Eric/Calleigh storyline -- why we dislike it. Part 2 **spoilers**

that's a keyring of what I think it's her car keys
Or a hand-held remote that set off the bomb. :angel:
In my dreams anyway.....

:guffaw: Oh, you're bad! :devil:

Although it is my fondest wish that this is all leading to Calleigh being gone by the end of this season, I doubt that will happen. This smoke-screen of fake suspicious activity on Calleigh's part trying to make her look somehow involved is lame.

The current writers have proven that they are so over-the-top in love with both Calleigh and Eric that they would never in a million years write a story that would be blatantly negative about them.

Although they've done a bang up job destroying them over the past 4 years in a lot of our eyes, in their eyes they feel they've somehow improved them. I can't explain it because I don't agree that these characters are improved in any way in the past 4 years. I believe, as I've stated in the past, they have been utterly destroyed.

I really believe that all this hype is going to fall flat when it comes right down to it. What TPTB think is so exciting and original has a tendency to turn out to be everything we've seen before (all E/C drama - all the time) and pretty lame. They truly have lost touch with the core audience.

And I'm with Jag Lady. Enough with the stupid cliff hangers at the end of every season. IMO it just breeds the incredibily lame and just plain bad story arcs we keep seeing.

Last edited:
To be fair, this time I didn't think the E/C was QUITE as overwhelming, but as usual, they've dumbed down the episode.

2. Some thoughts on the end: In earlier years, Calleigh would be the professional police officer and secure that scene. Instead she comes running over to Delko and holds him and cries. Nice to know she cares. And what was that piece of paper on her right hand?

This scene didn't make sense to me either. Why would she run towards Eric when he was clearly far away from the blast zone? As for the paper, I'm guessing that is a leadin to next episode where
She sees that he is tracking them and gives a "How could you do this to us" speech

that's a keyring of what I think it's her car keys
Or a hand-held remote that set off the bomb. :angel:
In my dreams anyway.....
Bad bad girl :devil::devil::lol::lol:

Yeah I've come to a point when I'm actually praying she's the (in)famous traitor, but I already know TPTB won't go that way 'cause that actually would be shocking to some fans....certianly not to for me since I've come to believe she could do anything to obtain what she wants, not matter how :rolleyes:

As for the whole cliffhanger stuff, I agree with all of you....I'm sick and tired of them especially because they never work :rolleyes:

Yeah I've come to a point when I'm actually praying she's the (in)famous traitor, but I already know TPTB won't go that way 'cause that actually would be shocking to some fans....certianly not to for me since I've come to believe she could do anything to obtain what she wants, not matter how :rolleyes:
That makes two of us... Or pretty much all of us at this point. At least THAT would be more of an "original" (dare i say it :lol:) idea. GOd FORBID the writers ever trash someone OTHER than dear sweet Ryan. Sure Jon does an amazing job acting out Ryan the "scape goat", but would it kill them to let some other actor prove their "scape goat" skills. Apparently it would. :rolleyes:

As for the whole cliffhanger stuff, I agree with all of you....I'm sick and tired of them especially because they never work :rolleyes:
Especially if it's cliff hangers with the same characters. *cough*CALLEIGH/ERIC*cough*. I remember last season I had the best summer ever, because I could care less what happened to Eric. Too bad the writers can't think of an actually amazing cliffhanger.. Maybe they should drop the idea all together.. I mean really, a cliffhanger is NOT going to make fans come in or keep them watching... Sure it makes them watch for the premier, but that's really it... So really what's the point? I say, they SHOULD have ended the season with a nice clean finish, that way they'd have an entire plate of things they can do with the premier and make it, I dunno interesting? Too bad TPTB don't think of these things. :scream:

I'm going to put on my C/E drama proof vest for the next few episodes. Hopefully it'll help me at least make it thorough a couple of episodes. It certainly didn't help through the absolutely amazing beginning of "in the wind". :rolleyes: But hopefully it will. I REFUSE to let this whole "nomance" (I love that word) ruin a perfectly good episode where Ryan might ACTUALLY get a bit more screen time. :shifty:

Calleigh turning evil and clashing with Horatio is way too big for any TV show to hold. I say turn that into a film series after the show ends

maybe the ultimate betrayer could be Julia who has gotten plastic surgery to look like Calleigh (or even Valera) and has the real Calleigh or Valera locked up somewhere and the team has to find her. :lol: Just kidding. They'd really be in soapy territory then. :lol:

maybe the ultimate betrayer could be Julia who has gotten plastic surgery to look like Calleigh (or even Valera) and has the real Calleigh or Valera locked up somewhere and the team has to find her. :lol: Just kidding. They'd really be in soapy territory then. :lol:

Oh lord no! :scream: :)p) A Julia return on top of Calleigh in danger again would send me through the roof -- couldn't handle it.

