Eric/Calleigh storyline -- why we dislike it. Part 2 **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Oh, I don't believe for one minute that she is pregnant, Flo!

I was just sharing what I remembered Evan saying because I thought it was so strange that Evan, of all people, would address the question. He must have really been getting the question a lot.

I've never believed that she was pregnant. I DO believe that she's put on weight (and boy, do I know what that's like), and I think that the weight gain, along with the tight clothes that just accenuates the weight gain, feeds the speculation.

Absolutely agree! I wouldn't even THINK about making a declaration that Procter is pregnant. I don't believe that she is I wish her the best of luck if that is what she wants. As a mother and a grandmother, I know of no greater love or sense of peace and satisfaction than having a child. I wish that joy and love for everyone who wishes it.

I think they could put a sock in a lot of the speculation if they would change her mode of dress on the show.

But I do have to say that I think TPTB latch on the what they hear the fans talking about and use it to keep speculation and conversation about the show and the actors/characters going. In short, they use us - a lot! I wouldn't put it past them to put Procter in clothes a size smaller just to keep the conversation going.

As someone who has experienced weight gain I know what's its like to be horribly uncomfortable in clothes that used to fit and no longer do. That's how Procter looks to me.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Delynn, what's FWB mean?

3. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Absolutely :thumbsup:

Actually I think slower used this acronym, but yeah I'm out of the loop as well and I would love to know what does it mean :lol:

4. CSI17

CSI17 Hit and Run

Okay, so I just saw Meltdown. And I was not happy with the whole E/C thing going on in the lab. Calleigh was grinning because she thought it was sooo adorable that Eric was jealous. :rolleyes: Oh, I can't stand Eric. I can't anymoooore. Gawd. He actually thought he ould be able to get past Natalia and record something illegal or what? Oh, come on, this is the BIONIC EX-MOLE NATALIA BV, nothing gets past herrrr. ;)

But I liked Emily at the ending part. At the lockers. That was funny. :p

5. slower

slower Lab Technician

I can answer that GNRF. It means "friends with benefits". I don't know if this is the correct abbreviation but I used it anyway.

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

That was a disgusting scene -- not so much Eric being jealous (he's known to be the jealous type, even before her), but Calleigh's reaction to it is what made it more annoying than anything. It's as if she's getting off on it, like it's a game & she's enjoying playing it. Jake isn't some random guy hitting on her (in fact he didn't even suggest wanting to be with her so I don't understand why there's "jealousy" to begin with) but he is THE guy whom she did choose over Eric the first time around....and she thinks it's cute that new boyfriend is still jealous of old boyfriend?! :cardie: It made her look like an absolute bitch, to be brutally honest!

I see that as well, Slower -- I've felt they've unintentionally used each other, ever since mid S5, as nothing more than a stepping stone to get through their personal tragedies.

7. GregNickRyanFan

Thanks for answering my question. I apologize for getting the poster names mixed up. I got confused cause of the avatars. :lol:

8. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

It seems to me that people who are truly "in love" and meant for each other don't find it necessary to play games with each other and this was just a game. I agree; it made Calleigh look like a bitch but Eric is just stupid to put up with it. And the sad part was that Jake showed less than no interest in her.

Again, IMHO, not the actions of two people truly "in love".

9. slower

slower Lab Technician

Hey no problem.:thumbsup: I hope I didn't come off sounding like the big "B".:lol: I am sometimes blunt without meaning to be.:)

10. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Well said, MiamiWolfe. It seems like Calleigh has no real interest in a true, lasting relationship and is almost taking advantage of Eric because Jake's not there and Eric is.

I will say this much. If Eric will be back at the lab full-time next year and Calleigh is still in a supervisory position, she better cut out the shenanigans. Anybody can step over the line or break the rules once, but they're clearly ignoring the fraternization policy. I think Eric even said in "The Best Defense" (S2) about Calleigh and John Hagen, "I'm a CSI; you think I can't figure out what's going on between two people?" Hey, you said it, Eric; I didn't. :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  11. alexa

alexa Witness

:wtf:dude that is not creepy... is scary!:eek:
    I only ask because for the 1st time that I noticed they put Calleigh in a large top. for example one of her scenes with Frank when they found jake...i guess.
    for me was the part that most irritated me. lool because it seemed so fake! oh god .... What they have done to Calleigh!!??!!:cardie:

You guys are so sweet!!!this is not enough to describe her behavior!
    these two need to leave CSI:M

12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

People that are "truly in love" and meant for each other are normally adult about the relationship and have an adult attitude and mentality.You find game playing with those that have more of a middle school mentality and attitude.The "relationship" has been very juvenile even before it started.
    Jake was the only one that was adult out of three characters(E/C) in the last episode.

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  13. GregNickRyanFan

Nah, you were fine. I just felt a bit embarassed cause I wasn't paying attention. :lol:

14. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

:wtf: That's all I have to say about that.
    Couldn't of said it better myself. To be honest, the first episode I ever saw of CSI Miami was "Burned" from season 5 and that's when that E/C "oh i cut my finger eric look at it and kiss it better" scene was. I remember just rolling my eyes and thinking they're putting THESE two together? Wow. I see nothing there at all, it seems so childish. And keep in mind I have never seen another episode before in my life. Jeez, this relationship is just as you said juvenile. Thank gosh for Jake. He actually (like you said) is the ADULT of this triangle. He should be removed from this triangle as quickly as he possibly can. Why should poor innocent Jake be infected with this stupid love triangle. I think it's safe to say that HE has moved on. Too bad the other two can't. Can't they see that Jake has no interest in them anymore? Apparently not...
    This scene was just. That just crossed the line. The old Calleigh would NEVER do something like that and I think she'd be totally disgusted at this "new Calleigh". In fact, if you put the 2 Calleigh's in the room together I'm sure they wouldn't be able to stand each other. Oh my what has this show come to. I cringe to see what the writers have in store for us in season 9. Oh goody. I just can't wait. :rolleyes:

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Thank you for stating this, thought I think you're being too kind. I'm sorry but to me, at this point, Calleigh is nothing but that thing :lol:

You couldn't have said it better. I really don't know who's the worts one between Calleigh and Eric. And I'm just glad that in all this mess the one to shine was Jake :lol:

Hmmm actually I think I'm the responsible for this feeling since I was the one who pointed out you were indicating the wrong person and I apologize :lol: