for this one! Slightly concerned that Krystal is one of the writers, but she has put out some good scripts in the past. ...aaaaannndd, Sully is back, eh? Marvelous.

I have that same concern about Krystal.I'll keep my fingers crossed that she doesn't make too big a mess of Ryan's character,which is her norm.The episode does have a great recurring cast, and that is exciting.

As you all said, I'm a little scared to see what Krystal has in store for us... hopefully something good, at least that's what I'm hoping :scream: On the plus side, I am excited to see Rebecca Nevins come back and of course having Stetler around always makes things more interesting (I mean that in a good way of course). As always, I am looking forward to Monday night! :thumbsup:

It's nice to see they're dealing with a 'suburban soccer mom' instead of 'billionaire and his model trophy wife' this week. Although, their definition of 'suburban' might be different than mine. :p

Can't wait to see Colin Ford! I loved that kid on Supernatural.

Also, I'm interested in seeing how Delko's investigation pans out now that Natalia knows about it and why Sully was brought back into the mix. I'm remaining cautiously optimisitc regarding the outcome and seems like there's a bit of a Case A, Case B situation going on, which is cool.

Last edited:
I think Krystal wrote WISC, so it wasn't to far out of character for Ryan. But this season ,she has been WAY off base. Let's hope she gets the hint this time. I'm wanting to trust this so bad, but I know I'll get let down. Three in a row is to much to ask!!!

As for the episode, super, SUPER excited! I CAN NOT WAIT!!!! :D

I think Krystal wrote WISC, so it wasn't to far out of character for Ryan. But this season ,she has been WAY off base. Let's hope she gets the hint this time. I'm wanting to trust this so bad, but I know I'll get let down. Three in a row is to much to ask!!!

To go from not "too far out of character" for Ryan to "way off base" is worrisome to me.Everytime I see her name attached to an episode I'll wonder what stupid or ridiculous thing she'll have him do or say,or if she'll give him the attitude from hell that makes him look like an ass.I wouldn't mind a mistake every now and then,if the mistakes are shared among all the characters.
Asking that a character be "in character" three times in a row isn't too much,it's consistency.
I am looking forward to the recurring characters,it looks to have the makings of a good episode.

Last edited:
I am kinda confuse regarding the Ep title- isn't it suppose to be "Mommie Deadest"?

Looking forward to this episode too and I hope the writing will remain consistent not just in this episode but all through out the finale. Hmmm , wonder why Sully is back.

Well, this time she has a co-writer, so maybe it'll be okay. :crosses fingers:
Hope so,but I think the co writer is rather new,Krystal is the more experienced of the two,but we can always hope.

I am kinda confuse regarding the Ep title- isn't it suppose to be "Mommie Deadest"?

Looking forward to this episode too and I hope the writing will remain consistent not just in this episode but all through out the finale. Hmmm , wonder why Sully is back.
I don't remember where I read it,but the title was changed.

^^ I'm not sure what's up with the title -- it went from 'deadest' to 'dearest' then back to 'deadest' -- but then on my cable guide it says 'dearest'. The finale title seems to be slightly changed on various sites as well (some say it's All Fall Down, some include 'They').
Maybe the CBS site has the accurate title for those -- I haven't checked.

As for the episode -- I'm curious to see how the investigation unfolds; what dirt Rebecca will try to dig up on our CSIs; where Sully comes in; how Natalia reacts to Eric's presence, etc.

Like the previous episode, this one will air on CTV at 8pm EST in certain parts of Canada

I think Krystal wrote WISC.

To go from not "too far out of character" for Ryan to "way off base" is worrisome to me.Everytime I see her name attached to an episode I'll wonder what stupid or ridiculous thing she'll have him do or say,or if she'll give him the attitude from hell that makes him look like an ass.I wouldn't mind a mistake every now and then,if the mistakes are shared among all the characters.
Asking that a character be "in character" three times in a row isn't too much,it's consistency.
I am looking forward to the recurring characters,it looks to have the makings of a good episode.

No, I'd say this Kristal made an utter disaster out of WISC. Ryan had a chance to shine, but he was totally upstaged by E/C. That speaks volumes.

I'll be watching because Rick and Sully are in it, though. I hope "Kristal" won't screw them up too badly. :scream:

I think Krystal wrote WISC.

No, I'd say this Kristal made an utter disaster out of WISC. Ryan had a chance to shine, but he was totally upstaged by E/C. That speaks volumes.

I'll be watching because Rick and Sully are in it, though. I hope "Kristal" won't screw them up too badly. :scream:

Good point, both of you. And Jag Lady, you are beyond right about E/C in the actual episode. I was meaning he was in character, by doing what was right for Billy rather than thinking of himself. But now when I think about it, it could have actually been handled differently. I'm so tired of everyone doubting his intentions. I hope the spoilers are true, and they really do stick by him for a change!! In RL, or another show even, they'd know by now his intentions were good, IMO. ;)

Good point, both of you. And Jag Lady, you are beyond right about E/C in the actual episode. I was meaning he was in character, by doing what was right for Billy rather than thinking of himself. But now when I think about it, it could have actually been handled differently. I'm so tired of everyone doubting his intentions. I hope the spoilers are true, and they really do stick by him for a change!! In RL, or another show even, they'd know by now his intentions were good, IMO. ;)

Yeah, I can bearly stomach watching the opening scene from WISC because we are forced to put up with E/C to see Ryan deal with his beating. Then we have to watch the arrogant, harsh judgment of E/C when Ryan can finally turn over the evidence he's been holding so that Billy won't be killed.

It makes me very nervous about this episode considering who the writer is. She doesn't appear to hold Ryan in very high regard, but does appear to think that E/C walks on water.

Ryan needs to be cut a break. I'm really hoping the that the spoilers are right too and the team sticks buy him this time. What will be interesting is to see if EVERYONE sticks by him from the start or if some need to be convinced. No one should need to be convinced at this point!

Back