Flo, I couldn't see tptb making her evil either. If I didn't know tptb the way I think I do, I'd say Calleigh looks suspicious & is guilty -- not that she stole the diamonds or set Rebecca up for death, but I would say she knows who stole the diamonds & for some reason is covering for the betrayer.
Typically Calleigh would be all over theft in the lab, wondering who it is, looking at anyone & everyone as if they're guilty -- this time she's awfully quiet, only speaking of it when she's providing an alibi for Jake. Wierd?
Maybe, maybe not.
Unfortunatly, TPTB don't have it in them to acknowledge that Ms. PrissyPants is not perfect, so I won't hold my breath for this theory to even play out. :rolleyes:

Does anybody here find themselves starting to wish TPTB HAD killed off Eric last season??

Originally that's what they were going to do but decided against it. I agreed, but I also figured (how silly of me) that maybe E/C would be put on the back burner and they were serious about "back to basics".

Does anybody here find themselves starting to wish TPTB HAD killed off Eric last season??

If only. This season would have been soooo much better without him, IMHO. But TPTB are so enamored with the E/C nomance, that they'll probably get rid of H before they actually take out either of those two fools. I pray TPTB aren't THAT stupid but I've learned not to put anything past them. :rolleyes:

To me, Eric Delko had already died back in "5x15 - Man Down", from a rational point of view, but TPTB opted to let him survive for no other purpose than the whole E/C stuff. Once I learned that they actually wanted to kill, but Ann Donahue had to defend poor poor Adam Rodriguez....well you can't even imagine what I wanted to do to that woman.....really that, to me, was the most stupid thing they have ever done along with the bullet crap :lol:.

I was sick and tired of Eric's presence even before that disgusting cliffhanger, you can't even imagine how I feel whenever I have to watch him do anything :wtf:

I seriously don't know who I want dead first between Eric and Calleigh, at this point....Calleigh could probably survive, if only she ended up in jail :lol:...nah better kill her, otherwise we'd have to see Eric while he visists her :cardie:

Originally that's what they were going to do but decided against it. I agreed, but I also figured (how silly of me) that maybe E/C would be put on the back burner and they were serious about "back to basics".

It wasn't tptb at Miami that wanted to kill Eric off, it was CBS themselves. The showrunner stood up for Eric/Adam and negotiated a deal with CBS for him.

It wasn't tptb at Miami that wanted to kill Eric off, it was CBS themselves. The showrunner stood up for Eric/Adam and negotiated a deal with CBS for him.
It doesn't matter who actually wanted to do the killing off.It's too bad that things just didn't stand as they were with the 10 episode deal,which actually could have been handled in a lot less episodes.Ending it at "Bad Seed" would have worked.

Anything would've been better than the 10-episode contract. It screwed up the whole season, imo. Nobody had any room for decent development because tptb had to make sure & fit him into those 10 episodes -- they weren't even necessary. Since Ann Donahue was so hellbent on keeping him, but CBS wasn't - they should have just let Eric walk out at the end of the premier, waited until Adam & CBS came to a negotiation, & then incorporate him back in. The "in and out" distracted the entire season.

The season had improved in certain areas, but now being able to review (almost) the entire season, the balance hasn't been great. Natalia's storyline was mentioned in 4 episodes, none of them centered directly on her. Horatio's storyline was so small it's barely noticed -- Kyle appeared twice. Jesse's storyline? Don't have an accurate number, there were plenty though. Ryan, though his screentime was better, did not have any storyline at all (even the one centric episode he'll get next week will have Eric and E/C drama slathered on top), nor did Frank who keeps losing more & more screentime it seems.
But then Eric has his TEN episodes where in nearly every single one of them they have to mention the nomance. From the premiere, to episode 3, then 5, then 11, then 14, they had a break in 16, then back in 20, 21, 22, and of course next week's 23 there will be drama overload. I'm sure the finale will show something as well. Wipee.

Seriously. It's really as if he never even left to begin with. :rolleyes:

yes1.gif
Me! Me! Me!

I'm sorry. I just think Eric's popping in and out all season has been a disaster for the show and for the other characters - with the exception of Calleigh, of course. :rolleyes:

What started out a very promising season of bringing the show back to its original focus got kicked to the curb because of all the Eric and Eric and Calleigh bs. And season 9 shows no sign of anything being any different. :scream:

They should have killed him off when they had the chance! In the entire scheme of things, there weren't THAT many clamoring for him to come back. They brought him back so the writers, Donahue and Procter could continue with their sorry little nomance.

At this point I wish they'd just kill both Eric and Calleigh off. At least then we might have a CHANCE at getting the show back to somewhere near the original focus.

I have to agree,death would have been better.The popping in and out definitely had a negative impact on the show.
Those that wanted Eric back would have started to move on by now. Instead we have the constant worry(by their fans) over Eric and Calleigh.Never mind that another member of the team is in serious trouble.Never mind if someone dies. No matter what happens,it all boils down to how it effects E/C. Unfortunately,unless one of them dies during the cliffy,we are in for another fun filled season of the nomance.

Back