Eric/Calleigh storyline -- why we dislike it. Part 2 **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Apr 18, 2010.

1. alexa

alexa Witness

but really far far but FAR FAR AWAY from Nat! I cant even thinking about it without feeling my csi heart having something :(
    I prefer a thousand times that they continue to forget our Natalia!!! ohhh GOD I just can't even thinking about a scenario like that!

2. CSI17

CSI17 Hit and Run

I'm not so sure that I'm a fan of this ship anymore. :( I used to go crazy when I saw them in the earlier seasons but now I just don't understand what's going on. I don't understand anything. :(

I apologize for the gloomy mood I put on.

3. alexa

alexa Witness

Don't try to understand this incomprehensible romance! the best thing I've done is give up to trying to understand this thing.
    I just see the new episode .... some of you that read interviews know if EP is pregnant? lool because they start to dress her like if they want to "hide something."

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

:lol: Well they've been hiding something for more than year I'd say :lol: Calleigh's outfit is just becoming more and more disgusting lately :lol:

Ok seriously, there's no news on Emily and, as far as, we know she's is not pregnant and, until we know for sure she's pregnant (thanks to official interviews), I won't express my opinion on the matter ;)

CSI17
    all I can do is try and pat your shoulder 'cause I know and understand how you feel ;)

5. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Well, it's certainly boring. But Horatio's is pretty boring as well. As I said earlier, I watched quite a few early episodes last week and the most striking thing about them was how fresh and nice Calleigh was and how great Horatio looked in all the colors he wore.

If I remember correctly, Evan Ellingson finally felt the need to post on his MySpace page last year during the hiatus that Procter wasn't pregnant. A lot of people were asking because she looked (and still looks like) she'd put on some weight. Apparently the questions just won't go away. And she's still wearing the same clothes with no noticable reduction in weight.

As far as her wardrobe is concerned, it would be nice if they would put some colors on her - and losen the seams a little. She looks uncomfortable.

A lot of us understand how you feel, CSI17! :(

6. CSI17

CSI17 Hit and Run

Oh, gooood. You guys understand! Thought I was the only one. *relief*

Wish they'd go back to the flirting. That was much better, I think. :rolleyes:

E/C should go on sabbatical or something. Time to give the other characters the spotlight. And I mean, Natalia and Ryan and Jesse. Oh, and H. ;)

7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

At this point I've come to the conclusion that everyone is wearing this stuff: Horatio looks like he hasn't changed his shirt for years as if he hasn't had a shower for years; Calleigh always looks like she just got back from a funeral...in every single episode I wonder who kicked the bucket; Eric has just a bad tasted in whatever he wears; Jesse and Walter always make me roll my eyes. The only ones who actually wears some interesting clothes are Ryan and Natalia....thank god :lol:

I've never heard about this before and all I can say is "WOW". I mean it's rather odd that Evan has to reply to this kind of question also because, as far as I know, he has never interacted with her in his life :eek:

She certianly does!!!

I think some of us are still waiting for both of them to leave Miami :rolleyes::lol:

8. CSI17

CSI17 Hit and Run

Florry86, I wanted to quote that last part of your post, but I didn't know how exactly, so yeah. :p Anyways, I just want AR to leave, but not Emily. I've enjoyed her a lot on the past seasons and if she would just go back to that fresh, energetic, sweet, southern bell Calleigh that I adored, then I'd be okay.

Oh and she needs to lose that all-black theme outfit. And get her hair in pigtails again just like in season one. :guffaw:

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  9. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Don't worry, in every post there's button you have to hit called "quote" and put the part of the post you want between the

10. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Yeah. I remember thinking it was strange that he would even go there, but it appeared he was being asked A LOT, probably by fans of hers who were hoping she was. I went to his MySpace page to try and find the comment, but he's updated his page quite a bit and it's no longer there.

It's possible I'm not remembering correctly, but it made quite an impression at the time, so I'm pretty sure I'm right about it.

I want to see both of them go, actually.

After what Rodriguez pulled to get back on the show and how horribly his character has been corrupted, I no longer have any respect for the actor or the character. I'd love to see him gone for good.

And I think Calleigh is the worse of the two. It's hard for me to even watch when she is in a scene at this point. The character is so far removed from the sweet, caring, bright, committed Calleigh of the first couple of seasons, for me it's like the current version of Calleigh is the evil twin. I don't see any of what I so enjoyed about Calleigh in those first seasons present any longer.

:guffaw: While I'd love to see her stop trying so hard to look sexy, cause to me it's laughable - she ain't makin' it, I'm not sure that a woman over 40 should be wearing pigtails! :lol:

Put her hair up in one of those beautiful ponytails she used to wear. Or pull it back somehow - both her and Natalia. They are crime scene investigators for crying out loud. Hair flying all over the place contaminates the crime scene!

I'd just like to see her move with some kind of grace and fluidity. She's so stiff and mechanical. Like she's scared her hair or makeup might get messed up. That's not how Calleigh was in the beginning. And that stiff, mechanical movement makes her "action" scenes appear amaturish.

Procter is supposed to have a dance history. So she must be able to move more naturally and with a little more grace than what we are seeing. It makes me wonder if there is somekind of physical problem that she appears so stiff all the time.

11. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Don't worry, I didn't mean I don't trust you 'cause you know how much I do. All I was saying is that it's quite impressive and shocking the fact a person like Evan was asked something concering one of those persone he had never interacted with. At least to me it's quite shocking and it kinda is revealing...that's all I'm gonna say, for now :)

12. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Oh, I never thought you were questionning my honesty, darlin'! ;)

But I would love to be able to actually quote what Evan said. I think he really likes Procter, he actually seems to like the entire cast and crew. His My Space page actually lists David as his hero.

I just got the impression that he was being asked the question a lot. I wish I could remember the timing exactly. I don't know if it was before or after Procter expressed her desire to get pregnant and to have Calleigh get pregnant as well.

I remember at the end of the season a lot of people were commenting on the fact that she had gained some weight and camera shots seems to be either at a distance or above the waist. So speculation was that she might be pregnant already.

I think if you look at her she does appear to have put on a few pounds (haven't we all - especially after 40) and I'm not sure the wardrobe department is doing her any favors with the clothes they are making her wear. Everyone knows that black is supposed to be slimming. So to put her in it EVERY episode begs the question ... why? The clothes are too tight and they make her look horribly uncomfortable. Maybe that's why I always feel that she moves so mechanical and so stiff.

13. slower

slower Lab Technician

It is so funny everyone talking about Emily's maybe pregnancy. My take is that she is either 12 or more months pregnant or she has just gained some weight. Its ok we all do it.

What I find creepy is over on another forum they have a thread that is dedicated to her getting pregnant. I was like come on; its like they were in the room with them egging them on. lol

Can some of them get any more ridiculous than this? I mean no disrespect for those who respectfully support them (just to make myself clear).

I seriosly doubt that this mess is going to last much longer. Sometimes I get the feeling that it is a FWB situation; instead of something long term.

Calleigh needs someone who she can't lead around by the nose. Someone who can put her in her place. To me Calleigh likes to be in control and this is not good in a relationship.

14. CSI17

CSI17 Hit and Run

Hard to admit, but you have a really good point about Calleigh not going back to her old self anymore. What are the chances? :confused: Gosh, I hate the way they ruined the characters because of poor writing.

Yeah the pigtails were cute in season one when she was so southern and sweet. Not anymore. :rolleyes: BTW, I agree with everyone who said that now she's so stiff and mechanical. She looks really stressed out.

Florry86, thanks for the tip. I will practice on my quoting problem. :lol:

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

No worries :thumbsup:

I remember that as well and I also remember how people kept speculating on such a thing for a very long time, thought I really thought it ended this season ;)

I'm quite sure no one can deny that those clothes are kind of..."peculiar", I mean I had the same doubt as well more than once. But since there's no official declaration on her pregnancy, we cannot say she's pregnant and we cannot go on like this :)

That is creepy...the only word I can use to define such thing :lol:

Ok seriously, no disrespect to anyone, but I do understand the feeling you can have while watching the show. I mean ok I can easily think she might be pregnant as well whenever I watch an episode of Miami, but since I have to know whether it's true or it's only a speculation of mine yet I will never go on sceaming like crazy that she's pregnant!!!! No one should do it till she declares she's going to have a baby;)

I think that both Eric and Calleigh look stressed out and I would stongly advice a long holiday somwhere far from Miami....seriously, they have nothing left to say to me right now :shifty:

You're welcome :lol: