Episode 8x22 - "Mommie Dearest" - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, May 9, 2010.

1. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Do really EC has to be blamed for everything on this forum? I'm a bit tired with it...this is supposed to be thread about the upcoming episode, that didn't air yet if I'm correct, or another dislike thread? There is no safe thread where I could go and be sure that it contains what supposed to. It's just not fun to take part in the discussion anymore :/

2. slower

slower Lab Technician

Actually kala I really think in this instance they are trying to make a point. The point being is she favors a certain storyline over another character. The opening scene in WISC was mishandled; it was about Ryan not about E/C and it is extremely frustrating to fans of other characters to have a storyline overshadow one of the other characters episode. It was almost like an after thought about Ryan and his ordeal; b/c some fans were making such a fuss about the shower scene. It was a horrible mess. Krystal tends to write a storyline for Ryan (out of character) and then center it around someone else. It is beyond me why they keep giving her the Ryan episodes.:(

I understand your frustrations. I'm speaking for myself; I'm not an E/C supporter, but I try and stick to the dislike thread with my comments. :)

3. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

You're right, slower! I need to try much harder to keep my comments in check when I'm trying to make a point and if I'm going to be wordy - take it to the "dislike" thread.

My apologies.

4. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Thanks guys :)

Let's give writers some credit. i hate that the EC is the thing that divides fans of the show. I actually think that they are listening to us recently and are trying to please everyone, which is not easy thing to do.
    EC is shown much more subtle recently - many of those who dislike the ship admitted that. There was no love triangle when Jake showed up. Ryan and Nat have much more screentime. Adam came back to the show thanks to fans(well, not everyone is happy with that, but many people are). Maybe they should listen to us as it comes to show's costume designer ;)
    And
    despite making Ryan a scapegoat once again we know that the team will be loyal to him this time.I think it's safe to say that he will seem a scapegoat in tonight's episode or the next, but will be proved to be innocent after all...

Sorry for my English.

5. electra

electra Pathologist

Well,I am all for positive thinking.I miss how active the Miami section was so positive thinking is needed.

I saw the promo and it looks like a good one.I am assuming that is here that Ryan storyline starts.Walter can also be a suspect becouse he handled evidence as well.

6. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I will say this until everyone is sick of hearing it but, IMHO, the set up is so lame that everyone should stick by him. They have known him long enough to know he wouldn't betray Horatio like this. I have a feeling if Horatio believes he is innocent, everyone else will fall in line and help clear his name.

I am backing slower up on this one; the frustration of seeing an episode where Ryan should shine, he and his ordeal seemingly, written by this particular writer, taking a back seat to another storyline. And I, like slower, confine my comments about E/C to that particular thread.

The writers need to take most of the blame by promising a resolution to E/C and not delivering (which must frustrate the shippers as well as the non-shippers).

A fear for me with Adam coming back is the number of CSIs and can the writers write stories to keep all of them on the show. I am not a fan of these writers in general and I am scared they will cut a character or two because they are unable or unwilling to write for six CSIs. As was stated so aptly in another thread, TPTB hired all these people, it would be unfair to punish the actors, because they now don't know what to do with all of them.
    I completely agree:thumbsup:

Your English is fine; don't worry:thumbsup:

7. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Im also hoping for the best with this storyline. Ryan being distrusted is so old now. Its amazing how these people can be CSIs and jump to conclusions so fast. Ryan would never do anything like that, so im hoping this time will be different and they will act as a team from the get-go to clear his name.

8. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Sorry if I upset you, kala79. I have no opinion of E/C one way or the other; my point being that this particular writer trashed scientific accuracy and the integrities of the other characters all in the name of the E/C ship. She has already established a reputation as a bad writer. As the old saying goes, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice....

We shall see.

9. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Exactly, Jag Lady! Houghton has a history of being extremely kind to a very few characters while making sure that she puts a knife squarely in the backs of others.

I don't trust her to do justice to most of the characters. Her loyalties are to only a very few. She's not alone over the past 4 years, but she is certainly one of the worst. At times it doesn't even look like she knows the characters on this show.

As you said, Jag Lady ... we shall see. I'd LOVE to be proved wrong tonight.

I'm also sorry my words upset you Kala. But I do have to note that each segment of the fans here have felt your frustration at one time or another. Natalia's fans certainly felt the wrath of a certain fan element when she was dating Eric. Ryan's fans had to deal with all the dislike thrown at him when he came in as Speed's replacement. Of course the most recent example is Jesse. Wow, the venom thrown at that actor and his fans. And of course a lot of people favorite whipping boy, Caruso.

As slower stated, my words were to make a point. I still feel just as strongly about my point as I did when I first made it and because it does have to do with tonight's episode, I posted it in this thread.

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  10. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Pretty good episode. I really liked it. :D

- Oh dayum Eric... dun dun dun he has their bank records or something?

- Aaw I liked the little kiss Cal gave Eric.

- Ryan in yellow. Mmm. And this lady looks so familiar.

- Rebecca Nevins. So nice seeing all these old people,
    even if we know what happens to her...

- This guy is a total Taylor Lautner look alike, but not as hot. I bet he did it.

- Hmmm now that she's admitting it, I don't think the girl or her boyfriend did it.

- "I'm not gonna lie Delko, I do look good on camera." lololol

- Wtf, "you don't have a brother", "I don't anymore". Creepy.

- This is sad. :( And it's really similar to a book I recently read. Weird.

- Don't feel sorry for the victim at all in this episode. She deserved it.

- OH DAMN. It took THIS long for this season to get good? Can't wait for next week.

11. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

This was a really good episode! I am glad Eric is being shown torn between his job and his friends, who wouldn't be in his position?

When I saw what a monster the mother turned out to be, I definately agree with Ryan and Natalia about the fact this was justifiable homicide. She was horrible!

Okay so now Walter is onto Eric and what he's doing, and in the promos for the next episode looks like the rest of the team finds out. I feel sorry for Eric, he is definately in a tough position. I just hope that the rest of the team can forgive him

The ending had me puzzled until I saw the previews for the next episode. Next week looks good!!

12. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I thought this one was pretty good. :) I figured out the ending pretty easily but it was fun trying to guess who the culprit was with my family.

It was great to see both Horatio and Natalia interact with children; Natalia's fast becoming one of my favourites, aside from Jesse.

The plot was fairly unique for CSI:Miami, though I would have preferred a little more science than the 'cop' stuff. Interviews start to get tiresome after a while and the science is what piqued my interest in the beginning. Either way, the case was handled pretty well.

Eric's side investigation is okay, but doesn't he have just a tad conflict of interest? It really should have been handed off to a separate entity like IAB (despite that Stetler just wants some face time in front of the cameras) or someone else with the DA's office. Yeah, it's CSI:Miami's universe so they can bend the rules of reality but it still bugs me. :p

I'm to assume Calleigh and Eric are living together after seeing her walk in while Eric was viewing the team's bank statements. I actually think it's been played out pretty subtly during the latter half of the season so I have no big qualms with it. *shrugs*

Overall, a good one this week.

13. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

It's funny that I come into this episode with more faith about a young kid actor's ability to pull off an amazing performance than any of the adult cast.

Seeing Colin Ford was just really great! He's such a phenomenal little actor! That kid really pulls off well in dramatic roles, he needs awards!!;)

He's amazing as little Sam Winchester on Supernatural, and now on CSI Miami, he's equally perfect in this guest star role! Kid's definitely gonna be a star!

14. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Just saw the US promo for next week's episode, OMG! Ryan is taken away in cuffs while the rest of the team watches in disbelief. The look on Ryan's face was so sad! There is definately going to be backlash because of Eric's investigation, Walter is already pissed, and Calleigh and Ryan are not pleased either. This is bad and is definately shaken the team

15. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

AHHHHH!! They're really going to make me wait six days to resolve what I just saw in the previews!! Ryan in cuffs!! Him and Eric arguing in his aparment...The look on his face tore me up!!! I can't wait for this episode next week!!! Really I can't!! :scream: